• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some things about Morgoth, Valar and Maiar

Ainur can teleport to any point of the Universe instantly.

The Valar and Maiar were essentially 'spirits', according to Elvish tradition given being before the making of Eä. They could go where they willed, that is could be present at once at any point in Eä where they desired to be.

Unlimited speed in spirit form:

For their bodies were self-made. They houseless[?] as spirits could go where they would (either slowly or immediately), and could then reclothe themselves

I also think that immortality type 5 to the Valar and Melkor (but not Morgoth) must be added, they cannot be killed by chance, violence or magic:

In the Elder Days, and in the ages before the Dominion of Men, there were times of great trouble and many griefs and evil Death (24) afflicted all the Eldar, as it did all other living things in Arda save the Valar only: for the visible form of the Valar proceeds from their own will and with regard to their true being is to be likened rather to the chosen raiment of Elves and Men than to their bodies.

I think Morgoth should have at least the same Acausality ability as Alduin. The moment Morgoth is truly destroyed is the moment Arda ceases to exist, as shown by the Dagor Dagorath and as quoted on Morgoth's Ring: "Just as Sauron concentrated his power in the One Ring, Morgoth dispersed his power into the very matter of Arda, thus the whole of Middle-earth was Morgoth's Ring" ( J.R.R Tolkien (1993). Christopher Tolkien (ed.). Morgoth's Ring)

Teleportation seems fine, and maybe Immortality, but I'm not sure where "Unlimited speed" comes from based on that text.

Thank you for the evaluation. I trust your sense of judgement.

@Antvasima I would call Matt in to this due to being more knowledgeable about TES.

@Ishneray it would be better if you actually linked the specific chapters of the book/s (Or whatever you are refering to) from which those statements came from.

Or at the very least mention the number of those specific chapters.

Newendigo:

No problem.

As usual DDM makes sense here; Speed and immortality seems alright to add, not sure about infinite speed personally.

Back