• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spooky Upgrade + RW Question

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
How spooky.

The question is really the most important part, given that this is what would decide the upgrade.

We tend to give people Reality Warping something the tier of what they're reality warping. A city for City level, a planet for Planet level, etc.

However, this technique seems to be somewhat contradictory, given that we currently have no way of accurately calculating a yield for such feats. Which doesn't matter when a feat is extremely straightforward like a city, but what about when it isn't?

Which is my problem with our Spooky profile. Everyone is 9-A based on a few monsters reality warping either a room or many rooms. The strongest of this when it comes to RW rooms is White Face, who can remake over 40 rooms at once. Obviously, that'd be higher than 9-A, but to what degree?

A quick lowballed mass gave me a mass roughly equal to what would be needed for 8-C, and applying baseline fragmentation (8 j/cc) gave me 8-B. But I feel like neither of those would be acceptable. Just asking what the heck do we do here.

You can probably calculate the area of the room based on its length which you can probably find by the speed it takes for the later to run across it (assuming he walks at a standard human speed). From there, times that by the amount of rooms they can warp.

It seem slie an average size for a city block is 120 * 120 m, so 14,400 m^2. I guess you can compare that results you find to that.

Just my idea on how to do it, not sure if it's considered acceptable either. Stuff below Tier 7 is always hard to gauge without traditional calcs.

Rooms vary in size quite insanely in that game. Picking the room White Face starts in as the "average" room is a huge lowball, given that some rooms can be the size of freaking hangars, but is probably the best, given that I can't figure out what room would be "average" in all that mess.

Lemme just find it, because I see the RNG of the game ready to screw me over from miles away.

woawoawoa. I will calculate the size of this room. This is an "L" shaped room, with two corridors intersecting with each other. Here, I will just calculate one corridor and then multiply it to get the total.

Spookyaverage1
Here are the measurements of:

A: The opening of the door. I'll assume that this part is as high as the average American, to give us something to scale from.

B: The height of the room as a whole.

C: The width of the room as a whole.

D: The height of a single brick. This will be important in the next step.

As said before, I'll assume that the opening of the door is the height of the average American, which is around 173.4 cm. Lowball, I know, but still.

With this, we can determine the other measurements. B would be 227.9 cm. C would be 224.8 cm. D would be 27.9 cm. So we now have the height and width of the room, and the measurement D will help us figure out the length with this next scan:

Spookyaverage2
This picture has a "set" of three bricks, which is a texture that repeats itself on the walls. Using the measurement D from before, I'll determine the length of the set and THEN the length of the room.

With the height of the brick being 27.9 cm, we can determine that the set would be 219.9 cm.

Spookyaverage3
In this third scan, we can see the entire wall. There are no measurements since this is merely counting. We have 5 sets of bricks as calculated before. Which makes the entire wall (And room) 1099.5 cm.

We now have the measurements of an entire corridor. Assuming this is a rectangle (Spoiler: it is one) and we have a volume of 56329496.04 cm3 for one corridor. Multiplying by two, we have a total volume of 112658992.08 cm3.

However, as it is two corridors intersecting, each corridor have a part which overlaps, which we have counted twice, so we have to remove it.

That part has a length of one "set" of bricks as calculated below, which means 219.9 x 227.9 x 224.8 for the dimensions and therefore 11265899.208 cm3. We remove this from the original volume and we have a truly final volume of 101393092.872 cm3 for one room.

Now, White Face can warp at least 40 rooms at once. This includes far larger rooms, but I'll go with this one for the average. 101393092.872 cm3 40 times gives us a volume of 4055723714.88 cm3 for all 40 rooms warped. This value alone (assuming 1 j/cc) would be 8-C, so this should be a minimum either way. (Should probably port this to a blog if it's accepted)

Saikou The Lewd King said:
A: The opening of the door. I'll assume that this part is as high as the average American, to give us something to scale from.
Why not use the average height of a human in general?

No idea honestly. I'm too used to calcing those G&W games that all seem to be taking place in America. The characters talks English at least in the game.

This seems fine I guess, you just need to convert it to a blog.

Back