• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solar System Level Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assaultwaffle has agreed with this which as a Mid-End would put the Silver Surfer and anyother Marvel Characters that scale to him and Thor at 387.8 KiloFoe.

Just posting this here for you guys to know and for someone to please unlock the page so I can add the calc to Norrin's Page.

I do not think that Assaltwaffle ever specified which end that was preferable though.

RinkakuKagune said:
Assaultwaffle has agreed with this which as a Mid-End would put the Silver Surfer and anyother Marvel Characters that scale to him and Thor at 387.8 KiloFoe.

Just posting this here for you guys to know and for someone to please unlock the page so I can add the calc to Norrin's Page.
Aren't characters like Thor in the 20 Terrafoe range since they can slightly damage a starving galactus, who is 4-A (& a bit above baseline at that) ?

I suppose you can make a Thread about it, but I doubt it will be passed since that would make them millions of times stronger than the Sentry who has the power of 1 million exploding suns.

I think that we have to consider being a minor inconvenience to Galactus as plot-induced stupidity, for the sake of consistency with other characters.

Furthermore, Thor is 4-A with godblast & he has been shown to somewhat compete with enemies who were KOed by & not killed by his godblast.

We should probably stick to the main topic.

@Ant:

If you really consider it PIS then well okay, I guess, so be it. I don't really want to argue with you.

Well, it is more that I consider Marvel insanely inconsistent, and as such almost impossible to scale properly, but yes, fighting Aegis one-on-one, and wiping away Zenn-La's influence from the galaxy, are both technically likely 4-A feats.

I would prefer input from Matthew in any case.

Antvasima said:
Well, it is more that I consider Marvel insanely inconsistent, and as such almost impossible to scale properly, but yes, fighting Aegis one-on-one, and wiping away Zenn-La's influence from the galaxy, are both technically likely 4-A feats.

I would prefer input from Matthew in any case.
& defeating the proemial gods is a 2-c feat, while losing to the black panther is a peak human feat, proving what you said about inconsistency !

Well, the Proemial Gods were destroyed by the forces of the Crunch, and Galactus was only 4-A within the Annihilation story, which is what the Proemial Gods would have to be scaled from.

Anyway, after you ask Matthew to comment here, I can probably unlock the Surfer page.

Joseph619 said:
What Surfer is getting upgraded to 4-A? By the way I think Base Thanos should be easily 4-A.
Base Thanos should definitely be 4-A, he's consistently depicted as superior to Herald Level characters like Silver Surfer, Thor, and The Hulk

Plus he sent Starving Galactus flying with a single blast, for comparison, the only other character who has ragdolled Galactus was Thor using his God Blast

Thanos effortlessly stomped The Fallen One, who is the first Herald of Galactus and should be far superior to Silver Surfer

Thanos fought on par with Thor while the latter was amped by the Power Gem

So yeah, I agree with you that Base Thanos should 4-A

We will not upgrade the Surfer or Thanos to 4-A. We consider such feats outliers, for the sake of consistency, similarly to Thor's various 3-B feats.

LordWhis said:
@Izreldan:
Tonnes of heralds have done well against Galactus.

& lots of other characters will get 4-A as a result.
Heralds harming Galactus would be PIS, I mean logically, the Heralds are powered by a fraction of Galactus' power, so they shouldn't be able to harm him

Thanos is consistently depicted as being far above Heralds of Galactus, in a strength class of his own, so it really wouldn't be an outlier

Actually, only Thanos (and possibly three other characters) would get upgraded to 4-A:

Thanos (for fighting on par with Starving Galactus)

Possibly The Sentry (for stalemating a likely Starving Galactus, however since this is unlikely to be accepted, I leave this is possibly)

Possibly The Hulk (for matching The Sentry in his World War Hulk incarnation, however since this is unlikely to be accepted, I leave this as possibly)

And possibly Blue Marvel (for stalemating The Sentry, however since this is unlikely to be accepted, I leave this as possibly)

Again, 3 out of the above 4 are unlikely, so I would need feedback on those

@Antvasima I have absolutely intention of upgrading Surfer, him being 4-B is accurate

Maybe Thanos and Tyrant, but that is a big maybe. Also, we try not to play favourites based on which characters that we personally like.

LordWhis said:
@Izreldan: Did you seriously recommend Sentry & Hulk for 4-A. ARE YOU SERIOUS
NO ! JUST NO !!!!!!!!!

When I said many characters I was referring to Thor, Gladiator, Tyrant, Ego & a few incarnations of Gamorra (though actually she is more skill then raw power I guess).

Not those clowns.
@LordWhis I recommended Sentry for 4-A because he fought Galactus to a standstill, in canon, it was confirmed on three occasions as a matter of fact

And World War Hulk fought Sentry to a standstill, in canon

But again, those were unlikely, I was just asking for feedback on them

@LordWhis Spider-Man, Nate Grey, and Sentry's bio in the Official Marvel Handbook all say that Sentry stalemated Galactus

True, Thor has beaten Starving Galactus as well, I forgot about that, my bad, perhaps Thor should be 4-A as well

The Void completely overpowered Thor in the Dark Siege storyline, Thor only defeated him because Robert briefly regained control and wanted Thor to kill him before he hurt anyone else

Scan for Thor one-shotting Worldbreaker Hulk?

Can we drop this derail of the discussion? We are not upgrading anybody to 4-A for the moment.

We were just supposed to unlock the Surfer's page, so a calculation would be added for his 4-B feat.

Yes. I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Honestly trying to scale anyone who has ever fought low-tier incarnations of Galactus to 4-A really ******* scaling.
AH AH AH! Language Azzy!

At least use censor between word can you?

Anyway, i think we should not upgrade heralds because at above said, "the Heralds are powered by a fraction of Galactus' power, so they shouldn't be able to harm him"

Other than that is fine with me

Well, since the original purpose of this thread has been achieved, I will close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back