• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grudgeman1706

VS Battles
Retired
After looking at the evidence and discussing with other people. I want the opinions of poeple on this proposition. I believe with the evidence I have that hokuto ryuuken users have spatial mainipustion. Now let me explain ps. Here's the link to no to the spatial manipulation page to look at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Spatial_Manipulation

Reason 1: according to the sites definition of spatial manipuation it states " Spatial Manipulation is the ability to warp, bend, flip, crush, and control space. The ability only refers to one's ability to manipulate an area" and from what I have compiled I think this matches this sites defintion

Reason 2: I. The original manga shachi gives a brief description of what a move called anryu tenha does here's what he has to say (link below). He states this attack create a weightless space around a user.

Reason 3: in the hokuto musou encyclopedia here's a definito to the power of matoki users or hokuto ryuuken users.

Reason 4 this ones important, in the link below hyoh, explains to Kenshiro that using his ki he can bend the space around moving his fist away from the pressure point he was about to strike to kill him. The point is he destination to Kens punches some where else albeit not very far.

Reason 5: this is sorta just a little piece to say it could be spatial manipulation. Ken goes and outright states when Kaioh uses the anryu tenha, " what is this spatial distortion" so the series isn't unfamiliar with the concept. So this does heavily imply on My proposition if you guys accept it, can we add certain degree of spatial manipulation as part of the abilities, of those who can use hokuto ryuuken, like Kaioh, hyoh, Han, shachi and Kenshiro.

What do you guys think leave a comment and tell me your opinion

Shachi defintion
Shachi giving a defintion to the anryu tenha

Gravitydemon117
Finally this is where is says the ant gravity effect on the victim also it does this with the environment

Hyohattacks
Here hyoh states he bends the space around his body to distort Kens strikes

Anryutenha
Here outright states it

this is one of those instances where the terms of "spatial manipulation" and "space distortion" are thrown around rather inflationaire. when looking at such feats we have to find out: what exactly does it and how do the character benefits from it?

in the terms of this move it seems to be a technique which avoids getting ones pressure points hit and seem to posess a limited confusion effect

i doubt this can be considered spatial manipulation in the sense we actually tend to use it, since its associated with effects on a massively greater scale.

the fact that this also seems to originate from his own body and does not "negate" anything bar in-verse pressurepoint usage make me belive this does not qualify enough to be taken into consideration for spatial hax.

also what yama said: vacuum

RavenSupreme said:
this is one of those instances where the terms of "spatial manipulation" and "space distortion" are thrown around rather inflationaire. when looking at such feats we have to find out: what exactly does it and how do the character benefits from it?

in the terms of this move it seems to be a technique which avoids getting ones pressure points hit and seem to posess a limited confusion effect

i doubt this can be considered spatial manipulation in the sense we actually tend to use it, since its associated with effects on a massively greater scale.

the fact that this also seems to originate from his own body and does not "negate" anything bar in-verse pressurepoint usage make me belive this does not qualify enough to be taken into consideration for spatial hax.

also what yama said: vacuum
Hmmmm, you're your argument for is almost sound, however let me answer some of theses questions. Their ability to manipulate the space around them( like I'm proposing) not official just calling it that) is not a technique but their own Demonic ki, tney use it to distort the very space around a certain area to make the opponent lose balance or make themselves vulnerable. Here's a couple examples, when the move was first used on Kenshiro he immediately began to float in the air and was beginning to float and spin and all while he could not locate where he was or see anything, you could argue that it's an illusion affect but then, here's the thing

Kenshiro has dealt with attacks using illusions in the past and they weren't effective on him at all, while this move made him lose sight of where anything was leaving him disorientated. Also if you saw from shachi (a hokuto ryuuken user) he him self says the attack manipulates or creates a weightless space. Now a vaccum would makes sense except their would be gravity which if you clearly see their isn't any gravity, even stating that in the encyclopedia it creates an anti gravity effect, and in a vacuum theirs no air or in this case any matter in the area. But their likely is air, and in a vaccum is defined as a "space entirely devoid of matter." And when hyoh covers his body with his ki, like I he said it makes Kens fist impossible to get an accurate hit on him because it warps the space and moves Kens fist somewhere else.

This would be like low scale spatial manipulation, nothing to crazy I'm proposing, since their technique only has a small area that affects the space.which applies in are spatial manipulation page. Also pressure points aren't everything in HNK, they have other haxes that don't involve their body, also the confusion effect their technique or ki gives off is mix between, the fact Kenshiro couldnt at first locate where he is at or if he's standing anymore cause all he could see was darkness and the void. And the fact it complexity removes anyway can sense ki or use any of his other senses. Theirs also the fact while in this state, it devours his toki so while he is in this state the longer he's in their the more of his toki is taken away. Also when he first encountered he had these seals on him that didn't let him tap into his full potential, even Kaioh remarking this in the OG manga.

An ability to create vacuum like space is actualy can be used to float by pushing air from your immidiate surrounding down. The same method will create some air currents that could protect you as well.

Yamatohime said:
An ability to create vacuum like space is actualy can be used to float by pushing air from your immidiate surrounding down. The same method will create some air currents that could protect you as well.
While your not wrong. Theirs still evidence of them saying multiple times saying it's them bending the space around them. And then theirs the little piece of Ken saying "is this spacial distortion" instead of saying what you said, in the manga Ken has dealt with people who create vacccums in the air (Nanto) so he would have known or have been familiar with this if this was air manipulation or something like that.

Well, it is so small level that can be emulated by simplier means... Compare to Reimu Hakurei SD - she can surround you by moving just forward. Could we realy rely on such small feat which has very limited evidence?

Yamatohime said:
Well, it is so small level that can be emulated by simplier means... Compare to Reimu Hakurei SD - she can surround you by moving just forward. Could we realy rely on such small feat which has very limited evidence?
I wouldn't say limited evidence, and I don't see why they can't use limited spacial manipulation. They're not doing something outrageous, and it's only a small application to about three fighters.And I don't get your reference (who's Reimu) but if your trying to say their spatial abilities are weaker than hers then I understand. Listen the move they use specifically if you may say where they warp space is anryu tenha, in a way they create their own Little room where the opponent can't see and do anything while they can do whatever they feel like, They use their demonic toki to create or warp the space around them to immobilize their opponent while having their toki devoured, and then suprise blitz their opponent, since they can't see or do anything. And what I've presented you here, matches pretty darn well with what the spatial defintion on the site say.

It's not even upgrade per say, it's more like would you call it this ability "low level spatial manipulation".

Like I said there is no solid evidence of spatial manipulation.

About Reimu. She has profile here and I actualy used her as reference to your average SM.

Yamatohime said:
Like I said there is no solid evidence of spatial manipulation.

About Reimu. She has profile here and I actualy used her as reference to your average SM.
Then tell me what is the requirements for spatial manipuation.if you may because, I still think it matches with spatial manipulation. However if I'm missing some requirements please tell me. The move anryu tenha creates a large barrier and within this dome, space is warped around creating an anti gravity effect and proceeds to hold the victim and devour his toki and keep him off balance from and confuse him as all his senses are removed making him virtually blind.lesving him open to attacks. This is the description to the anryu tenha.

Spatial manipulation is like, modifying the distance between two points or changing where someone would end up if they walked in a straight line. The kind of effects you can emulate by for example drawing two guys fighting on a piece of paper and then folding the paper in some places or scrunching it up.

A Sword Dancer said:
Spatial manipulation is like, modifying the distance between two points or changing where someone would end up if they walked in a straight line. The kind of effects you can emulate by for example drawing two guys fighting on a piece of paper and then folding the paper in some places or scrunching it up.
Hmmm, it's sorta like that here, hyoh says he changes the positions of kenshiros fist so he doesn't hit his pressure points, by bending the space around him, however if you guys really think it's not low level spatial manipuation what would you say it be. From the definitions I've given you.

Antvasima said:
I agree with TheMightyRegulator.
Hold on before you make a decision let me show you this, if you look blow hyoh says he bends the space around him with his ki, in order to move Kens fist another position to not get his pressure points striked, as the @sworddancer said about spatial manipulation " modifies the distance between two things" by bending the space around him he was able to move Kens fist in another location and Ken tired to go for the kill on his pressure points and completely missed. However if you don't think this is enough I understand.

Hyohattacks
Here hyoh states he bends the space around him to move Kens strikes

It is not enough. Sorry. In addition, disorientation, or gravity manipulation are not remotely the same thing.

Antvasima said:
It is not enough. Sorry. In addition, disorientation, or gravity manipulation are not remotely the same thing.
Gravity manipulation?, the disorientation is a false defintion of what it does. The guy who originally wrote that on the hokuto renkitoza, did not use the mangas defintion but his own. The disorienting victims feel from it comes from the real life phenomenon of when people are floating in room without gravity( newbie astronauts feel this). The move anryu tenha actual defintion is " by projecting a weightless space, it creates an environment where theirs no gravity and it throw opponents off balance by having them spin while the evil ki devours their energy and toki.

Uhhh but if it really isn't enough then I might just give up, and if you don't mind telling me what kind of manipulation you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back