• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man vs Ruby Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
If she is allowed the same dust Goodwitch uses I don't think that will really help her, as unlike Goodwitch she can't use it by herself.
Glynda doesn't use dust, she uses telekinesis.

Oh. Well I from what the other guy said I assumed Goodwitch was who he was talking about. In that case then nevermind. My bad.

@Hyper, do not attempt to know motives. Des can be organizing them, or simply because they are off topic not talking about them here. Or busy.

Currently I'm still sliiightly leaning towards Ruby. (Spidey Sense is great and all, but remember you still have to be able to actually use it effectively, I.e. be able to move out of the way of the attack, which would be difficult, to say the least, against a Mach 39 combatant.)

However! if Spidey's upgrades are regarded as legitimate, I'll quite quickly change my verdict, for reasons... well, yeah, those potential upgrades though.

I think that spiderman would win 8 out of 10 times. He has much more experience fighting people with powers and those who have superspeed like quicksilver and speed demon. I think it would be better if we had an older Ruby who has more experience and not her as a 15 year old girl, that or at least wait until season 3 is over

Ruby has superior Speed and AP not to mention she could freeze him in place with dust rounds. I don't think Precog is really helpful when your opponent s significantly faster than you, for example Boa sisters against Luffy. Ruby wins Mid Diff.

SuperKamiNappa said:
Ruby has superior Speed and AP not to mention she could freeze him in place with dust rounds. I don't think Precog is really helpful when your opponent s significantly faster than you, for example Boa sisters against Luffy. Ruby wins Mid Diff.
That is true but how long has spiderman been fight superpowered criminals? That and has experience with people with superior speed

I'm going to change my vote to Ruby, as her speed in the profile is BEFORE she used her semblance. Her semblance should make her much more faster. Plus she has dust which is pretty useful. So Ruby wins

Thebluedash said:
I'm going to change my vote to Ruby, as her speed in the profile is BEFORE she used her semblance. Her semblance should make her much more faster. Plus she has dust which is pretty useful. So Ruby wins
Agree to this.

Well, I think that Spiderman would win this with mid high difficulty.

Spiderman has better reaction due to precog / spider sense.

He has stronger.

He could also use hi webs to inmobilize her.

And he has much more experience than Ruby.

But, Ruby has speed edge

And she has a bladed weapon that shoot bullets.

When, somebody hit Spiderman, he is ussuallly fine, but when somebody attacks him with a sword, a knife, claws or something sharp or piercing, he does get cut or pierced.

Anyway, I wonder how would Spiderman do in a food fight.

RWBY - Season 2 Episode 1 - BEST FOOD FIGHT EVERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rip, Monty Oum
RWBY - Season 2 Episode 1 - BEST FOOD FIGHT EVERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rip, Monty Oum

TruthMe said:

He has stronger.
Ruby has better DC and hr reactions are high enough that they likely surpass those of the spider sense

Blahblah9755 said:
TruthMe said:

He has stronger.
Ruby has better DC and hr reactions are high enough that they likely surpass those of the spider sense
I was jocking, Ruby should win.

Spiderman's spidersense pretty helps him cordinate his movements in a way that would allow him to dodge any comming attack by placing himself in a position and posture in a given place at a given time so that most attacks won't hit him, he is a very efficient dodger.

Spidersense doesn't requires him to know what is comming at him, he will move accordingly.

Examples:

Here, he talks about his spider sense:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2238392-feat3ssspeed1wr8.jpg

Same as before, with bullets:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111145279/3693666-spier-man+dodges+bullets

Here, he dodges a bullet, obviously, from that position, he couldn't see the bullet, or the boy with the gun, but he dodged the bullet, due to spidersense:

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1340976/

Here, he fights in the darkness, were he can't see, but he can keep up with spidersense

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1286922/

Her reactions would hardly surpass those of Spiderman, on the other hand, her speed could overwhelm him with fast consecutive movements, by outpacing him with her slicing attacks, faster than he can change his position or rearrange posture, since been able to see something coming isn't the same as been able to avoid it or stop it.

Again, Spidey wouldn't have any problem dealing with Ruby, He's stronger, way smarter, more experienced, and has precog to match her speed. Speed is literally the only thing Ruby has going for her, and yet Pete has defeated people wayyyyy faster than her, Quicksilver for instance.

So how does Ruby win again? Also, Web Shooters>Dust

Geomancertactics said:
Again, Spidey wouldn't have any problem dealing with Ruby, He's stronger, way smarter, more experienced, and has precog to match her speed. Speed is literally the only thing Ruby has going for her, and yet Pete has defeated people wayyyyy faster than her, Quicksilver for instance.

So how does Ruby win again? Also, Web Shooters>Dust
That and we keep on forgetting that spiderman has been fighting superpowered users for years. So yeah a lot of experience

Well, the Silver Eyes are a one-time ability and appear to leave her comatose for days at the very least.

Alright, but what about her recent speed boost? From what people have written Spidey mostly wins via better speed, but that was when she had HS+ reactions.

Not much is known about it at the moment, but (Spoiler Alert!) in the Volume 3 Finale she was essentially able to either incapacitate or one-shot a City-Block level dragon in a flash of light.

Wait she stopped the Grimm that was so large that it's nose was the size of a full grown beowolf.....well dang what does that scale her as?

Cause it looks about the size of a boss summon or a tailed beast

President35JFK said:
Wait she stopped the Grimm that was so large that it's nose was the size of a full grown beowolf.....well dang what does that scale her as?
Cause it looks about the size of a boss summon or a tailed beast

At least City Block level, but that thing was waaaay bigger than a Beowolf, like it dwarfs a Giant Nevermore.

That and she got bumped up to MHS in reaction speed.

Yeah i know.
Grimm Dragon Size
A Beowolf is only about a foot or two taller than the average person. Cinder is standing right next to the dragon. Considering the bottom half is below the window panel, that thing's nose is a lot bigger than a Beowulf.

My thoughts on the matter?

I think we should wait until at least Volume 4 to start discussing the use of Silver Eyes in a battle. Basically, until Ruby can use the ability on command, I say we disregard Silver Eyes and just use base Ruby.

So, should we discuss whether Ruby's speed upgrade will allow her to beat Spider Man now, or wait for Volume 4 to come out and just discuss everything Ruby vs Spider Man then?

If Ruby triggers her eyes, then Spider-Man is screwed, he won't be able to dodge that considering that Cinder didn't manage to get out of the way.

If she doesn't, then Spider-Man can win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back