• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stand Users

Anyone who needs to be downgraded from 9-C to 10-C, 10-B, or 10-A and those exceptions who should stay at 9-C.

Jotaro, Polnareff (he should be at least peak human anyway), Josuke, Jolyne, Gyro, Josefumi and Valentine all have stuff thst put them above human's in AP. Now if we're also talking dura then a bunch get tier 9 or above dura like Rohan, Johnny, Diavolo, Okuyasu, Kakyoin, Mountain Tim, Mista, etc.

Arigarmy said:
I already made a list, but I don't see how Valentine and Polnareff count.
I mean, Polnareff did fight vanilla ice who is a vampire and had above average ap in that fight but that is it. I cant think of any other reason. What do you think Polnareff is at? (Havent seen part four btw)

I don't remember Polnareff getting in a fistfight with Vanilla Ice. (If you aren't caught up, this thread might not be for you. Polnareff was in 3 and 5, not 4.)

Arigarmy said:
I don't remember Polnareff getting in a fistfight with Vanilla Ice.
Yeah, I fact checked myself. You are right. Then 10-A Polnareff? He should at least be an althetic human

As for Valentine, I think he is also 10-A I am also fine with 9-C for them as well, but there is no evidence for them (off the top my head) that qualified them for this rating.

The at least peak human thing for Pol was the fact he casually moved a 200kg bed with bad leverage while bleeding out with one hand if I recall against Ebony Devil. Valentine is just me being safe, I'm not sure since it's been awhile but didn't they pose a threat to Diego?

"They"? Diego one-shot two Valentines and only fought directly with D4C or got split open by Diego.

Huh I guess. I could skim some parts to see if there's anything in general, although I still got that Part 5 respect thread that is basically done that I just haven't put up. Oh well simply looking through a bit does more good than harm.

Bump again. Is there any easy way to differentiate 10-B to 10-A if there isn't any form of physical fight made?

Arigarmy said:
Bump again. Is there any easy way to differentiate 10-B to 10-A if there isn't any form of physical fight made?
Maybe lifting or striking strength? If we cant judge based on that, we can just say they are at least 10-B, no?

That reminds me, for all Stands users additional weaknesses that wasn't mentioned: "Stand users (e.g. Jotaro Kujo) must maintain proper breathing rhythm or their Stands will be weakened."

Proven to be true by Old man Joseph himself (Start at 2:16): https://youtu.be/_lkWcpnVKDE

Except that's inconsistent, I doubt Kakyoin would be properly breathing at the brink of death, Carne wasn't breathing at all when his Stand was going around, and iirc near death Iggy saving Polnareff

A badly beaten Kira was about to activate Bites the Dust, Kira's father is a ghost and his Stand worked just fine

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Except that's inconsistent, I doubt Kakyoin would be properly breathing at the brink of death, Carne wasn't breathing at all when his Stand was going around, and iirc near death Iggy saving Polnareff

A badly beaten Kira was about to activate Bites the Dust, Kira's father is a ghost and his Stand worked just fine
Just making sure.

An in universe explanation could easily be Joseph said that as the only other supernatural source he's aware of outside of Stands (which includes only his own and Abdul's) is hamon And considering his is a manifestation of Hamon chances are he said that because that's all he knew and was probably true as far as he knew. That or Araki retconned it because Stands have nothing to do with breathing.

Star Bumpnum: The World is from Part 4 and can only stop time for one bump.

Here's Steely Dan beating up a kid. Steely Dan isn't even a page so he doesn't matter. We're just trying to make clear of who is 10-A in these exceptions and then list everyone else as 10-B. I might as well make the list now, we keep going past what he should be doing.

I can't really think of any.

Kakyoin karate-chopped an old man. Though he used Atemi, which is a method of striking pressure points. But this implies he has some experience with martial arts, so 10-A?

All Part 3 stand users are Wall level vis size, just look at them

Yeah, you can probably figure that out via physique

Here's my list for 10-A. I had an error the last two times and I'll be very angery if I get a third error.

If you disagree with an inclusion or think someone should've been added in, please make your statement about it. And since we're taking out the all 9-C rule, then that means a majority of these pages would have the Superhuman/Peak Human rule listed off them.

Rubber Soul did beat the tar out of that one dude who tried to steal his wallet, and almost tore him in half. I think that can be a solid 9-C.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Wouldn't that just count for Yellow Temperance's strength?
I'm pretty sure it's more like a suit in this case than an act of strength on its own end.

Back