• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Eater Revisions

@COB Lucky is banned, Alakabamm is inactive and idk the third one. Don't think they'll be able to answer.

At this point, everyone knowledgeable answered already.

To be fair I doubt that the FTL thing is going to pass either way so it's not necessarily needed.

(Bored and at work early)

Well we don't know where in Nevada Death City is and I don't believe we specifically get a hard location for the pyramid. That said: 7,428 miles are between the two locations, Nevada and Egypt. Given that the shadows in the various outside shots haven't changed that much, you could use an hour for a timeframe. That would be 7,428mph, or Mach 9.68. Given that is still daylight, you could use 8 hours for a higher time since multiple hours passed but it's still lit up like it's day. That would be 928.5mph or Mach 1.21. Or, you could use the animated timeframe, the entire episode is only what- 21 minutes long or so? That would be 353.71 miles per minute or Mach 27.66.

Remember that he flies this distance not one or two, but three times in that episode. Original journey there, back for the painting, then back for the girls. Plus he eventually returns to Nevada afterwords anyways. So in some shape or form you can multiply those numbers.

You forgot to double the distance; DTK went there and back during that timeframe.

I also did the calc previously with three assumed timeframes: 5 minutes (Massively Hypersonic), 30 minutes (High Hypersonic) and 1 hour (Hypersonic+)

If you want to try and be clever, I always planned (never did it) to get the average rate the girls were killing and using that to get their 100 souls timeframe- which then could be substituted for Kid's travel time.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well it wouldn't be 100% accurate, given that more things happen after that.
While true, it does give an objective reason behind the time, rather than making one up because it didn't seem very long, which also will not be 100% accurate.

Island level Black Star is making me all giddy.

I'll see if I can do the reacting to light calc after I get a few requests out of the way.

@Dark Well the calc itself isn't the problem, it's mainly trying to determine if it would be legit light to begin with.

So, I updated every profile that isn't exclusive to NOT. The only potential thing left to discuss would be the FTL stuff. Maybe.

I'm just gonna point out that Black Star doing things that aren't possible is something that occurs fairly often. I don't mean in the general, "it's fiction" sort of way but even in-verse some things he can do are considered impossible- grabbing the beams is one such event where Maka is dumbstruck by his actions.

Although on the topic of speed, don't forget Black Star can be fast enough that his afterimages have mass.

Back