• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal and base sonic vs 30% deku

Deku:
Sonic: 11
Icon:
20210825_235724.png

Last edited:
The power difference is at least 6.88 times

Deku has better lifting strength and has black whip + danger sense + fa jin

For now I suppose I vote Sonic would take this with some difficulty. Since the AP gap borders on one-shot material he should be capable of KO’ing Deku if he lands a barrage of attacks (like this)
  • Deku could predict Sonic’s movements but his Homing Attack… homes in on opponents. Even if he missed his mark his attacks would change trajectory to tag Deku (Edit: Apparently Deku has evaded homing lasers. Huh…)
  • Deku would win if he got a hold on Sonic (Lifting Strength difference oof) but one of Sonic’s signature moves surrounds him in a forcefield, preventing physical contact. It’d allow Sonic to attack Deku without retaliation, and block the Black Whip
If someone provides proof Deku’s stat amp can quickly close the AP gap and allow Deku to bypsss Sonic’s forcefield I’ll change my vote, but Sonic for now

Sonic has a decently sized AP advantage, even with 30% being stronger than 20%. If Sonic lands a solid hit he'll probably kill Izuku since his spines are a sharp weapon. With his AP advantage a sharp attack like that should at least inflict fatal damage.

Sonic is noted to be capable of sharping his spines, which should be able to cut through Blackwhip. Instead of dodging all he has to do is spin dash to destroy it, which will make it difficult for Izuku to actually restrain him. Danger Sense, Analytical Prediction, and his mobility with Blackwhip might let him avoid Sonic's homing attack. He might actually be able to Boost through Blackwhip as well.

How good is Sonic's homing attack in terms of tracking, since Izuku has been able to dodge homing lasers from Nine even without Danger Sense or Blackwhip. Izuku best chance at winning is by fully restraining Sonic with Blackwhip. But that'd be difficult considering Sonic's mobility and spin dash.

Smokescreen can be blown away by Sonic's wind manipulation, though I guess he has to blow it away or risk getting caught by Blackwhip while he can't see. Fa Jin's advantage would be the sudden speed increase, since for a moment he'd be faster than Sonic.

The AP increase with Fa Jin wouldn't be enough to let him deal any major damage.

I'm uncertain, I'd like to hear from more people who know about Sonic before thinking about a vote.

Sonic FRA, but who thought this was a good match-up? If Deku can't damage Sonic, eventually he's gonna lose due to the AP and Dura gap between him and Sonic. That's just not fair. On top of speed being equalized.

There's just no way Deku can win this.

Deku would win if he got a hold on Sonic (Lifting Strength difference oof) but one of Sonic’s signature moves surrounds him in a forcefield, preventing physical contact. It’d allow Sonic to attack Deku without retaliation, and block the Black Whip
The AP increase isn't what's important, his speed increase would be more important in this fight.

Izuku can increase his speed with Fa Jin that someone comparable to him cannot dodge his attack even from several dozens meters away. If Izuku can lose Sonic line of sight, he might be able to restrain him before he can find him.

The difference is less than 6.8X, Izuku should be able to hurt Sonic just not by that much.

A one shot and no selling value for versus threads is 7.5X, Sonic is around 6.8X stronger than the shockwave of a 20% kick, while 30% is stronger.

Izuku does got killed in a single hit though, since sharp spines means he'd cut right through him.

However Sonic has a much better win condition, Izuku needs to do a lot more than Sonic does in order to pull a win. So I guess I'm voting Sonic for now.

I noticed that Sonic is more than 7.5 times stronger than 30%, which according to our standards make this match a one-shot, so I have to remove this from their profiles.

I said above "The power difference is at least 6.88 times"
That's still more than enough to incapacitate Deku if he is hit in the stomach or in the head. The 7.5 multiplier is for a full guaranteed one-shot no matter what body part is hit, but a 6.88 times is so close that if any important part of your body is hit you are most likely dead.

And Deku can't even hurt him, this is like putting a 5 ton character against a 34.4 tons one. The difference is ridiculous is you put it that way.

Muscular is only High 8-C+ in his base state, and he takes absolutely no damage from 5% Deku, who is 5 tons, and he can break his bones with each hit. So yeah, 30% can't do nothing here.

Last edited:
That's still more than enough to incapacitate Deku if he is hit in the stomach or in the head. The 7.5 multiplier is for a full guaranteed one-shot no matter what body part is hit, but a 6.88 times is so close that if any important part of your body is hit you are most likely dead.

And Deku can't even hurt him, this is like putting a 5 ton character against a 34.4 tons one. The difference is ridiculous is you put it that way.

Muscular is only High 8-C+ in his base state, and he takes absolutely no damage from 5% Deku, who is 5 tons, and he can break his bones with each hit. So yeah, 30% can't do nothing here.
Is a power difference of 4.5 still a one-shot? (Assuming 30% Deku's AP is still 191.295 Tons of TNT)

Back