• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalized Matches Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
If a character has a technique that increases his speed would it actually increase his speed in these types of matches or not?

No it wouldn't. Equalizing Speed is pointless if we allow characters to possess abilities that would make speed unequal again. Power ups and techniques like that typically and should get negated in a Speed Equalized match.

I disagree with that but it isn't my place to question a choice you all probably spent a lot of time thinking and discussing about.

Okay what if a character can increase his speed through time manipulation would that work?

Say for instance Kiritsugu Emiya

You didn't come off as rude, however I don't see how I'm incorrect.

What point does equalizing speed make when you're immediately going to unequalize it afterward? You're basically back at square one and might as well have never equalized speed in the first place.

And characters using time based powers to seemingly enhance their speed (like Hit's time stop) are usually allowed. But not things like Meteoric Burst, Super Saiyan, etc. that straight up boosts a user's speed.

I wasn't saying you were incorrect in fact I understand your logic it's just in my opinion there should always be some exeptions to every rule.

I don't want to start a different debate though. But just know that if I really had a huge problem with these types of matches I would have made another thread.

It's just something that came to me recently when I saw some match ups.

However thank you for answering my original question, you can close this if you want.

Not a problem at all and sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back