• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

speed equalized who wins

"Extended melee range. Universal with ki blasts and attacks. Ness has better range, also don't see an "At least" rating for any of them. Don't think they can effortlessly destroy the universe, just having a slapped in Low 2-C tier doesn't fully justify that. And I also heavily disagree by the fact they can just attack through time and destroy another universe each time, since, again, there's nothing that shows that they are able to destroy a universe after another (Though, Broly does have Space-Time Manipulaton just by fighting, but Ness resist that stuff because Giygas)

Fly away? That PK Flash description falls under Light Manipulation, you would need a psychic shield or a pendant that "absorbs" light in order to avoid it. (It's like the Solar Flare in a way). And if Broly is caught by it, he's screwed. But again, Hypnosis would also do the trick.

SBA mean they are four kilometers away, having the better range doesn't matter here. If you disagree with them being able to destroy universes easily then you should make a CRT. Beerus didn't care that Zamasu was turning into a universe but was shocked when he sensed Jiren's power.

You don't need a shield or light manipulation absorption. It's literally just a projectile shaped like rays of light. Speed equal makes it dodgeable.

Okay so the hypnosis probably makes this a stomp as Ness can spam it without Broly being able to do anything in response.

Alright, you got me there the first time, but have they shown feats of being capable of destroying a universe after a universe?. My apologize for that right there.

Enemies in Earthbound can still be hit with Flash despite having the same speed as Ness, unless something went wrong here. But other than that, fair point.

I feel like it's an Inconclusive fight to more on Ness's favor considering that yes, he can spam Hypnosis, but Broly can just wake up soon enough. But, no response to that is indeed an issue. Most of Broly attacks are eithered reflected back to him, or just ineffective against Ness since he can just always heal himself back up to 100%. And whenever Broccoli is in a sleep status, Ness could probably chip in some damage? And then repeat the process over and over again until Broly is finally knocked out or even killed. Maybe a surprise PK Flash Attack? It's just a lot of variety that Ness has is what make this match an issue. And with the revision coming through, it just makes things even more difficult.

Well, logically someone twice as strong as a baseline universe buster would be able to bust two universes. Destroying two universes that are next to each other might not be possible, but that would be due to the character's Destructive Capacity and not their Attack Potency.

That could be game mechanics. It's not like it would be fair if your opponent dodged all your attacks every turn.

Well, think of it this way. Ness uses Hypnosis, Broly falls asleep. Ness uses PK Flash, it might trigger and Broly instantly dies. If it doesn't then Broly wakes up. Then Ness repeats over and over again. Since Hypnosis is thought based and undodgeable, Ness could literally do this this entire time until Broly dies and Broly wouldn't be able to do anything.

Dang nabit, I actually liked this match up. I agree with you and what you said.

Darn. But wouldn't his battle sorta contradict Ness losing against Goku? Because I sorta expected a "Ness lost against Goku, therefore he loses against Broly". This would also make Ness vs Toppo a stomp too.

Oof

Does Ness really spam hypnosis?

Because I feel like if he did, Goku would have never been given the win.

Yes, and I was thinking the same thing. Since the argument there was AP beating out everything that Ness has. At best, it could have ended as an inconclusive fight there like with Monica Pinkston and Shulk, but Goku toke the victory.

I don't see why he can't just spam hypnosis (especially since he has precognition to his use) if paralysis is out of the question. Ness is more of defensive kind of person with having more Assist PSI (Used for creating shields, boosting or weakening the stats of an ally or foe (This doesn't include "HP" or "PP"), or inflicting a status ailment.) Offensive attacks include PSI Rockin, but I'm not sure if it will do a lot of damage to Broly, but could keep him away. Flash is something Ness can use by suprise.

Back