• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stand Users

Someone asked me this before, and I didn't think much of it then, but why do we state all Stand Users as 9-C just for the state of being Stand Users? Nothing that I recall states anything that allows them to be so just because they have a Stand. So why is it stated that way? Someone told me about it being that way and I only followed it, but I never really questioned why.

I don't know where 9-C comes from, but iirc Stand Users > Regular Humans, which might be where it comes from

I don't remember where "Stand users > Humans" comes from (or if I'm just dumb) though

I'm not sure about AP, but I'd imagine that they'd at least be 9-C in durability because of the whole "any damage done to the stand reflects back onto the user"

Many Stand users aren't all that strong at all, such as Koichi, so I agree this should be reconsidered. This Stat is likely based on Jotaro's physical power, but Jotaro was notably stronger physically than Alessi even when he was reverted to 12. It's likely Jotaro, being descended from the Joestar line and being a physically powerful thug even without a Stand, is a special case.

However, at least some of them do seem to have enhanced durability since they can take hits from Stands.

Jotaro is currently physically rated wall level, so the other weaker stand users might be street level physically.

All stand users are 9-C? Enyaba is an old lady and koichi is a kid. The variation does exist, it is ridiculous some are 9-C simply for being a stand user. This could be a case by case basis though.

Yeah the 9-C rating for some or so probably seems rather odd to have just for being a stand user, so it likely would have to be case-by-case for them in order to properly tier them by themselves.

Also side-comment, i didn't think Jotaro had that feat as being 9-B. I actually was the one who gave him 9-C due to the kid one, which is kind of justified since he did it even as a kid temporarily by Alessi but yeah...

Jotaro's 9-C feat has nothing to do with Stands, in fact the entire point was to no longer make him a Stand User, that feat is him before becoming a Stand user.

Yeah, that rating seems kinda odd, several users are kids, old people, or even cowards and little athlete. They should be 10-B unless they have that kind of feat, and receiving a beat down isn't one of them.

I also agree with 10-B to 10-A. Any Tier 9 feats performed without stands are extremely rare and should only be applied for the ones who have them.

Also, would Josuke be 9-B without Crazy Diamond? Since he did wreck the crap out of Rohan's room after DORARARAing him.

I think all started with Jotaro 9-B feat and scaled to most of the characters, even some that doesnt make sense.

But I agree, it need some revision not because somebody made a feat it should scale to everyone else, being a Stand User probably upgrade Jotaro's force (or probably not) so he can do certain "above human things" but there are stand users like Koichi or Sugar Mountain that are just kids, I dont fell they should get nerfed to 10-A but that we check most of the stand users to see ho have Peak Human stats and others stand users would be nerf to 10-A or 10-B because some character like Enya dont even come close to be Athlete level but Jotaro and Josuke have shown enough feats to be 10-A and higher.

I'm not sure if this was official or just fan based deduction, but I've always been of the impression that being a stand suer meant you likely had increased physical abilites. A lot of stand users do take hits from stands and aren't instantly pulverised (Such as Star Platinum beating the crap out of Steely Dan, not his stand, the person) so they're obviously physically stronger in some if not most cases, however I do agree that without any real evidence it's a bit unfair to assume you're tier x just for having a stand.

Edit: Looking back I've noticed I said suer instead of user, but frankly I find that typo hilarious so I'm keeping it in

Do they have any particular feats (a regular stand user) as a stand user that would seem "impressive" to normal humans?

• Going over Tier 9 once, I did read a description in this page that "Stands are defined as personifications of "life energy" whose abilities are given visual form."
    • This would mean that most stands would require a sufficient amount of energy just to maintain it, which an ordinary human may not possess.
Perhaps this is where the 9-C rating comes from, as the requirement for a stand user needs to have peak physical conditioning.

I'm pretty sure a number of Stand users are not physically fit. Their "fighting energy" could just be their willpower and drive.

Jotaro is 9-B because he's a 195cm teenage guy. Most stand users are regular people. Boingo from Stardust Crusaders is a regular kid and would be beaten by up adult humans in real life. He's nowhere near 9-C, and debatable if he's even 10-A.

9-B is much higher in terms of Attack Potency in comparison to what normal people are capable of doing, although if Jotaro was able to break concrete/rocks/walls with his physical attacks, Wall level would be justified in that case.

Lina Shields said:
9-B is much higher in terms of Attack Potency in comparison to what normal people are capable of doing, although if Jotaro was able to break concrete/rocks/walls with his physical attacks, Wall level would be justified in that case.
He should be downgraded, what he destroyed was a wooden door. You can calc it, I expect it to be much lower than 9-B. Most stand users are nowhere as large as Jotaro anyway, Boingo can't even fight because he's a kid, same as Koichi who's short. Enyaba is simply an old lady who can barely speak. Stand users are not like pokemon

Jotaro kicked a police officer several feet into a garage door casually putting a huge dent into it, Josuke smacked Koichi hard enough to knock flying several feet and into a metal door and broke said door, Jotaro was also knocked through a building by The World and Pol hit into wall by DIO. There's lot of higher end feats for main characters, its just the minor ones thst got next to nothing.

Edit: https://youtu.be/s5XSSF7DFO0 about 1:00 in, I don't got the scan on me but here's this for Jotaro kicking the dude in the anime, its almost identical to the manga so it should suffice for now.

Joseph619 said:
He should be downgraded, what he destroyed was a wooden door. You can calc it, I expect it to be much lower than 9-B. Most stand users are nowhere as large as Jotaro anyway, Boingo can't even fight because he's a kid, same as Koichi who's short. Enyaba is simply an old lady who can barely speak. Stand users are not like pokemon
As a guy who has calc'd countless Tier 9 feats, I can easily tell you that destroying a wooden door would definitely at least be low end 9-B.

If there are feats then we should use the feats, there's no need for scaling. Jojo doesn't have power levels, especially for humans who can be athletic or crippled. Anybody can be a stand user

Why is everyone thinking people are scaling from a 9-B feat? That's not it at all. I'm just talking about the 9-C Stand Users, that feat with Jotaro and the cop was definitely Wall level. I'm talking about other people, not Jotaro here.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Jotaro kicked a police officer several feet into a garage door casually putting a huge dent into it, Josuke smacked Koichi hard enough to knock flying several feet and into a metal door and broke said door
Oh, nice catch. I didn't think much of that, focused more on Surface.

Joseph619 said:
If there are feats then we should use the feats, there's no need for scaling. Jojo doesn't have power levels, especially for humans who can be athletic or crippled. Anybody can be a stand user
That's incorrect, it's based on mental strength and will, not just anyone can be a Stand User.

Arigarmy said:
That's incorrect, it's based on mental strength and will, not just anyone can be a Stand User.
You don't need physical strength to be stand user, and we're talking about AP here

I think Arigarmy makes sense. The problem is, we havent addressed the 9-C who are that way simply because they are stand users.

Does anyone have a list of who might be getting a downgrade?

AP normally doesn't scale from physical durability. Just because he can survived being busted through a metal door doesn't mean he can bust through a metal door by himself without his Stand.

Koichi is the one being punted, and Josuke is the one receiving the AP, so why are you talking about Koichi's AP? He'll probably be in the bunch to get downgraded.

So, I'll make the list of the exceptions. It'd be much easier than listing every other character.

And for the one left out:

• Okuyasu Nijimura punching Josuke repeatedly was only in the anime. So that feat can't really apply anymore.
I may have forgotten a feat or two that makes others up there, and those like Dio Brando and Vanilla Ice are already obvious due to being vampires, and Joseph Joestar in Part 2. But that's the exception list for right now.

Again, there was the feat where Josuke frantically flailed around in Rohan's studio in anger after DORARARAing him. There may or may not have been some destruction going on, but in the anime I do remember Josuke apparently punching him so hard that the windows on the lower floors shattered.

Back