• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Garfield feats

The pepper isn't something he normally has so it can't be used and there's literally nothing suggesting Garfield manipulated Gravity to hang upside down. He could've just been strong enough to hold himself up like that.

It's official. Turn the Power to hang upside-down into a power page. ovo

Really though neither of those are really powers of any sort. The fire manip isn't really a power it's more of a cause-and-effect and the tree thing is more of a strength feat.

The simplest answer is that he was strong enough to hold himself there. This is a much safer assumption than giving him some questionable gravity manip that wouldn't even be combat applicable anyway.

The implication by his statement is that it was not just strength. Hanging on obviously was, but the inversion of gravity seems to be involuntary. I agree it isn't combat applicable

All he said was "Some days I can't do anything right" that doesn't really mean anything other than he did the opposite of what he wanted to do. Also, what inversion of gravity? There was nothing indication gravity just got flipped.

Yeah but again he could just be holding himself in place, nothing there indicates gravity was affected.

People can do handstands, but we don't give them gravity manip.

Yeah, but you don't stand there for lengths of time without the intention to do so. Sure, you can accidentally do hand stands, but hanging up for some indeterminate length of time takes intention. Either way, this is pointless since we agreed a while ago that this wasn't applicable. Its semantics at this point

Goddammit now I wish I was in middle school again. The Library there had like 5 different Garfield books just full of comic strips and they would've been so useful here.

We should probably only use the original canon, not the spin-offs, yes.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
It shouldn't be as there are at least four different canons for garfield. Strips, OG cartoon, newish cartoon, and live-action films.
Except the discussion thread started off with a question on making a composite Garfield, and almost everyone agreed. Plus, Garfield has "composite characters" in his categories, so it has been accepted that it's a composite Garfield.

Insecurity97 said:
This is probably offtopic, but any reason why Garfield's profile is locked?
Probably because Garfield's been overpowered to death and they don't want people to add the low-godly regen and immeasurable speed to the profile.

Well, if it is a composite profile, I suppose that secondary canon additions might be fine.

Well, that would have to be a separate statistics key then.

Yeah, that's why I disagree with that "feat" being a thing: he never demonstrated to have regenerated from that. He exploded there and in the next comic he was there like nothing ever happened, nor was it acknowledged.

Him coming back from that is probably just continuity things we've discussed in other threads.

So. Was told to come here and drop my pages and stuff for the fat orange bat

IMG 5185
His imagination changed his reality here

IMG 5179
In the comics he can keep up with this nermal super hero who can text themselves and cross the planet before the text arrives. And seemingly just ran around the world in that one panel.

IMG 5183
Turns John into a baby by changing the date. And is immune to it himself

IMG 5182
Eats the moon here

IMG 5184
Turns into a skeleton from waiting so long and Regens from it

IMG 5180
IMG 5181
I think this may already be known. But there's this too.

Also compares to Garzooka who reacts to a ship that traverses the stars in Garfield Petforce.

Also, do we use show feats too, at least the OG show that keeps the Garfield style just animated. The 3D one also seems fair since there isn't any changes in Garfield as a character. Same character. Just in 3D.

Cause if we can use or add the show. I got a lot to update for the page.

Buttersamuri said:
His imagination changed his reality here
I believe that one was rejected on it being much more likely to be a nightmare than actual reality jumping, especially given the ending all but states that "imagination can paint a future so vivid that it can terrify".

Back