• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stamina levels/definitions

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
A list of different levels of stamina and definitions of said levels. Feel free to add or tweak anything.

We have no set categories for describing this characteristic as it is difficult to define stamina with great accuracy, rather, this is meant to be a guide on how give a general gist of how great ones stamina is.

It may also be a good idea to display feats of a character for example: "Thor once fought an army of frost giants for 9 months without tiring."

Additionally this gives you the opportunity to flesh the character out more rather just writing "high" which is broad and could mean anything.

Below Unfit - Said characters have virtually no stamina at all and find it difficult to lift a finger.

Unfit - Such characters live an unhealthy lifestyle and find it taxing after completing basic tasks. Walking is difficult and exercise is near impossible to do without collapsing immediately.

Average - Comparable to the average human who does little exercise but is able to walk a mile or two before becoming exhausted.

Above Average - This kind of person able to jog reasonable distances before becoming tired. Are able to exercise on a regular basis and complete a full workout routine with some difficulty.

Athletic - Are able to compete in sports/marathons and are able to last the full duration of the game/course, albeit by breaking a sweat.

Peak Human - Can compete in sports/marathons and are the top of their game. This kinda person pushes themselves to the limit of their ability in every workout.

Superhuman - Marathons are considered basic workouts and are relatively easy to complete. Can probably skip the odd day of rest if necessary.

Godlike - Characters are able to stay active for days if not weeks on end without the need for rest or sleep.

Godly - These characters do not really need to sleep or rest at all and can stay active for months on end without needing rest.

Virtually Inexhaustible - Sleep is a very rare occasion and is probably only needed once a year in order to recover.

Nigh-Infinite - Sleeping isn't necessary if avoiding long lasting workouts. Theoretically no rest of any kind is needed as long as there is nothing serious to exhaust this type of person.

Infinite - This person doesn't need to rest or sleep full stop. This person may or may not be able to sleep, but can choose to if desired. This usually applies to mechanoids.

Irrelevant - This being transcends the need for rest, often due to their dimensional nature.

Bump

However...

"Take note that we have no set categories for describing this attribute, and it is very hard to gauge properly, so you should preferably rather describe the stated or displayed extent for a certain character.

For example: "Thor once fought an army of frost giants for 9 months without tiring."

It's the best thing to do. To show actual feats instead of categorizing. Since in some cases what us really high stamina for one verse may be nothing to another. Vice versa.

Updated OP. Thanks for the responses.

And with that, it's good. I think it should at least be referenced to (like "hey there's a general scale should you want to use that instead"). Most people list stamina as "high", "low", "extremely high", "average", etc. anyway..

Added.

So, can I add this or do I have to wait for a mod?

I did a while ago and received no response

This seems like more than a good scale for general use in Stamina, even with the notion that some facets of stamina vary and ultimately diverge from whats presented in the list, think it's alright for implementation for anyone who wishes to give an idea of their staying power than add feats of it.

Thanks for the response Aku. I guess it's okay to get this added then?

I have nothing against this, really. Although i'm also just on board with doing the old way of explaining the stamina feats so how anyone can do with it even with adding this is up to them. Don't see any harm with this kind of change either way, however.

Can a member of staff please add this? The stamina page is locked.

Oh it was locked? Could have asked if you needed unlocked so you can edit it.

It's unlocked now and i'm kind of pretty...tame on doing anything.

If you want, you can go ahead and add this now yourself.

Thanks Cross, you may lock it now.

It's not official, just a guideline.

Being able to fight for a few minutes is probably about what average an human could do.

Personally i think having Godly is kinda pointless since there is already Godlike and they're synonyms.

I think it would be better having something like this:

Below Unfit - Said characters have virtually no stamina at all and find it difficult to lift a finger.

Unfit - Such characters live an unhealthy lifestyle and find it taxing after completing basic tasks. Walking is difficult and exercise is near impossible to do without collapsing immediately.

Average - Comparable to the average human who does little exercise but is able to walk a mile or two before becoming exhausted.

Above Average - This kind of person able to jog reasonable distances before becoming tired. Are able to exercise on a regular basis and complete a full workout routine with some difficulty.

Athletic - Are able to compete in sports/marathons and are able to last the full duration of the game/course, albeit by breaking a sweat.

Peak Human - Can compete in sports/marathons and are the top of their game. This kinda person pushes themselves to the limit of their ability in every workout.

Superhuman - Characters are able to stay active for days if not weeks on end without the need for rest or sleep.

Godlike - These characters do not really need to sleep or rest at all and can stay active for months on end without needing rest.

Virtually Inexhaustible - Sleep is a very rare occasion and is probably only needed once a year in order to recover.

Nigh-Infinite - Sleeping isn't necessary if avoiding long lasting workouts. Theoretically no rest of any kind is needed as long as there is nothing serious to exhaust this type of person.

Infinite - This person doesn't need to rest or sleep full stop. This person may or may not be able to sleep, but can choose to if desired. This usually applies to mechanoids.

Irrelevant - This being transcends the need for rest, often due to their dimensional nature.

Stefano4444 said:
Personally i think having Godly is kinda pointless since there is already Godlike and they're synonyms.

I think it would be better having something like this:

Superhuman - Characters are able to stay active for days if not weeks on end without the need for rest or sleep.

Godlike - These characters do not really need to sleep or rest at all and can stay active for months on end without needing rest.

Nice necro. It would've been better to create a new thread for this.

You should've posted that on an active staff member's wall or the questions and answers board. This thread is over a year and a half old.

Back