• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Mindhax Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinsye

She/Her
We currently give Sonic mindhax that he can apply to anyone via this. It's pretty safe to say that this is bad.

Why is it Bad?
Shouldn't have to explain it but here's why this is bad.
  • Solaris' consciousness is blatantly something that Sonic can't attack normally. If it were, he probably should've started doing that from the start.
  • This is an NPI feat at best, because Solaris' consciousness explicitly takes form here. It's the same as a ghost, which also takes form. We don't equate punching ghosts to "soulhax on everyone" so we shouldn't equate punching Solaris' consciousness as "mindhax on everyone".
  • It's also absolutely not applicable to anyone else. Nobody is revealing their mind to Sonic or anything.
  • Sonic has also not used this supposed "ability" ever besides this one moment when it would really help him so.
Possible Counterarguments
  • "Other character from X verse also does it"
    • Then they shouldn't? Whataboutism's don't work here
  • "Solaris' mind was directly in his body so it should apply to every character"
    • It literally takes on a form, a big-ass core. Other characters from other verses generally don't have their consciousness take the form as a big ass core. Saying this applies cross-verse is silly.
  • "Everyone else just resists Sonic's mindhax which is why he never uses the ability"
    • Y'all really like to take Occam's Razor and shoot it in the knee.
  • "It's called his consciousness so it should still be mindhax"
    • That's not how it works. You need actual tangible effects on a mentalscape for it to be considered mindhax. What Sonic is doing here is pretty much the equivalent of punching someone in the head and giving them a concussion and calling that "mindhax"
Conclusion
Remove the ability. It's at best NPI and can't be used as an argument that Sonic obliterates his enemy's mind with every attack. Also remove Sonic's concept hax for pretty much the same reason.

Last edited:
I think it's not even NPI. They mention detecting a consciousness coming from Solaris, and then Eggman notes it's core is exposed. They then proceed to differentiate between the core and said consciousness. This comes off more as a brain than anything else. It's like giving me mind manipulation for taking a shotgun to your head. I guess technically your mind was manipulated through indirect means, but that's not what the power is for.

Even if people do go with NPI it's just blatantly not mind manipulation though this is pretty much the entire reason the NPI page exists

CRT looks fine from a glance

shadow seems to have these abilities as well for the same reasons, so he should prob have that removed as well if this goes through

Agreed, coincidentally I was also doing a Solaris CRT to turn this into a low-godly regeneration negation thing for super forms.

I agree. Super Silver also has the ability for the same reason, btw.

Sonic fans when they try to see whatever they can get away with on the wiki and actually succeed.
If it was a one-time thing I'd drop it but the passive aggressive attitude that you bring with you in some Sonic threads is very shitty. Can you not form threads without some form of snide remarks, belittling, or jabs towards Sonic fans when you disagree with what's on the profiles? Or is a peaceful yet constructive conversation beyond you?

Last edited:
If it was a one-tike thing I'd drop it but the passive aggressive attitude that you bring with you in some Sonic threads is very shitty. Can you not form threads without some form of snide remarks, belittling, or jabs towards Sonic fans when you disagree with what's on the profiles? Or is a peaceful yet constructive conversation beyond you?
Thank you for laying it real

Agree with the CRT, and on a side note I do not recall Jinsye being consistently passive aggressive on Sonic threads.

Stop being mean to sonic fans. They only deserve like 50% of the time but this is not one of them, ez.
It shouldn't be about what fandom she's being a meany weany to. It should be about common respect and not speaking in bad faith about them when you think they can't see it, as if people won't start disliking you when you obnoxiously ridicule them simply because they're fans of a franchise.

But I digress, I agree with the removal of Limited Mind Manip. Also there was already a thread to deal with Conceptual Manipulation that iirc may or may not have been accepted as of right now.

Last edited:
Remember that one document I posted? It has stuff for that there, but without derailing the conversation, I will just say that the Chaos Emeralds are super substances and manipulate the concepts of space and time. They manipulate thoughts and ideas to create miracles or power. They also give energy and sustenance to all living things. That's about as simple as I can make it.

Remember that one document I posted? It has stuff for that there, but without derailing the conversation, I will just say that the Chaos Emeralds are super substances and manipulate the concepts of space and time. They manipulate thoughts and ideas to create miracles or power. They also give energy and sustenance to all living things. That's about as simple as I can make it.
You should make another post showcasing the scans so it doesn’t get removed.

You should make another post showcasing the scans so it doesn’t get removed.
Not an expert on making CRTS lol, I'm pretty new here anyway. I would prefer to do it later. Plus I'm not at the state to make one soon so yeah.

And if it gets removed it can always be granted back with the right CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back