• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Downgrade to Camp Camp?

In the character profiles, it has the characters put at Subsonic. The reasoning for this tier comes from this calc Here.

The gist is that Max was able to cut the rope of a hanged spinning object that was spinning around at Subsonic speeds. This shouldn't mean Max has Subsonic reaction speeds though. In the video the OP linked, it has Max simply cut the rope with his switchblade, and that's it. That doesn't require a fast reaction speed to perform.

If you were a normal person in real life, you could perform the same feat of cutting the rope with a blade, as it doesn't matter which point in time you put your blade out, the speed of the spinning object tied to the rope will eventually reach your blade in time and go flying. It's almost like saying me myself am at Subsonic because I can stick an metal spoon to a spinning fan to make it stop.

The only thing that could come out of this calc is the lifting strength or something of the character who spun the object in the first place.

I'm pretty sure my point still stands, he could've just slashed in the general area the rope was
Nah from the video he doesn't like hold it out there or anything he directly and quickly cuts the rope while its spinning at high speeds so unless we say just got lucky with the cut then he should be fine since he didn't like aim it or time the cut with anything

Nah from the video he doesn't like hold it out there or anything he directly and quickly cuts the rope while its spinning at high speeds so unless we say just got lucky with the cut then he should be fine since he didn't like aim it or time the cut with anything
But he slashed with the knife towards the opposite direction that the rope was spinning at, which pretty much means he was gonna slash it and have it go flying anyways. That, or he misses the rope altogether. But that would be really low of a likelihood of even happening considering the rope is spinning faster than the human arm can move

Back