• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spamton gets sued (Spamton vs. Phoenix Wright (Marvel vs. Capcom)) (GRACE)

Kris doesn't get a chance to talk with Spamton the entire fight and they don't (and can't) communicate what they're trying to do, a luxury Phoenix has. And Spamton is still very much interested in talking the entire fight, even trying to convince Kris to give up their SOUL. Spamton loves deals. No matter what, he will give it all up for a deal that sounds appealing to him. If this guy can offer to get rid of his strings, no way is he not taking that,
That's what I kinda mean, what would Phoenix offer to spamton? even if he offers freedon, if he can't give spamtton that spamton will just go back to atacking
Yes. He would. In the scenario of fighting Spamton for the first time...
what? never said Phoenix wouldn't I said would be really dificult to
A scenario you yourself opened up with. (Plus, he doesn't open up with fighting right afterwards and in a combat scenario, they're already in each other's line of sight so this wouldn't work either way and considering this is IC, Spamton would start by monologuing first)

Spamton shows his visible discomfort with "WHAT ARE THESE STRINGS?? WHY AM I NOT [[BIG]] ENOUGH?!" That can easily be pressed.
If spamton just had become Neo, sure, if not he wouldn't start talking about his strings, and in genocided he mostly monologue beacuse:
1- Kris is stuned by the falling down so he had time for that
2- Kris was going to seal the fountain, what would take away everything he got

That does nothing to damage Phoenix and only gives him more time to start talking to Spamton. The intensity of Spamton's attacks increase the more he progresses. If Phoenix can spam Maya's shield for the easy ones, it buys him a lot more time to exploit his easy wincon of making a deal with Spamton by cutting his strings and making him free.
I mean, if spamton is to far away to be talked with It's kinda dificult to talk to him, and even whem he aproches, spamton isn't dumb, he would notice that Wright was somehow nulifing his atacks by the front with this first "Rollercoaster" atack and would try to atack around It. Kinda why he atacks the way he does against Kris, sinse he Know they are able to counter his atacks with projectiles of their own so Spamton starts doing atacks that would be harder for Kris to shoot
That is Spamton's last attack. It happens like six minutes into the fight. He is not starting off with his arguable finisher.
Yes, So you think Phoenix can reason with spamton in less them 6 minutes? PS: his eating atack does more them 1K damage, twice, once whem eating and once whem spitting out, so It's probable a one shoot here
Also why are you calling Kris "Frisk"?
Simillar names make my head dizzi so I acidentaly write one instead of the other

Also, wouldn't be fair to assume that Spamton would considere a shield that nullifie his atack cheating? this would not only turn the 2 shot into a one shot but also make harder to reasson with him

What makes soul hax specifically 2 shot?
It's not a one shoot, but sinse bassicaly phoenix soul should not have any Dura we mostly accept here that Undertale/Deltarune characters 2 shoot conventional unprotected souls
Personally, yes.
Okay, what would be his reasonings? he can't just lie to spamton sinse if Wright don't give his side of the deal Spamton will just go back to atacking even more pissed

That's what I kinda mean, what would Phoenix offer to spamton? even if he offers freedon, if he can't give spamtton that spamton will just go back to atacking
Phoenix could offer to get rid of his strings if that's what's causing Spamton's discomfort. Spamton has never encountered a scenario in which Kris says they are willing to help, and he is incredibly inclined to making deals anyways. The minute he realizes they're trying to help, as you said, he turns to friendship. You can't say that would be his surefire IC strat because it's not happened in-game and with the information we have available to us, he doesn't have any reason to not take Phoenix up on that offer.
what? never said Phoenix wouldn't I said would be really dificult to

If spamton just had become Neo, sure, if not he wouldn't start talking about his strings, and in genocided he mostly monologue beacuse:
1- Kris is stuned by the falling down so he had time for that
2- Kris was going to seal the fountain, what would take away everything he got
Spamton monologues. A lot. He loves talking. So much. Name an occasion where Spamton doesn't want to talk? He'd probably start talking about why he wants to kill him (likely to gain freedom, hence talking about his strings) and he wouldn't immediately just go in for the kill.
I mean, if spamton is to far away to be talked with It's kinda dificult to talk to him, and even whem he aproches, spamton isn't dumb, he would notice that Wright was somehow nulifing his atacks by the front with this first "Rollercoaster" atack and would try to atack around It. Kinda why he atacks the way he does against Kris, sinse he Know they are able to counter his atacks with projectiles of their own so Spamton starts doing atacks that would be harder for Kris to shoot
No, it isn't. Kris makes a deal with Spamton in his first encounter and they're perfectly able to reason with him when they make the right choices. Considering Phoenix has a way higher SI than Kris with the Galactus feat, it wouldn't be hard for him to get Spamton talking. Even when he starts attacking like you said, it's still attacking in a straight line and for the most part, he's still constrained to patterns. This is all assumption-based too. Spamton never explicitly states that he has some sort of strategy against Kris.
Yes, So you think Phoenix can reason with spamton in less them 6 minutes?
Yeah. I reckon he could do it in one. The tragedy of the NEO fight is that Kris can't talk to Spamton. They can't sympathize with him. Or reason with him. Or tell him how they really feel about being a puppet. And because Kris can't answer, Spamton has no reason to stop attacking them. He keeps monologuing a lot of interesting points that Kris can't answer. Now we are presented with a scenario in which Spamton has someone who can respond to him. Someone who is a lawyer and knows how to handle crazy witnesses and can appeal to their better nature, even when they're being difficult. Chances are, he would get Spamton to talk a lot more about himself. Kris used a single prompt on Spamton in the shop and he started talking for like a minute. And Spamton doesn't attack while he talks. You can see that much in the fight. He pauses to give his two cents and if he had more to say, he wouldn't have a reason to keep attacking
PS: his eating atack does more them 1K damage, twice, once whem eating and once whem spitting out, so It's probable a one shoot here
Again, it's his finisher.
Also, wouldn't be fair to assume that Spamton would considere a shield that nullifie his atack cheating? this would not only turn the 2 shot into a one shot but also make harder to reasson with him
No, because Kris does the same thing by shooting his projectiles. Also it's already just a better version of FluffyGuard.

Phoenix could offer to get rid of his strings if that's what's causing Spamton's discomfort. Spamton has never encountered a scenario in which Kris is actually willing to help, and he is incredibly inclined to making deals anyways. You can't say that would be his surefire IC strat because it's not happened in-game and with the information we have available to us, he doesn't have any reason to not take Phoenix up on that offer.
Again, unless spamton here just got his NEO form he would probable not talk much about his strings as seen in his genocide fight, so why would Wright even know that they a disconfort to Spam?
No, it isn't. Kris makes a deal with Spamton in his first encounter and they're perfectly able to reason with him when they make the right choices.
Spamton is not only using Kris in this situation, in his NEO form he is a lot more altered mentaly (even more them usual)
They can't sympathize with him. Or reason with him. Or tell him how they really feel about being a puppet. And because Kris can't answer, Spamton has no reason to stop attacking them. He keeps monologuing a lot of interesting points that Kris can't answer. Now we are presented with a scenario in which Spamton has someone who can respond to him. Someone who is a lawyer and knows how to handle crazy witnesses and can appeal to their better nature, even when they're being difficult. Chances are, he would get Spamton to talk a lot more about himself. Kris used a single prompt on Spamton in the shop and he started talking for like a minute. And Spamton doesn't attack while he talks. You can see that much in the fight. He pauses to give his two cents and if he had more to say, he wouldn't have a reason to keep attacking
okay, I kinda agree with this, but again, if Spam don't get what he wants he would eventually go back to tacking
Again, it's his finisher
I was just specifing how powerfull eating is, I just had agreeded with you before that
No, because Kris does the same thing by shooting his projectiles.
It's diferent having to aim to break the projectiles them having a shield capable of nuliffing any atack spamton uses

It's not a one shoot, but sinse bassicaly phoenix soul should not have any Dura we mostly accept here that Undertale/Deltarune characters 2 shoot conventional unprotected souls
That's great, the problem however, is that his opponent has good enough si to convince someone that could one shot him to appear in court. That someone being Galactus.
Okay, what would be his reasonings? he can't just lie to spamton sinse if Wright don't give his side of the deal Spamton will just go back to atacking even more pissed
Freedom. As Maid said earlier, Spamton is pretty open about what he wants. Kris was able to figure it out at the start of their fight, so i imagine Phoenix would too.

That's great, the problem however, is that his opponent has good enough si to convince someone that could one shot him to appear in court. That someone being Galactus.
I was awnsering you why It's especifically a 2 shoot.... not arguing here abou nothing... and this is more based in mental state them anything

Freedom. As Maid said earlier, Spamton is pretty open about what he wants. Kris was able to figure it out at the start of their fight, so i imagine Phoenix would too.
Okay, and how would Wright even give this to him? If you saying cut his strings. Kris had a clue of that in pacifist thanks to mologuing about that

in genocided Spam don't even mentions his desire to remove the strings

so again, unless Spam just became NEO in this fight he wouldn't talk about his strings much

Again, unless spamton here just got his NEO form he would probable not talk much about his strings as seen in his genocide fight, so why would Wright even know that they a disconfort to Spam?
In what scenario would Spamton not have just gotten the NEO form? He doesn't even have it for more than a day. Canon-wise, this is the only way Spamton NEO can appear in combat. He doesn't talk about it in the Snowgrave route because Kris has royally pissed him off and he's more inclined to kill than anything.
Spamton is not only using Kris in this situation, in his NEO form he is a lot more altered mentaly (even more them usual)
And yet the second he realizes that Kris is helping him, they become friends.
okay, I kinda agree with this, but again, if Spam don't get what he wants he would eventually go back to tacking
Spamton doesn't know if it'll work until all the strings are cut and whether it works or not, he's still going to be incapacitated.
It's diferent having to aim to break the projectiles them having a shield capable of nuliffing any atack spamton uses
Phoenix still has to aim Maya, just as he would in UMVC3, therefore, it's not cheating since Spamton still has a means of attacking.

Okay, and how would Wright even give this to him? If you saying cut his strings. Kris had a clue of that in pacifist thanks to mologuing about that

in genocided Spam don't even mentions his desire to remove the strings

so again, unless Spam just became NEO in this fight he wouldn't talk about his strings much
If you're referring to snowgrave then he was already pissed at Kris at the time. Spamton made the string thing clear during the normal path.

Worth noting is that one of Wrights possible pieces of evidence is a knife. Great for cutting off unwanted strings. If he brings that out Spamton would likely bring the subject up himself.

In what scenario would Spamton not have just gotten the NEO form? He doesn't even have it for more than a day. Canon-wise, this is the only way Spamton NEO can appear in combat. He doesn't talk about it in the Snowgrave route because Kris has royally pissed him off and he's more inclined to kill than anything.
If you're referring to snowgrave then he was already pissed at Kris at the time. Spamton made the string thing clear during the normal path.
Having It enough time like the snowgrave seans to make him more used to It, in snow grave he is pissed beacuse Kris is sealing the fountain after he got everything, taking queen castle for him self, the fountain and NEO, in pacifist he got NEO not even a minute ago, he is surprised, pissed and with his expecations destroyed, thosue are 2 really diferent situations and time periods of him beingh NEO, if he was still as uncunfortable with the strings as in his Pacifist fight he would mention at least once something like "AND WHEM YOU ARE [[HAVING THE SLEEP OF A LIFE TIME]] I WILL TAKE YOU [[HEARTY SHAPED OBJECT]] AND GET OUT OF THOUSE [[SILLY STRINGS]]" or something
And yet the second he realizes that Kris is helping him, they become friends.
He literraly takes his last string beingh cutted to notice, he is too much into his own mentality of taking Kris soul to realize earlier, lost inside his own desires
Spamton doesn't know if it'll work until all the strings are cut and whether it works or not, he's still going to be incapacitated.
I agree, If Wright sugest cutting the strings aas a way for freedon I agree Spam would accept, the problem really is he thinking that a puppet beingh holded by the strings would consider that freedon and not just instant death, specially if Spam don't talk about the strings
Phoenix still has to aim Maya, just as he would in UMVC3, therefore, it's not cheating since Spamton still has a means of attacking.
I wasn't aware of that, so wouldn't he be a lot more affected by spamton atacks sinse he has a chance to let atack Hit him?
Worth noting is that one of Wrights possible pieces of evidence is a knife. Great for cutting off unwanted strings. If he brings that out Spamton would likely bring the subject up himself.
You mean like...

Wright: Hey, a knife!! is this yours?

Spamton: NO!! WHY WOULD I HAVE A [[tramontina]]? I CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH THIS [[SILLY STRINGS]] WITH THAT!!"

Seens kinda forced

Having It enough time like the snowgrave seans to make him more used to It, in snow grave he is pissed beacuse Kris is sealing the fountain after he got everything, taking queen castle for him self, the fountain and NEO, in pacifist he got NEO not even a minute ago, he is surprised, pissed and with his expecations destroyed, thosue are 2 really diferent situations and time periods of him beingh NEO, if he was still as uncunfortable with the strings as in his Pacifist fight he would mention at least once something like "AND WHEM YOU ARE [[HAVING THE SLEEP OF A LIFE TIME]] I WILL TAKE YOU [[HEARTY SHAPED OBJECT]] AND GET OUT OF THOUSE [[SILLY STRINGS]]" or something
They're both about the same amount of time. The difference is that all of Spamton's dialogue in Snowgrave is just insulting Kris. He doesn't have any reason to talk about anything else because of how frustrated he is. He doesn't have that same beef with Phoenix.
He literraly takes his last string beingh cutted to notice, he is too much into his own mentality of taking Kris soul to realize earlier, lost inside his own desires
Again, because he was never directly talked to. If he was informed about what Kris was doing through speech, he probably would have realized sooner. For all he knew, they were just trying to attack him directly because he couldn't see them aiming for the strings above him.
I agree, If Wright sugest cutting the strings aas a way for freedon I agree Spam would accept, the problem really is he thinking that a puppet beingh holded by the strings would consider that freedon and not just instant death, specially if Spam don't talk about the strings
What?
I wasn't aware of that, so wouldn't he be a lot more affected by spamton atacks sinse he has a chance to let atack Hit him?
Spamton's attacks would have the same progression they have in a normal battle, it'd just be easier for Phoenix to null them given their patterns and by the time they've come to a reasoning, the crazier undodgable phases wouldn't come up.

You mean like...

Wright: Hey, a knife!! is this yours?

Spamton: NO!! WHY WOULD I HAVE A [[tramontina]]? I CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH THIS [[SILLY STRINGS]] WITH THAT!!"

Seens kinda forced
More like

Spamton: For just a small fee of [[All your Kromer]] I can offer a [[Neverending]] supply of-

Wright: Kromer? I just have a watch, some papers and a knife.

Spamton: A [[Slicing object]] you say?

Okay, back
They're both about the same amount of time. The difference is that all of Spamton's dialogue in Snowgrave is just insulting Kris. He doesn't have any reason to talk about anything else because of how frustrated he is. He doesn't have that same beef with Phoenix.
Not really, Spam inn Pacfist route had just entered the Neo, in snowgrave he had the NEO quite some time alread for 2 reassons, 1 He is no where near the basement in the fight inside the fountain + He would be to ocupied by processing he is still "stringed" to think notice Kris going to seal the fountain, sinse in his desire to get free of the strings by taking Kris soul he didn't even noticed the fun gang cutting the strings
Again, because he was never directly talked to. If he was informed about what Kris was doing through speech, he probably would have realized sooner. For all he knew, they were just trying to attack him directly because he couldn't see them aiming for the strings above him.
I think he would notice his body become less and less "Holded" around 3 strings left
Imagine you don't know anything about Spamton, would you think that cutting the strings is something that he would consider good?
Spamton's attacks would have the same progression they have in a normal battle, it'd just be easier for Phoenix to null them given their patterns and by the time they've come to a reasoning, the crazier undodgable phases wouldn't come up.
Fair I guess
Spamton: A [[Slicing object]] you say?
So you think spamton also trough that cutting his strings would give him freedon? he literaly took kris cutting all of his strings first for him to think of that, and Kris has a sword on hands. It's really possible that Spam just don't realize that cutting the strings is possible untill he is almost free of them

WAIT A SECOND!! maya shield is a special that not only can't be just spamed, maya needs to come in to use, If Spam traps wright in a rollercoaster as he probable would do in the start of the fight, Wright wouldn't be able to summon maya for help

Not really, Spam inn Pacfist route had just entered the Neo, in snowgrave he had the NEO quite some time alread for 2 reassons, 1 He is no where near the basement in the fight inside the fountain + He would be to ocupied by processing he is still "stringed" to think notice Kris going to seal the fountain, sinse in his desire to get free of the strings by taking Kris soul he didn't even noticed the fun gang cutting the strings
I... don't really understand any of what this means.
I think he would notice his body become less and less "Holded" around 3 strings left
He didn't, because he was too busy fighting.
Imagine you don't know anything about Spamton, would you think that cutting the strings is something that he would consider good?
Yeah, because Spamton wants the strings gone and if negotiations are going to come through, he's more than likely going to talk about them. Spamton thinks that gaining Kris's SOUL is the only way to break the strings and gain freedom but if Phoenix can offer to break them himself, he has an easy route to winning.
WAIT A SECOND!! maya shield is a special that not only can't be just spamed, maya needs to come in to use, If Spam traps wright in a rollercoaster as he probable would do in the start of the fight, Wright wouldn't be able to summon maya for help
He would. Maya comes in out of nowhere and she'd probably just appear on top of his head to shield him.

And looking gameplay she always comes by walking from offscrenn, she wouldn't be able to walk into Wright if he was traped in a rollercoaster

She literraly walks in and out of screen to protect Wright, even covering her face and cowering whem running away, not to mention he is vulnerable while she is comming and while she is going out

And looking gameplay she always comes by walking from offscrenn, she wouldn't be able to walk into Wright if he was traped in a rollercoaster
Actually, Spamton doesn't even use the rollercoaster in the one-on-one fight. The only reason he initiates it is because of Susie and Ralsei.

I recall we consider victory screens canonical. And I think cooldowns on abilities are game mechanics.

So, did anyone brought up Social Influencing prior?

I recall we consider victory screens canonical. And I think cooldowns on abilities are game mechanics.

Yeah, I did. It works especially in Phoenix's favor since Spamton doesn't attack while he's talking, and if Phoenix can keep talking and use SI, then he's basically got this in the bag.

Yeah, I did. It works especially in Phoenix's favor since Spamton doesn't attack while he's talking, and if Phoenix can keep talking and use SI, then he's basically got this in the bag.
Like every other fight he had here, yes.

Phoenix and Maya consistently have toon force, I wouldn't put it above them.
Fair
Actually, Spamton doesn't even use the rollercoaster in the one-on-one fight. The only reason he initiates it is because of Susie and Ralsei.
In snow grave they where fighting next to the fountain, It's easy to assume he didn't wanted to use reallity warping to change the arena to not mess with the fountain
In pacifist He had Kris in the ground after his "Body slam" so no reason to do the rollercoaster thing prior
Just a little before this battle got "ungraced"
I think cooldowns on abilities are game mechanics.
Okay, fair, but I never talked about cooldown? I talked about the Smeter that is used to summon maya and the fact she her self can't keep the shield forever on

In snow grave they where fighting next to the fountain, It's easy to assume he didn't wanted to use reallity warping to change the arena to not mess with the fountain
In pacifist He had Kris in the ground after his "Body slam" so no reason to do the rollercoaster thing prior
Isn't that just assumption? The game never directly states this.

Okay, fair, but I never talked about cooldown? I talked about the Smeter that is used to summon maya and the fact she her self can't keep the shield forever on
That's only for her Hyper Combo.

Isn't that just assumption? The game never directly states this.
I mean, the game also never said he only summoned the roller coaster beacuse of Susie and Raisel, It more them anything analize of the cucenes before the only fights against Neo
That's only for her Hyper Combo.
You mean "Steel Samurai Maya Smelting!"? after reanilizing this video I notice you right, normal specials do not use Smeter, don't change the fact that maya can only use the shield for so long before falling down and take some time to go set It up

And if she get's angry with spam and decide to use the S.S.M.S she would leave Wright completly open, especially considering that looks like Maya her self is the one that decides to use this move instead of Wright

I mean, the game also never said he only summoned the roller coaster beacuse of Susie and Raisel, It more them anything analize of the cucenes before the only fights against Neo
Kind of does. He uses the rollercoaster directly after his realization that Kris has friends and calls the attack his "3 for 1 special".
You mean "Steel Samurai Maya Smelting!"? after reanilizing this video I notice you right, normal specials do not use Smeter, don't change the fact that maya can only use the shield for so long before falling down and take some time to go set It up
Do you... mean the same special that takes like 1 second for her to activate?

Kind of does. He uses the rollercoaster directly after his realization that Kris has friends and calls the attack his "3 for 1 special".
So... noticing taht Wright has help in form of maya wouldn't make him do the same?
Do you... mean the same special that takes like 1 second for her to activate?
Talking about her walking in mostly, and don't ignore the "maya can only use the shield for so long before falling down"part

So... noticing taht Wright has help in form of maya wouldn't make him do the same?
Maya doesn't come in until she's given a reason to. Only then would he activate the rollercoaster, and by that point, Phoenix wouldn't even need to.
Talking about her walking in mostly, and don't ignore the "maya can only use the shield for so long before falling down"part
That still takes less than a second. And Spamton's attacks only hold for a limited time as well. Maya can secure a path for Phoenix within that time. After which, Spamton starts talking. And once he starts talking, Phoenix won't let the conversation end. The battle would quickly deescalate once they've reached a deal. You severely underestimate the defining trait of Spamton's character in that he is desperate. He is desperate for anything to help him free him from his strings and constantly begs the audience and anyone for help, but gets more crazier the more nobody answers. Phoenix can easily just end the fight frame one just by actually talking to him, not even giving him a reason to attack.

I think I saw above about Maya not being able to use Forcefield for more than few seconds. That's probably game mechanic.

Changing my mind to vote for Phoenix mainly due to me forgetting to consider Social Influencing as a viable option and poor memory rather than ignorance since I actually played UMVC3. Ah well.
Forgot to vote. Phoenix Wright reasons with him for my reasons and Maids.
gonna regain my vote,I think phoenix have potential to win over spamton by his SI and maya shield
Counted and I'll also remove my vote for now.

I think I saw above about Maya not being able to use Forcefield for more than few seconds. That's probably game mechanic.
she kinda falls in the ground butt first, don't seen much game mechanics
That still takes less than a second. And Spamton's attacks only hold for a limited time as well. Maya can secure a path for Phoenix within that time. After which, Spamton starts talking. And once he starts talking, Phoenix won't let the conversation end. The battle would quickly deescalate once they've reached a deal. You severely underestimate the defining trait of Spamton's character in that he is desperate. He is desperate for anything to help him free him from his strings and constantly begs the audience and anyone for help, but gets more crazier the more nobody answers. Phoenix can easily just end the fight frame one just by actually talking to him, not even giving him a reason to attack.
Meh, okay, you convinced me. The Lawer FRA

Back