• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions about space between Dimensions

So, in the note 6 of speed page there is writed:

"And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes. Said distance is often unknown as it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite."

So, why it's assumed to be a 5th Dimensional space? and what "it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite" means?

The first three dimensions are the Spatial Dimensions of the Universe we are familiar with, the fourth is the Temporal Dimension (Time) of the Universe, the fifth is the space which holds all the fourth-dimensional universes with their separate Space-Times. Basically, we assume that unless stated otherwise universes automatically have their own individual Space-Times so the space that holds them must be fifth-dimensional.

As for its unknown size, that's simply because we have no real-life example or theory to go off and fiction can treat said fifth-dimensional space as however they want with no set standard.

The first three dimensions are the Spatial Dimensions of the Universe we are familiar with, the fourth is the Temporal Dimension (Time) of the Universe, the fifth is the space which holds all the fourth-dimensional universes with their separate Space-Times.
i always thinked "fifth dimension is the viewing of possible worlds with other versions of one in the same starting conditions" and in scalin i thinked it was something uncontably higher thand infinite or just a place that see as fiction 4D existence. but this make sense tho.
As for its unknown size, that's simply because we have no real-life example or theory to go off and fiction can treat said fifth-dimensional space as however they want with no set standard.
I wonder if destroying it is qualificable for Low 1-C

Yeah but that would be hard to prove, when destroying the Multiverse comes up we normally assume that just means destroying all the fourth-dimensional Universes in the fifth-dimensional space instead of said fifth-dimensional space itself.

Destroying the Multiverse varies from perspectives of how a fictional thing threats said concept to be much more complex or much less, but it is oftenly taken as 2-A standard if there are an infinite number of said space-times.

And agreeing with what Eve said, destroying universal models inside of a 5-D space is still 4-D unless the fifth space is destroyed in turn of that.

Yeah but that would be hard to prove, when destroying the Multiverse comes up we normally assume that just means destroying all the fourth-dimensional Universes in the fifth-dimensional space instead of said fifth-dimensional space itself.
thanks

So a real multiverse buster should normally be low 1-C?
not really, actually, the question is pretty new, becaus i never wonder about it. though i already know this little "fact" from much times, so i thinked that destroying a multiverse means just destroying 4D Universes, unless it does destroy the 5D Space.

Again, real multiverse buster, someone that destroys what's inside it is not a real multiverse buster, a real one would destroy the multiverse itself, which this thread says is low 1-C.

I am still not getting why a presence of 5D axis is required in order to contain timelines in overall framework.I dont remember any theory making mention that a higher dimensional framework(x+1 dimension) is required in order to support lower dimension(x dimension) which in this case would be 5D framework supporting 4D dimensions

I am still not getting why a presence of 5D axis is required in order to contain timelines in overall framework.I dont remember any theory making mention that a higher dimensional framework(x+1 dimension) is required in order to support lower dimension(x dimension) which in this case would be 5D framework supporting 4D dimensions
I don't remember the theory, but the 5th Dimensions is viewing all possible worlds from the same start point, so it make sense that this space hold 4D timelines. idk for other stuff

The first three dimensions are the Spatial Dimensions of the Universe we are familiar with, the fourth is the Temporal Dimension (Time) of the Universe, the fifth is the space which holds all the fourth-dimensional universes with their separate Space-Times. Basically, we assume that unless stated otherwise universes automatically have their own individual Space-Times so the space that holds them must be fifth-dimensional.

I mean if we go with this than wouldn't Garganta in Bleach be 5D kinda..since it contains and encompasses the realms in it which are considered 4D here iirc....like fruit pulp encompassing seeds.

But it definitely isn't 5D here....so I think even assuming that fiction will treat the space outside the timeline as 4D space is kinda false....atleast I think it is very rare for fiction to treat the way we have described the default..

But even then yeah, ideally by default space outside the timelines should be 4D space or 5th Dimensional in totality.

So
So the multiverse is actually 5D not 4D? Damn, I always thought that the multiverse is 4D

So

So the multiverse is actually 5D not 4D? Damn, I always thought that the multiverse is 4D
Uuhh...pretty sure he was clear on differences of multiverse and what it is contained in....

Multiverse is just a collection of timelines...
The space that encompasses it isn't by default assumed to be part of it.

Its like saying a shoal of fishes is ocean...
Or flock of birds is atmosphere

a little question that is totally irrelevant with the current context

is a 2 Spatial D + 1 Temporal D a 3th Dimension?

I don't remember the theory, but the 5th Dimensions is viewing all possible worlds from the same start point, so it make sense that this space hold 4D timelines. idk for other stuff
Which..doesn't really make sense since 5th dimensions in theory is just having additional spatial axis over 4th dimensional spatial space.
a little question that is totally irrelevant with the current context

is a 2 Spatial D + 1 Temporal D a 3th Dimension?
Yes just as how 3 spatial+1 temporal dimension constitutes 4D space and time continum.It would be 3D space and time continum

Back