• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic.exe: Nightmare Universe CRT.

So, according to Sonic's (Nightmare Universe) profile, WoG said this:

"The cutoff point between the NU Timeline and the Sega Timeline is Sonic Heroes."

That is to say, any canon feat prior to Sonic Heroes is practically valid for this version of Sonic, and in fact, in the profile they are already scaling it to the speed feats in Sonic CD.

So:

Characters that are currently 8-B should change to Low 6-B because they scale from this Sonic CD feat.

And I think this is pretty consistent with Sark and the Super Forms being 6-A.

Characters that scale from Sonic's speed should switch to FTL as Sonic from Nightmare Universe must scale from this Sonic CD feat.

And multiple feats of Classic Sonic where he dodges lasers.

Characters that currently have their speed set to High Hypersonic must be upgraded to "At least FTL".

However, there is also going to be a downgrade, Low 2-C characters should switch to High 3-A, since having infinite power is of this level without further context.

The most powerful characters in the verse aren't even capable of creating full dimensions and the only justification in the profiles to keep them as Low 2-C still is because the Chaos Emeralds have infinite power, as it says in the notes of some profiles:

"NOTE: Despite the Highest no longer having the ability to create dimensions, it should still be noted that their power is still within the Low 2-C tier as they are stated to surpass the Chaos Emeralds."

On the infinite speed of the Highest and Exetior's True Form:

"Infinite (Can appear anywhere at once as long as it is in his line of sight)"

And the justification is that WoG said "If they can see it, they can travel to it" can someone explain to me how this gives infinite speed? It just sounds like they can travel anywhere they can see, but nothing implies that they can do it in 0 seconds. This should be removed and replaced with unknown speed.

About LS:

I also don't understand where the Immeasurable Lifting Strength comes from, it lacks justification, so I guess it should be removed, or add a justification for that level.

Summary:

1) Characters that are 8-B become Low 6-B.

2) Characters that are Supersonic become FTL.

3) Characters that are High Hypersonic become "At least FTL".

4) Characters that are Low 2-C become High 3-A.

5) Infinite Speed is removed and becomes Unknown.

6) The Highest's Immeasurable lifting strength is removed, or if they really have it, a justification for that level is added.

By the way, this also affects the characters from Sonic.exe: The Spirits of Hell, since the version of Tails from that universe can take hits from Pervision and damage the latter, Pervision scales to Sonic from Nightmare Universe. So both Exeller and Tails from Spirit of Hell also become Low 6-B and FTL. Remember that WoG said that Exetior's appearance in Spirits of Hell is canon.

EDIT:

I also propose to remove the Exetior's Mind Manipulation.

"(Can read minds and was able to detect Crally in Sally's mind.)"

This is Telepathy.

Last edited:
Since this is FC/OC wiki I think it's safe to say for "CRTs" that if the general populous agrees you can probably just apply it.

Since this is FC/OC wiki I think it's safe to say for "CRTs" that if the general populous agrees you can probably just apply it.
Perfect, although I will wait a few days before applying the changes, just in case the person who made the profiles has something to discuss about the proposals I gave in this thread (I already asked for their opinion through their message wall).

So, according to Sonic's (Nightmare Universe) profile, WoG said this:

"The cutoff point between the NU Timeline and the Sega Timeline is Sonic Heroes."

That is to say, any canon feat prior to Sonic Heroes is practically valid for this version of Sonic, and in fact, in the profile they are already scaling it to the speed feats in Sonic CD.

So:

Characters that are currently 8-B should change to Low 6-B because they scale from this Sonic CD feat.

And I think this is pretty consistent with Sark and the Super Forms being 6-A.

Characters that scale from Sonic's speed should switch to FTL as Sonic from Nightmare Universe must scale from this Sonic CD feat.

And multiple feats of Classic Sonic where he dodges lasers.

Characters that currently have their speed set to High Hypersonic must be upgraded to "At least FTL".

However, there is also going to be a downgrade, Low 2-C characters should switch to High 3-A, since having infinite power is of this level without further context.

The most powerful characters in the verse aren't even capable of creating full dimensions and the only justification in the profiles to keep them as Low 2-C still is because the Chaos Emeralds have infinite power, as it says in the notes of some profiles:

"NOTE: Despite the Highest no longer having the ability to create dimensions, it should still be noted that their power is still within the Low 2-C tier as they are stated to surpass the Chaos Emeralds."

And the justification is that WoG said "If they can see it, they can travel to it" can someone explain to me how this gives infinite speed? It just sounds like they can travel anywhere they can see, but nothing implies that they can do it in 0 seconds. This should be removed and replaced with unknown speed.

About LS:

I also don't understand where the Immeasurable Lifting Strength comes from, it lacks justification, so I guess it should be removed, or add a justification for that level.

Summary:

1) Characters that are 8-B become Low 6-B.

2) Characters that are Supersonic become FTL.

3) Characters that are High Hypersonic become "At least FTL".

4) Characters that are Low 2-C become High 3-A.

5) Infinite Speed is removed and becomes Unknown.

6) The Highest's Immeasurable lifting strength is removed, or if they really have it, a justification for that level is added.

By the way, this also affects the characters from Sonic.exe: The Spirits of Hell, since the version of Tails from that universe can take hits from Pervision and damage the latter, Pervision scales to Sonic from Nightmare Universe. So both Exeller and Tails from Spirit of Hell also become Low 6-B and FTL. Remember that WoG said that Exetior's appearance in Spirits of Hell is canon.

EDIT:

I also propose to remove the Exetior's Mind Manipulation.

"(Can read minds and was able to detect Crally in Sally's mind.)"

This is Telepathy.
I agree with most of these revisions, though I would like to add that each of the parallel dimensions have pocket dimensions that exist "underneath" as said multiple times by WoG, so the size of the cosmology and the power of anyone that scales to the Highest could probably remain as Low 2-C due to this statement as it scales the cosmology of one dimension higher than just merely High 3-A. These pocket dimensions include the Special Stages and the Blood Temple (Funnily enough in the original lore, Highest were able to create multiple universes but it was rewritten for balancing issues).

"E-200 Paragon: [The] pocket dimensions in NU are dimensions that exist "underneath" reality, hence the name. Because they're hidden like this, the Highest can't see into them and if one enters a pocket dimension, their power is greatly reduced."

"E-200 Paragon: Pocket dimensions are hidden "underneath" reality so the only way to get into them is with a Warp Ring. They're considered "tiny" by dimensional standards and not even the Highest can see into them. If the Highest go into them, they lose most of their powers due to the smaller "space"."

"E-200 Paragon: Pocket dimensions like the Special Stages are hidden "underneath" reality. So from the Highest's perspective, if the universe were the size of a beach ball, that's like trying to fit your entire existence into a golf ball."

I probably forgot to elaborate more on how the NU timeline is not exactly 1:1 to Classic/Dreamcast. CD feats can probably be added but I don't know where I got the source for Paragon stating that he has his game feats so those statements on the pages should probably be removed unless there's WoG confirmation that he can perform all those feats. I probably would have to downgrade it to maybe Transonic rather than Supersonic because the statements I have state Sonic can only run as fast as the speed of sound (One of the channels got purged so I might need to ask again).

I'll post these statements since the one I originally linked probably isn't good enough or explained well.

"Joe Bartolozzi: So what? They can pretty much see EVERYTHING? Like x rays, ultraviolet, gamma rays and all that? / E-200 Paragon: In a sense, yes. The Highest are beings that can see all of the universe in its entirety. They can look at anything, anywhere, at anytime. They're not everywhere at once, but they can go anywhere they like. If they can see it, they can travel to it. / Joe Bartholozzi: With just the snap of a finger[?] / E-200 Paragon: More like with just a single thought. But they can't see into pocket dimensions and if they were to enter one, their omniscience would be greatly reduced to direct line-of-sight like how we understand it."

I don't know if this also means they have Omniscient intelligence but to me it's more of a Notable Attack/Technique name.

Last edited:
I agree with most of these revisions, though I would like to add that each of the parallel dimensions have pocket dimensions that exist "underneath" as said multiple times by WoG, so the size of the cosmology and the power of anyone that scales to the Highest could probably remain as Low 2-C due to this statement as it technically scales the cosmology of one dimension higher than just merely High 3-A.
I'm pretty sure that just means that the pocket dimensions in NU are dimensionally smaller than the main universe, which is 3-A not counting time (unless there's a statement that it's an infinite universe, in which case it would be High 3-A). Even if they were higher than High 3-A, the Tiering System specifically says that being infinitely higher than that level does not mean being Low 2-C, unless it's uncountable infinity, therefore being higher than High 3-A is still of that level.

I don't have much knowledge of how the universes work there (since I play NU games for fun rather than analysis), so if there's anything wrong with what I said, you can point it out. I just don't think the existence of pocket dimensions lower dimensionally than the main universe would change anything in the scale of the characters.

CD feats can probably be added but I don't know where I got the source for Paragon stating that he has all his game CD feats, it might just need to be removed and kept as is unless I find something different. I probably would have to downgrade it to maybe Transonic rather than Supersonic because the statements I have state Sonic can only run as fast as the speed of sound (One of the channels got purged so I might need to ask again).

As for the feats from Sonic CD and Classic Sonic, it occurred to me to scale them from that because I saw in the profiles that WoG said that the events of Sega Timeline occurred up to Sonic Heroes, that would make any pre-Sonic Heroes feat canon for NU. If you don't find the statement, then I guess Low Tiers should stay as 8-B, but their speed would drop to Transonic.

(I recommend taking screenshots of important statements to keep even if they are removed from the Discord channel.)

I'm pretty sure being able to see everything and travel anywhere you can see doesn't mean infinite speed, unless it's proven that they can travel in 0 seconds to those places.

About omniscience, you're right, they refer to omniscience as the ability to see the entire universe, not as literally knowing everything. Therefore it is only the name that Cosmic Awareness receives in Nightmare Universe.

(I recommend taking screenshots of important statements to keep even if they are removed from the Discord channel.)
Yeah I might need to do this more often and just post them on Imgur because a lot of chaos happens in that Discord.
The statements about the Chaos Emeralds and the gemstones Paragon makes do somewhat vary and can be inconsistent, but from what I've put together they do indeed contain infinite power. The emeralds themselves just can't release it all at once (hence why there's two profiles for both the weapon and the users).

"Zóticuss Wáyzlor Woods: If energy can be infinitely generated, can the universe be overfilled with it or it disappears over a time? / E-200 Paragon: I'll say it again... "They're like reservoirs with the emeralds themselves being like faucets." Imagine a dam with an infinite depth filled with water and the only way to release that water is through a kitchen faucet. / Turbo: So basically the Chaos Emeralds, Master Emerald and what not have infinite power but can't exert it all at once because of their limitations. / E-200 Paragon: Right"

However, it's directly stated that Sonic is able to withstand their full power, yet he can barely contain Exetior's actual energy because he has "the power of a Highest". There's also more WoG statements about this huge power gap and Paragon also directly states that Dark Sonic (Sonic when using the full power of the emeralds is just the NU rewrite's Hyper equivalent) is stronger than Sark, Super Sonic and the Chaos Crown itself but still weaker than Exetior despite having all the power he can ever obtain.

"E-200 Paragon: Also, yes, Exetior possessed Sonic because he was the only one that could withstand the full power of the Chaos Emeralds so his body was the perfect disguise. And because Sonic's power greatly impressed Exetior, he wants to keep Sonic preserved as much as possible. However, not even Sonic's body can truly contain the power of a Highest so if Exetior exerts too much energy, Sonic's body will be destroyed."

"E-200 Paragon: As I said before, Super Sonic to Exetior would be like if Base Sonic fought Solaris. There's no contest, Exetior is a Highest and the Highest are sentient universe-level nuclear weapons."

"E-200 Paragon: No matter how powerful Sonic gets, he'll never match Exetior's power on a natural playing field. Even Sonic can't stop the destructive force of a nuclear weapon, which is why if End of Hope gets updated, the fight will take place in the Blood Temple This is because the rewrite says that pocket dimensions inhibit the Highest's powers, thus turning Exetior into a bunker buster. (still powerful, but non-nuclear)"

"E-200 Paragon: Exetior > Dark Sonic > Sark = Super Sonic = Chaos Crown"

Without anything else that's just High 3-A, but there are also higher dimensionality in the NU as it's existence is 4D and the Time Stones have Low 2-C capabilities due to them being able to just break time in a similar manner to the Time Rust from Alice Through the Looking Glass or the Agamotto Eye from Doctor Strange.

"E-200 Paragon: Without the Time Stones, there IS no future. There's no Bad Future because the Presents has been erased by the Time Stones."

"Kola: Wait the tinestone can’t change the past? / E-200 Paragon: Not without breaking all of reality like in Alice in Wonderland."

"E-200 Paragon: To [the Highest], foreseeing the future is like descending down an infinite fractal space, any direction they go in will lead to radically different outcomes and no two directions are the same. That's what makes it unreliable, all futures are true until only one manifests in the universe. This is basically what the Highest see when they look at time itself. Infinite futures all climbing towards the present but only one future manifests in the universe at any moment."

The other gemstones are also equal to the Time Stones so all of them should qualify for Low 2-C capabilities considering the Highest are stronger than any of the gemstones:

"E-200 Paragon: Additionally, the four Primals created sentient gemstones to function as "moderators" to ensure the balance of power is always fluctuating between them. These gemstones are the Master Emerald, Chaos Emeralds, Time Stones, and Phantom Ruby. (Order, Chaos, Life, Death respectively)"
I'm pretty sure that just means that the pocket dimensions in NU are dimensionally smaller than the main universe, which is 3-A not counting time (unless there's a statement that it's an infinite universe, in which case it would be High 3-A). Even if they were higher than High 3-A, the Tiering System specifically says that being infinitely higher than that level does not mean being Low 2-C, unless it's uncountable infinity, therefore being higher than High 3-A is still of that level.
There are an infinite number of dimensions each with their own laws and physics, so they are each technically separate universes by the tiering system standards (by "one universe", WoG means the NU is just one continuity and not multiple like Marvel's What-If):

"Turbo: Wait is there an infinite amount of dimensions or finite? / JaizKoys: Infinite, i believe"

"Murphy’s Law: And NU has also a single plane of existence? / E-200 Paragon: Stop talking[.] It's Ricky and Morty logic, one universe containing many dimensions that are all different in their own way. Or like Sonic Prime, everything is more or less identical except for key details that completely change the rules."

(When I was talking to someone in the Discord about how the dimensions worked, WoG came in and agreed with what I said)

"Turbo: It's more like this: There are likely a countless or infinite number of dimensions, and each dimension is sort of like it's own separate reality with different universal rules. If this were any other fictional continuity the term "universe" could be used to describe the dimensions, but the NU already has a definition for what "universe" means so therefore you cannot really call it's parallel worlds a "multiverse" because it may confuse people into thinking of multiple different NUs. Think of it like Rick and Morty logic, each dimension/timeline/universe whatever you want to call it may have other Sonics, but their cosmic rules are likely going to be different than the primary dimension. So for example if in Dimension A, Sonic is a good trustworthy hero with blue fur who can run really fast and harness Chaos Energy, Dimension B could have a Sonic whose a complete dick with light blue fur who has an inner demon manifest when harnessing strange energy. / E-200 Paragon: ☝️"

Hope that's enough explanation. Took me about a few hours just to look this all up in their Discord. (Also I think Hyper Sonic should be removed from Sonic's profile since it's replaced by Dark Sonic)
I 100% agree with scaling SoH characters to the NU as well since Kostas' videos are credible.

Last edited:
So from what I've seen, these are the changes that can already be applied:

• All Sonic.exe: The Spirits of Hell characters scale to the Nightmare Universe characters.
  • Lifting Strength for Highest go from Immeasurable to Unknown
  • All characters with Supersonic and High Hypersonic become Transonic and "at least Transonic" respectively
  • Comparisons for Sega Sonic feats are removed due to the lack of statements made unless it's deliberately stated by WoG
  • Highest have Mind Manipulation removed from their ability lists

Last edited:
Doesn't it say there that they teleport? mentions that they teleport while demons travel the old way (ie physical movement) while the highest just simply appear there. I still maintain that it is not an infinite speed for this very reason, but a universal range with Teleportation.

So, I think what remains to be determined is whether Exetior and the god-tiers are High 3-A or Low 2-C.
Even though the Chaos Emeralds have infinite power, that's not Low 2-C, it's High 3-A.
That they are "sentient universe-level nuclear weapons" does not guarantee a help for the Low 2-C, since 3-A is technically universal.
The Time Stones being Low 2-C for destroying reality makes sense, since the quote implies that it destroys time as well. If someone scales to that, then it's okay to keep Low 2-C, what makes me wonder is that if they are at that level, why can't they create dimensions anymore?

Lastly, have you found the WoG statement that the Sega Timeline occurred until Sonic Heroes in NU? since on the verse page I can see that this is taken into account.

Doesn't it say there that they teleport? mentions that they teleport while demons travel the old way (ie physical movement) while the highest just simply appear there. I still maintain that it is not an infinite speed for this very reason, but a universal range with Teleportation.
I asked specifically about this and all I got was something like "they just think and appear somewhere". It can probably fall under Teleportation though.
The Time Stones being Low 2-C for destroying reality makes sense, since the quote implies that it destroys time as well. If someone scales to that, then it's okay to keep Low 2-C, what makes me wonder is that if they are at that level, why can't they create dimensions anymore?
A character technically doesn't have to showcase destroying a universe/spacetime to be considered Low 2-C so long as they scale to something that can.

But the Highest were nerfed in the rewrite so dimension creating is no longer a part of their Creation abilities, they can only create object inside the dimension rather than the dimensions themselves in order to make the balance of power in the lore more even (If they kept their old lore abilities they would probably be 2-B). The Highest are still technically on that same scale of power though since they're part of the "ultimate force" that can destroy the entire NU when used, but the actual ability of dimension creation is reserved for the Primals/the gemstones they enforce.

The Primals have an "ultimate force" that can destroy the entire NU, and the Highest is Order's one.

"E-200 Paragon: Each Primal has a creation, an "Ultimate Force" that's so powerful, it can threaten to destroy the universe if fully unleashed."

The forces are the Highest (stated as the most powerful civilization in the NU), the Chaos Singularity (a giant Chaos Energy black hole), the Well of Souls (a weaponized Big Bang that resets the universe back to square one when activated), and the Void (the all-consuming abyss).

"E-200 Paragon: These are the Ultimate Forces of the four Primal Forces.
Order - The Highest
Chaos - The Chaos Singularity
Life - The Well of Souls
Death - The Void"

There's also some statements like this but I'd rather not use them since they're really vague and don't really account for the scaling:

"E-200 Paragon: If Exetior was in the games, the only thing that could be a match for him would be Solaris simply because it canonically annihilates anything that isn't itself."

"E-200 Paragon: Exetior's power is comparable to Solaris or Dark Gaia, his species was designed by Order to be creator-gods."

Lastly, have you found the WoG statement that the Sega Timeline occurred until Sonic Heroes in NU? since on the verse page I can see that this is taken into account.
No I got rid of those statements on the pages, when I checked the Discord I saw that the NU had it's own timeline posted so I just pasted it to the verse page.

A character technically doesn't have to showcase destroying a universe/spacetime to be considered Low 2-C so long as they scale to something that can.

But the Highest were nerfed in the rewrite so dimension creating is no longer a part of their Creation abilities, they can only create object inside the dimension rather than the dimensions themselves in order to make the balance of power in the lore more even (If they kept their old lore abilities they would probably be 2-B). The Highest are still technically on that same scale of power though since they're part of the "ultimate force" that can destroy the entire NU when used, but the actual ability of dimension creation is reserved for the Primals/the gemstones they enforce.

The Primals have an "ultimate force" that can destroy the entire NU, and the Highest is Order's one.

"E-200 Paragon: Each Primal has a creation, an "Ultimate Force" that's so powerful, it can threaten to destroy the universe if fully unleashed."

The forces are the Highest (stated as the most powerful civilization in the NU), the Chaos Singularity (a giant Chaos Energy black hole), the Well of Souls (a weaponized Big Bang that resets the universe back to square one when activated), and the Void (the all-consuming abyss).

"E-200 Paragon: These are the Ultimate Forces of the four Primal Forces.
Order - The Highest
Chaos - The Chaos Singularity
Life - The Well of Souls
Death - The Void"
In that case, I'm fine with keeping the characters as Low 2-C.
No I got rid of those statements on the pages, when I checked the Discord I saw that the NU had it's own timeline posted so I just pasted it to the verse page.
However, if in the official NU timeline Sonic CD and several games prior to Sonic Heroes are said to have occurred, shouldn't we be able to include the Low 6-B and FTL feats in NU?

However, if in the official NU timeline Sonic CD and several games prior to Sonic Heroes are said to have occurred, shouldn't we be able to include the Low 6-B and FTL feats in NU?
I'd say no since it's a different continuity unless some of the characters showcase FTL feats in the fangames/shorts or are stated to.

"JaizKoys: NU does not follow SEGA's canons events Especially Adventure and Modern era (and most of the comic books stories too) I believe Paragon will reference em but it's not needed in my taste"

"E-200 Paragon: However, the Nightmare Universe only borrows from the Sega canon, it doesn't incorporate it 100%"

Also the Highest true forms can probably just be made Speed of Light, their Omniscience ability is pretty much confirmed teleportation.

"Turbo: If the Highest couldn't teleport anywhere in the universe for a certain reason, how fast can they move physically? / E-200 Paragon: I don't know, probably as fast as light itself."

So the final revisions would probably be this:
  • All Sonic.exe: The Spirits of Hell characters scale to the Nightmare Universe characters.
  • All characters with Supersonic and High Hypersonic become Transonic and "at least Transonic" respectively
  • Comparisons for Sega Sonic feats are removed due to the timeline having different events play out
  • Highest Omniscience ability is made a Teleportation skill rather than Infinite Speed
  • The Highest speed are now all Unknown, likely Speed of Light

Last edited:
  • Comparisons for Sega Sonic feats are removed due to the timeline having different events play out
  • Highest Omniscience ability is made a Teleportation skill rather than Infinite Speed
  • The Highest speed are now all Unknown, likely Speed of Light
Perfect, that would be all then.

PS: Since he is one of the users who follows the ".exe" topic the most, I will probably contact him again if I do another review on the subject later

Back