• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Tower of God issue.

Currently we have Madness Manip/Fear Manipulation listed on their profiles as passive (I could be misunderstanding the profiles)

While Shinsoo does technically passively induce it's affects in the area it doesn't cause people madness/fear it causes them intense pain.

In the scan used for the CRT where Madness/Fear was accepted, Lero-Ro asks his victim if he is feeling pain and he clearly reacts in intense pain to being flooded with Shinsoo. Said pain does cause him despair but it's mostly due to the victim realising he cannot achieve any of his (in verse specifically) goals, he can no longer climb the tower which is literally the entire point of his/everyone's existence in the world.

It should be noted as well that Shinsoo users can flood Shinsoo into the area causing it's effects to be passive but it is still an active decision the user has to make, they do not constantly and passively emit Shinsoo from their bodies.

TLDR: Shinsoo users can utilise an ability similar to Reatsu Crush or Nen Crush but it only causes intense pain and it's not strictly passive.

Yes, I agree with this overall, while the shinsoo effects are still passive, it is necessary for the user to make it possible, it is not something automatic from their bodies.

One off topic thing, you can ignore it if you want, but I never thought I could say, lol nope Shinsoo Crush in a vs match and didn't even expect that we could have the Tower of God version of Reatsu Crush or Nen Crush in the past.

What about Madness/Fear? it seems to only cause pain at least from the scan you provided. Do you have any other scans of it causing madness/fear?

When Lero-ro was doing was causing the guy pain there would be no need for the talk about infinite possibilities and despair, the pain should be just a side effect. The guy's behaviour should also serve as further proof of fear/madness, despite being surrounded by shinsoo he was only holding his head, crying and sceaming and recovered quickly after the flow of shinsoo stoped, if Lero-ro was causing him physical pain he should be incapacitated even after the shinsoo stoped.

Lero-ro specifically asks him if he is in pain. The 'Despair' is due to him realising he is not chosen and cannot climb the tower. He also is clearly affected after the Shinsoo stops and is coughing/breathing heavily which is consistant with feeling pain. The opposite is actually more likely to be true. If he was truly madness haxed/fear haxed (especially madness) he wouldn't recover instantly from it as you indicate.

Not entirely, the guy's despair was that he was unable to withstand the concentration of shinsoo that is normal from the 30th floor to above and realizing the limit of his resistance to shinsoo that even after Lero-ro stop using shinsoo on him, was still affecting him.

If this is not Fear/Madness hax, could it be considered Pain Manipulation? Since he was being in such pain to the point of cry and vomit.

Yes thats the whole point of my post. It inflicts intense debilitating pain in those without resistance. Unless you have another scan to show madness/fear

This is the only moment in the whole webtoon that shows something close to fear/madness manipulation, since so far any relevant character, that appears in ToG is able to resist these effects from the 30th floor and above.

Honestly, I am happy that madness/fear hax can be withdrawn, as it would not be possible to do a properly vs match ups because of that (although we now have Pain Manipulation, but it is not completely automatic anyway)

Yes they would have immense pain tolerance or resistance to pain manipulation. I think resistance to Pain Manip is more appropriate.

Back