• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So would a weapon do no damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh, I don't think that's realistic... at all. The only reason a bullet won't work if you shoot it underwater is because there's a very physical barrier absorbing most of the impact (Water). I 100% Guarantee you that if you blast a Bull Shark out of water with a Deagle, their head would be blown off.

Well, a problem with our tiering system is that it is not able to take piercing damage into account. This creates problems when focused on the real world.

Let me revise my first comment.

Shark

Striking Strength:
Wall Class (It has a bite force of 6,000 N, stronger than any other extant shark)

Durability: Wall level (Able to survive bites from other sharks and other deadly fish)

This seems to suggest it's durability is at least = to the force similar sharks output. However, "surviving bites" means that they in fact get bitten, which does not in the slightest bit represent what durability actually is. Durability is a shark biting you and breaking all its teeth off.

Now force = opposite force, but the spread of energy over the surface area that the shark's bite force affects < the incredibly small surface area of the head of a bullet. Pretty much apply the inverse square law here.

Desert Eagle

"Fired from a standard six-inch Desert Eagle barrel, Speer's 300-grain load produces a muzzle velocity of over 1,500 ft/s, giving a muzzle energy of over 1,500 ftÔïàlb (2,000 J)."

1500 ft/lb =~ 6672 newtons which would smoke the shark, given it's not underwater.

Besides, our AP system is measured in energy, not force, so idk how well that shark sizes up in terms of energy.

Well, do you have any suggestions for how to rate it then?

Sorry for butting in & asking, but what exactly is piercing damage in this context? A bullet carries energy. AFAIK, this is often from the spin of the bullet, the speed it's moving, the heat, & the force at which it was expelled.

Presumably, if you threw a hacky-sack hard enough, it might be able to pierce someone, right? It'd have to be extraordinarily hard, & maybe isn't something that a human could reasonably do in real life, but if it pierced & damaged, is that piercing damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back