• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spectacular Spider-Man possible speed downgrade

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Currently all the profiles are scaling from Electro. The reasoning being given is this
as this speed due to his lightning attacks/abilities, which he has stated to in fact be lightning
So after going through the dialouge of every single episode of the series this is the singular time where I think this is even brought up
Season 2 Episode 4: Eat lightning, Spider-Man.
As you can guess, that is not really solid evidence for speed or power. His powers aren't even called lightning, but bio-electricity as well:
Season 1 Episode 2: Max's body is currently generating a constant stream of bioelectricity.
Mostly because, you know it comes from electric eels. Is there any evidence that its lightning speed?

Haven't watched the series in a while so i don't remember if there is any supporting evidence

Makes sense (damn, SSM from being one of the strongest Spider-Men to being weaker than the NWH trio)

If that's really the only evidence, then that does not seem sufficient to assume lightning speed.

Yeah, this definitely isn’t enough for lightning speed. I’m in favor of a downgrade.

Is there any scene where he can summon cloud-to-ground lightning or storm-ride? Or any other evidence that his bolts wield similar energy as IRL lightning bolts? If not, they cannot be considered true lightning or MHS+.

Is there any scene where he can summon cloud-to-ground lightning or storm-ride?
There's only one episode where Electro fights during a storm, which was his intro episode (18:20 and on). Besides that this Electro cannot turn into electricity or surf on energy. He's just a dude that outputs a lot of bio-energy.

There's only one episode where Electro fights during a storm, which was his intro episode (18:20 and on). Besides that this Electro cannot turn into electricity or surf on energy. He's just a dude that outputs a lot of bio-energy.
Welp. That sucks.

I guess you could downgrade Electro to the speed of electricity, particularly the high-end one, given that the Mach 1.634 value isn't particularly a high-power strand and electricity can get considerably faster and more powerful the larger the amount of current you dump through it, and Electro's bolts seem to cause some decent damage to stone statues, but nothing to concrete footpaths like most other Electros and most IRL lightning bolts that do it. And a tiny explosion on that W (That didn't damage it much) and that outlier swimming pool vaporizing feat.

If people's fine with that I can change everyone to supersonic based on that then.

If people's fine with that I can change everyone to supersonic based on that then.
The high end is Hypersonic+. Supersonic is kinda a low-ball and not lethal enough. Electro's bolts are big enough and bad enough to justify it being Mach 11 or something.

Maybe an "at least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic+"? The homemade coil gun itself kinda does injustice to electricity's true speed outside of wires.

Supersonic is kinda a low-ball and not lethal enough
I mean, the issue being is that they don't have any supporting evidence for Hypersonic. At least supersonic makes more sense than hypersonic.

I mean, the issue being is that they don't have any supporting evidence for Hypersonic. At least supersonic makes more sense than hypersonic.
Except, Supersonic speed is kinda non-lethal and a low-ball, and so is the Hypersonic+ value due to both of the values coming from a home-made coil gun, Electro definitely pumps out larger-sized bolts which unarguably pack more voltage and more current.

Hence, "At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic+".

Electro definitely pumps out larger-sized bolts which unarguably pack more voltage and more current.
I get that, but Electro being hypersonic is just not supported by anything else. Bullet clearly move faster than all the characters and there's examples of Spider-Man struggling to properly outrun cracking ice over a bay.

They just outright do not have the evidence for anything other than supersonic. Which is why that's the only rating they should really get.

I get that, but Electro being hypersonic is just not supported by anything else. Bullet clearly move faster than all the characters and there's examples of Spider-Man struggling to properly outrun cracking ice over a bay.

They just outright do not have the evidence for anything other than supersonic. Which is why that's the only rating they should really get.
I guess that's fair then. Guess we could start looking at calc'ing the electricity dodges that Spider-Man does for a first.

Maybe look into other speed feats as well in the meantime.

I guess I'll just add the "Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic+" thing then

I guess I'll just add the "Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic+" thing then
In b4 the electricity dodging calcs give us even higher ratings LOL

But seriously, if they give higher ratings, they should scale only to combat speed and reactions, I haven't seen this particular Spidey actually physically outrun this Electro's bolts or even briefly keep up with them in short-bursts like his comicbook/game/movie counterparts.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is pretty fair

This verse could use some speed calcs in light of this, Spidey has some really good feats of dodging electricity from Electro. Supersonic is definitely lower than what he's displayed

Somewhat unrelated but i made a calc for Spidey dodging shockwaves a few weeks ago, it's already accepted so i'm just posting here so it could be included on the profiles

It'd be best to get some speed calcs looked at from here. We should probably move that discussion to the Spider-Man General chat for the time being

Back