• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Spoiled Princess! I'll Show You The Divide In Our Class!" (Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter, but probably not your first picks) 1 - 7 - 0

XitSign

He/Him
This matchup came to me in a deluded, sleep deprived state where I thought their egos and tempers being matched against one another could be really entertaining. I'm pretty sure there's less than a 1x difference between them in AP and similar LS's (however finding calcs that are the 'correct' ones for scaling, especially Mortal Kombat, can be very hard...), so this should be a very physically even martial artists fight that comes down to powers and skill.

...I'll be so embarrassed if I'm wrong and this is a boring wash.

---

Frost VS Karin, Both are 9-A, Speed is Equalized, Frost is in her Cyborg form, and the fight starts at 5 meters.

Funny Cyborg since Connor's retired: 1

Surprisingly, nicer than a Karen: 7

Ryu Vs Scorpion for the 50th time: 0

Last edited:
I would unfortunately argue this is a boring wash in favor of Frost, mainly due to similar AP and Skill, but with much better arsenal (outside of the badass satellite laser).

HOWEVER, there are a few other SF characters that could work well against her, namely Vega and Menat. I would suggest Kolin too, but we don't have a profile for her atm.

Well, it is what it is...I liked the personality matchup and was amused by it.

Might do another match down the line then. A vote that Frost just has the advantage.

3 for the cold

I wonder if the fact they can both AP stomp each other makes Frost VS Disney's Elsa technically fair?

You know, this is an interesting match, because it's one of those cases where appearances end up being rather deceiving.

First, let's hammer down the stats. Frost downscales from 0.09 for being considerably weaker than Scorpion but not enough to not be a threat, while Karin solidly scales to 0.1; an almost negligible difference, but it's still something.
About LS, Frost as of now scales to 1200/1500 kg, while Karin to baseline Class 5. Once again, small difference but in Frost's favor.
Now, onto the actual analysis.

While Frost does have a better arsenal, she suffers from some major problems. First, as a villain in the Netherrealm continuity, she is legally forbidden for winning against anyone. In all her appearances, whether she was a human or a cyborg, she always got her ass handed over, namely Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Nightwolf. In her not-canon-anymore comics appearance she also gets submitted by an unarmed Cassie in just a few moves the moment she decides to fight seriously.
MKX and 11 also portray her as naive, rash, delusioned, stubborn and overall unworthy, which is why she got cast out of the Lin Kuei in the first place, preventing her from completing her training and making her rely on her cybernetic enhancements.

On the other hand, Karin already has a good streak of victories, draws, compliments etc... in relation to many figthers. Her instruction alone is better than Frost's, as she has a clear record which includes a bonkers amount of accomplishments in the japanese martial system, the creation of her own fighting style that mixes several existing ones and the secret style of her family. She is also used at going toe to toe with characters that are stronger than her, either in LS (like Zangief) or AP (to the level of M. Bison, with whom she just exchanged fists [not allowing scaling], but it regarded by the narrative as quite the feat).

I also must say that Karin consistently fights people with better arsenals than her and is especially used at fighting ninjas, from those that serve under her, to the likes of Ibuki and Zeku, both having much better acrobatics than Frost, strictly speaking in regards to ninja shenanigans.
Lastly, I must point out her higher stamina (while Frost has little to not feats, and has been knocked unconscious by brute force more than one time) and has at least one safe way to counter ranged attacks.

All of this not to say that Frost is a pushover (even though Netherrealm trest her as such), but her writing, characterization and narrative brings her down to such a level I feel confident in saying Karin would beat her despite the more notable advantages.
Frost can surely score a victory and a murder quite many times, just not enough to surpass Karin's own chances to bring home the victory, imho.

Actually, Saman makes a good point. And the Ruler's Staying Hand would just simply be annoying, further feeding into Frost's frustration. And that's extremely good considering how Karin's style is based around testing the opponent's patience.

Change my vote to Karin please.

Bump

Apparently there's a new MK calc in the works, but it's a freezing feat which is always iffy, and MK's scaling chain is a nightmare so I can't tell if Frost would even scale...if this ruins this MU I'm going to be so upset...

Dw, it's from the old timeline.
As only a casual fan, the timeline situation does not help in the slightest when trying to follow the scaling chain. Especially with how awful following feats on out pages can be.

Reboots are supposed to make things easier...

I bump my other matches every day for weeks, can't get a single vote. I take a personal break and this match manages to get votes while I'm gone...I only hurt a little

Counted, 1 till grace then

Back