• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Standards For Bleach Soul Crush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received permission from Ant.

With our new standards for Soul Manip based on this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/mind-...2-numbers-arent-everything-staff-only.124859/
I think it's a good time to discuss how this would affect the standards for Bleach's infamous Soul Crush as it ends up stirring a lot of trouble in VS Threads. Before the new rules for Soul Manipulation were applied, the potency of Soul Crush was based on how many souls they could affect, especially the God Tiers.

Some say it is in the billions range since Yhwach was going to affect both the populations of Soul Society and The World Of The Living. Some say it's in the quintillions range since everything has a soul, (plants, rocks, atoms). Some say it's Infinite since Reiatsu = AP and the God Tiers are 3-A to Low 2-C. Just to make sure the issue doesn't happen in any VS Thread again, I think we should discuss and pin down to what extent Soul Crush is, with our new standards.

The current rule for Soul/Mind Manipulation:
Note 2: When judging the potency of hax-based abilities such as Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation, and the resistance against them, there is a variety of factors to be potentially considered. Such as the mechanisms involved, how many people the power can affect, whether it has been demonstrated to break through resistances, how great the effects are, etc.

These factors need to be examined with the mechanism in mind, to determine if they actually demonstrate potency. For example, for a mind-controlling gas simply affecting more people with it, by using lots of the gas, would not indicate an increase in potency of the gas as simply more of it was used. The effect couldn't be accumulated to be as strong on a single target as it is on all affected individuals summed up.

Whether a power can overcome resistance against it based on certain feats has to be determined by comparing the various factors at play. For example, resistance can be overcome by Mind Manipulation with higher potency in any factor, if the resistance is equal, less or unknown in all other factors. When it comes to resistance that is above the Mind Manipulation in some factors, while the Mind Manipulation that is superior in other factors, one has to see on a case-by-case basis whether a convincing argument can be put forth. Otherwise, such a situation will have an inconclusive result.

How the mechanism of the power (Such as the before-mentioned Mind Manipulation) interacts with the mechanism of the resistance is, of course, also relevant.

Some say it is in the billions range since Yhwach was going to affect both the populations of Soul Society and The World Of The Living.
with the new standards this isn't a thing anymore although an argument can sorta be made as certain individuals of the population have soul resist greater then baseline and factoring in the various types of hollow species with different soul levels.

Some say it's in the quintillions range since everything has a soul, (plants, rocks, atoms).
afaik this is not accepted and frankly wank.
Some say it's Infinite since Reiatsu = AP and the God Tiers are 3-A to Low 2-C. Just to make sure the issue doesn't happen in any VS Thread again, I think we should discuss and pin down to what extent Soul Crush is, with our new standards.

the new standards doesn't affect it all imo again the bleach energy system is very interchangable with soul manip(its literally thr power level) its a being like base aizen who can soul crush grimmjow. not a potency issue like affecting alot of people at once, but grimmjow who is a being housing/worth the souls of millions of hollows combined.

although personally im not sure if i'd give the bleach characters with infinite ap, infinite soul manip aswell.

Why is this a staff thread?

What is the actual purpose of this thread? Do we require a staff thread for determining how potent every ability is now?

This just seems a bit... odd?

Bleach supporters have yet to make a thread detailing how potent soul crush is under the new standards because they're either;

1. Busy with irl stuff
2. Don't have any interest in the topic specifically

Don't see why you're trying to force it

Not sure why this is a “staff discussion” thread either, it’s just flat out weird lmao. Honestly it should just get moved to the regular content revision section. But as Purgy said, most of the Bleach knowledgeable members and staff who care to partake in Bleach CRTs are busy/fatigued with the verse atm. Me being one of them, I’ll try and respond when I get the chance.

While I understand the importance of this in regards to a vs debate point of view. This thread shouldn't need to be a Staff only thread at the moment, as this isn't a heavy issue. Yes, the new rules have changed up the way Mind/Soul stuff works but we didn't make threads for other verses and put them as Staff only now did we?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This issue can be solved by the Bleach supports gathering the evidence of how soul crush works and placing into a blog when they have the free time and are able to do so. When they do this, they can then create a thread to explain it everyone else and get it accepted so we can end this annoying soul crush debate that pops up every month. However, we can't rush them to do this because it makes it seem like seem like we're targeting Bleach which isn't the case as far as I'm aware.

I think this thread should be closed. The Bleach supports will get to this topic when they are able, this thread will just end up like all the other Soul Crush threads back and forth/no you nonsense.

Kinna agree with Griffin on this one. This doesn't seem remotely serious enough to warrant itself to be in Staff Discussion threads.

Since the supporter's don't seem to have their scaling figured out yet and it seems most (including me) see no point in this being a staff thread, I'm going to close this one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back