• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SOLSTICE vs Sigma

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
SOLSTICE (with the upgraded Solar Drive) vs Sigma.

It works because they're both artificial and also antagonists and EQUINOX has an attack with Sigma in the name. And they're both stubborn Type 6 immortals. So. It works. Mostly because I said so.

Standard battle assumptions, speed is equalized, and both are fully serious.

It works because I really like both, too.

I'll get to this later today, as soon as I'm done suffering with some edits here.

Okay, here I am.

Sigma can get around Sol's time freeze since Zero and Megaman Time stuff doesn't work on him.

I'm not entirely sure on how good Sol's Non-Corporeality is. In the X series there are beings like Cyber Peacock who can phase in and out of existence and live in Cyperspace with Non-Corporeal properties and Sigma can still affect or corrupt them (Sigma himself can also manifest as intangible viruses).

Sigma is actually extremely hard to put down but I do believe that is on a planetary scale (Lunar too as of Megaman X8) so Solstice could probably get around any potential bodies he might have lying in wait by Planet Busting.

Intelligence wise they both seem to be tactical geniuses and Sigma was the greatest of Doctor Cain's creations (comparable to X from Light and Zero from Wily) so he shouldn't be *that* far behind Solstice to get entirely overwhelmed on this aspect.

However, Solstice's barriers should grant her resistance to Sigma's more direct stuff and if push comes to shove she can use Sigils to change physical laws or go ahead and erase Sigma from existence, which he has no resistance against. Her precog would help her in the match itself and also would most likely let her know if Sigma still survived with some spare body so she can finish him off until it's over. Voting Solstice, I think Mid-Diff mainly for Sigma being hard to stay down and abusing temporary bodies too.

Yeah, I thought so but sadly I forgot a lot of the X series so couldn't make too big an analysis ;~;

I'm gonna go with SOL for the reasons her greatest follower gave.

SOLSTICE's non-corporeal only really applies to her soul form so Sigma should be able to harm her just fine.

In this key, SOLSTICE doesn't have the time stopping or existence erasure (though a full-body attack can get that off through the whole complete atomic and spiritual destruction thing) in this key. I really should find some way to split her powers by key but the bars look so inelegant... (not like the indentations aren't inelegant on the normal wikia skin but I don't use that so whatever). Regardless, I'll find a way.

SOLSTICE isn't good enough with her sigils to do anything new, and her precog will only let her know about Sigma's other bodies once he's already used one before. Either way, both votes counted.

Ah, my bad then. I thought that was acessible, since it was listed up there in the profile.

But yeah, Sigma can't come back from something like Atomic and Complete spiritual destruction so what ultimately changes is the means she uses, more than how it ends.

I actually mentioned the Precog taking into account that Sigma would already have used a spare or another before being defeated, since he does that in-game all the time (i. e.: One body/First form destroyed, changes to a big and better one/second form), so my vote remains for SOL, yes.

Yeah I understand. I really need to adjust that.

Understood!

If no one has any complaints with the verdict.

Back