• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solar Marcharius large downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Current profile.

The issue

So what's the issue? Everything.

This is the current justification
Attack Potency: At least Small Planet level (Traded blows and caused harm to the Angel of Fire, a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, who was shifting the planet's tectonic plates and spilling magma from the mantle, as well as warping the planet's surface just by coming into existence. While the Angel of Fire wasn't fully manifested when Macharius fought it, it should still be much more powerful than Velthinar)
This is entirely wrong.

To quote from the Macharian Crusade Omnibus
‘The ritual is nearing its climax. The tectonic plates of the world itself are shifting. The power of the Angel of Fire is manifesting.’
I looked at the focus of that hellish ritual and I drew on what strength I could. We did not have even a fraction of the power that was needed to overcome that vast ingathering of cosmic filth. Such was not my intention. I needed to disrupt that lattice of force and the whole thing would spin out of control, like a mechanical engine when sand has been thrown into its workings.

It was the only chance I had. I summoned all my strength and threw a bolt of titanic psychic energy at the focal point of the ritual.
As if taking strength from that, Drake spoke the words of a great prayer, invoking the name of the Emperor. There was a ripping, tearing sensation inside my head, as if the wave of power he had unleashed was so strong that even I could sense it. As suddenly as it had come over us the daemonic spell was lifted. We were purged of the influence of the unclean. I raised my shotgun to my shoulder, took careful aim and fired at the High Priest. The sound of the shot was shockingly loud in the ominous silence. The chief heretic’s head exploded in a cloud of blood and brains. In that moment, all hell broke loose.

The swirling essence of the daemon descended upon the corpse of the High Priest. The body slowly rose, one eye dangling from an optic nerve torn from its exposed skull. The other was filled with fire. Great flaming wings emerged from his back, a sword of fire appeared in his hands. His ruined corpse had become the vessel of the Angel. Some of the sense of terrible presence was gone.

‘It has not fully manifested,’ Drake shouted. ‘It cannot draw on its full power. We can still overcome it.’
The corpse advanced towards us. The flesh of the right cheek had been ripped away to expose grinning teeth. It looked evil and terrible and filled with awful wrath. Macharius raced to meet it, chainsword screaming in his hand. The daemon parried the blow with its weapon. It seemed impossible something so insubstantial could parry a weapon as solid as a chainsword but it did. It struck back, blade flickering forwards impossibly fast, a line of fire searing Macharius’s cheek.

Drake and his psykers started to chant then. A glow surrounded Macharius, of the sort you see depicted in religious paintings of the Emperor and his primarchs. It was the first time I had ever seen it in reality. I swear a halo of light had appeared around Macharius’s head. He looked like a saint made flesh, which was in its way reassuring; to survive this we were going to need the assistance of a saint and more even than that.
The Angel parried Macharius’s blade with its sword of fire. If anything, its attacks were even faster than the general’s. I was surprised that anything could live when faced by the full fury of its onslaught. Every time that fiery blade licked out it seemed to impact upon the general’s armour. And yet, Macharius did not burn. It took me some time to realise why. He was being protected by the power of our own psykers.
To summarize the above:
  • Daemon didn't cause the effects, a Ritual did
  • The Daemon was being sucked into the warp the entire time weakening it
  • It had to possess a dead guy to even move
  • Macharius was amped by dozens of Psykers to fight the nerfed daemon
He has literally zero justification for this scaling. At all. He couldn't even fight a nerfed daemon possessing a dead man without being turbo charge.

The Change

His best feat is fighting a Dark Eldar 1 vs 1 and being able to match with it. Later on he also decapitates a Dark Eldar.

So his new rating should be something like this
  • " At most Small Building level+ (Clashed with a Dark Eldar and later decapiated one. Dark Eldar can regularly battle Space Marines, albiet they are physically weaker than them)"
His FTL stuff would also get removed and he would remain as Subsonic.

Made the changes. So I'll close this thread.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back