• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Standardizing Monster Hunter Stamina

Sigilavox

He/Him
Hello.

The stamina sections of Monster Hunter profiles are not up to the standards set by the wiki’s Stamina page guidelines, in particular:
Please avoid generic terms such as "high" or "very high" and so on, as well.
Elder Dragons like Alatreon get "Endless" with no explanation, while non-Elders get vague terms like "High", sometimes using completely different explanations.

Lagiacrus:
High (Can fight several opponents for tens of minutes and still be able to fight)

And Mizutsune:
High. Able to fight for days.

Yet both describe monsters on the same tier capable of equal amounts of stamina.

I propose that we remove these generic terms from monster hunter profiles such as Lagiacrus and simply state what they’re capable of doing:

Non-Elder: Able to fight for tens of minutes and sustain large amounts of damage without significantly weakening.
Elder Dragon: Able to fight at full strength indefinitely and sustain large amounts of damage without significantly weakening.

Period optional. Exceptions like Nergigante can exist, but this would standardize the setting.

*Due to the sub-1 hour day-night cycle in Monster Hunter hunts, non-Elders might actually be capable of fighting for several hours, instead of tens of minutes. For now, I'll just assume tens of minutes.

Last edited:
I believe even in low rank, in World, Hunt could actually take days though. I could remember the sky during hunt against Anjanath or Diablos when I was a noob, it took a night to kill the damn thing. Shouldn't all monsters' stamina be higher than that? Tens of minutes are just game minutes in my opinion.

I believe even in low rank, in World, Hunt could actually take days though. I could remember the sky during hunt against Anjanath or Diablos when I was a noob, it took a night to kill the damn thing. Shouldn't all monsters' stamina be higher than that? Tens of minutes are just game minutes in my opinion.
Yeah, the timer says 50 Minutes but that 50 Minutes includes a whole ass Day/Night Cycle in World.

Yeah, the day night cycle works like that in Rise too. So we good to change non-Elders to:

"Non-Elder: Able to fight for several hours and sustain large amounts of damage without significantly weakening."

Or perhaps days? I mean, it runs away, sleeps, eats, etc. as we fight on and off over days.

Yeah, the day night cycle works like that in Rise too. So we good to change non-Elders to:

"Non-Elder: Able to fight for several hours and sustain large amounts of damage without significantly weakening."

Or perhaps days? I mean, it runs away, sleeps, eats, etc. as we fight on and off over days.
I don't think I've had any hunt last over a day and a half but maybe like 2 days worth of stamina if you're really lagging behind the monster and setting up traps when it sleeps. I know the Sapphire Star has way more stamina than any of the monsters since they can stay in the field for literally forever until you want to leave when you're just going on expeditions and not hunts.

@DMUA

We would appreciate your opinion on this! For now we’re thinking indefinite stamina for elders and several hours of stamina for non-elders.

I know that in World, Kushala and the other elders can tire out, but as Rise reverted back to the previous canon of “never tires”, I am comfortable waiting until MH6 to decide whether the ability to be exhausted is the new standard for elders. Either way, Fatalis, Alatreon, near-death Raging Brachydios, Shara Ishvalda, and Zorah still don’t ever slow down.

Hi @DMUA or @Mr._Bambu, could we confirm this? For simplicity's sake, I'd like for non-Elder Dragons to have the following stamina line:
  • Superhuman (Able to fight for several hours and sustain large amounts of damage without significantly weakening)
And for Elder Dragons to have this line:
  • Infinite (Able to fight at full strength indefinitely and sustain large amounts of damage without significantly weakening)
...at least until the next MH game confirms whether World's Elders, who could exhaust themselves, will be the standard moving forward. How does this sound?

Just in case, shouldn't being able to stay awake for days just be Peak or Athletic Human? I mean, the longest time spent awake is 11 days
Good point, but personally I'm not too sure. By the end of the period, most of which was spent in relatively light or idle activity, the person was extremely delirious and obviously not functioning well. It should be stated that monsters can be fighting or actively fleeing for that entire duration, which I do think is justifiably above Peak Human.

Good point, but personally I'm not too sure. By the end of the period, most of which was spent in relatively light or idle activity, the person was extremely delirious and obviously not functioning well. It should be stated that monsters can be fighting or actively fleeing for that entire duration, which I do think is justifiably above Peak Human.
Don't forget the monsters getting completely ******* crippled and mutilated during these fights.

Back