• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Jaco CRT

Just saw Jaco's profile and saw this on his profile:

Attack Potency: Moon level (KO'ed a Frieza Soldier), higher with his spaceship

Speed: Relativistic (Faster than Frieza's Soldiers, who should be comparable to Raditz). Massively FTL+ travel speed with his spaceship

However, why would defeating a Frieza Soldier would automatically scale him to Raditz?

Reasons:

1. The Saiyans contributed half of the Frieza Force's power, while having only a few thousand saiyans at most on planet Vegeta. The Dragon Ball minus manga also states that The Saiyan's power is unmatched in the Frieza Force (Aside from a select few higher ranked members such Cui, Dodoria, Zarbon and the Ginyu Force)

2. Most Saiyans are Low-Class warriors, including Kakarot and Bardock, while Raditz was born with high enough power level to be considered a mid-class warrior, and later join Vegeta and Nappa's Elite group, making him far stronger than the average low class saiyan warriors, who consisted of almost the entirety of the saiyan race

3. Jaco himself mentioned that although Galactic Patrolmen like him were considered "super-elite", he still say that he would be easily defeated by an adult saiyan warrior. And considering that most saiyans are low class warriors, this is another indication that he's nowhere near Raditz's level

Conclusion:

Jaco shouldn't scale to Raditz at all. No idea what tier he should be instead though. That should probably be discussed in the CRT

Frieza zarbon and dodoria we're confident the average soldier could take on the 3 namek warriors when they thought their PL was 1000 each , which should put them above BoZ piccolo , so Jaco's tier shouldn't change , just his justification

Probably Moon still, most Frieza grunts have a PL in the hundreds iirc.
Which should be above early Roshi and Piccolo.

Just change his justification.

Frieza zarbon and dodoria we're confident the average soldier could take on the 3 namek warriors when they thought their PL was 1000 each , which should put them above BoZ piccolo , so Jaco's tier shouldn't change , just his justification
I'm pretty sure Frieza sent his best soldiers to retrieve the Dragon Balls as this was a top priority mission for him

Probably Moon still, most Frieza grunts have a PL in the hundreds iirc.
Which should be above early Roshi and Piccolo.

Just change his justification.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I do think they should be above Master Roshi and King Piccolo

I don't ever recall it being stated that Raditz is mid class; both Vegeta and Nappa said he was only a low class. And his is slightly above average though. I also heard Frieza soldiers need to have a PL of 1000 at minimum to be allowed as a worthy candidate in Frieza's army. Which him taking on 170 of them would still be a decent feat in that regard.

I don't ever recall it being stated that Raditz is mid class; both Vegeta and Nappa said he was only a low class. And his is slightly above average though. I also heard Frieza soldiers need to have a PL of 1000 at minimum to be allowed as a worthy candidate in Frieza's army. Which him taking on 170 of them would still be a decent feat in that regard.
low class.
Yeah in regards to Saiyans (Though even technically then, with the Broly movie, Raditz is actually way above average. The elite Saiyans had like 3-5k while the weak ones were triple digits).

Jaco only ever took on one soldier in canon though. And he took him out by surprise attack, while he (the troop) was scared and running from Gohan. Also specified he was only going to fight the small fry's.
Jaco Vs. Troops played out very differently in canon.

Though the 1000pl thing I don't recall being said ever, especially when a 1500 Gohan and Krillin casually stomped some soldiers without trying.

Last edited:
Makes sense, especially if the statement about him being weaker than an adult saiyan is true.

Imho, I'd like to see actual evidences for the average Frieza soldiers being 5-C (statements or scaling) rather than using guesswork of them supposedly being stronger than Roshi and Piccolo or having a certain power level.

Unknown stats are always an option, btw.

Makes sense, especially if the statement about him being weaker than an adult saiyan is true.

Imho, I'd like to see actual evidences for the average Frieza soldiers being 5-C (statements or scaling) rather than using guesswork of them supposedly being stronger than Roshi and Piccolo or having a certain power level.

Unknown stats are always an option, btw.
frieza zarbon and dodoria considered them to be strong enough to deal with namekians when they thought their PL was 1000

Right, I also did check a few moments ago.

I remember reading somewhere (not just in this thread) that only elite soldiers were sent on Namek, but without confirmation of it, treating them as average soldiers should be good.

Here.
Maybe it's not worthy of mention, but an old namekian was able to oneshot a soldier, but he probaby had a power level even or superior to 1000.

Here.
Maybe it's not worthy of mention, but an old namekian was able to oneshot a soldier, but he probaby had a power level even or superior to 1000.
Nothing really says they're just average fodders. The soldiers with Dodoria were likely more high ranked since they went with him

But how can we be sure of it? If there's mention of them actually being high-ranked soldiers, then it should be found.

And, thinking of it, this is also a Merus CRT, as he, in his mortal form, scales to Jaco. (movie Jaco though, as RoF film is canon to the manga just like the Broly movie is).

But how can we be sure of it? If there's mention of them actually being high-ranked soldiers, then it should be found.

And, thinking of it, this is also a Merus CRT, as he, in his mortal form, scales to Jaco. (movie Jaco though, as RoF film is canon to the manga just like the Broly movie is).
Yeah you can say that too

Though Jaco in RoF was terrified of the Frieza Force and decided to cower near his ship rather than to fight

Though Jaco in RoF was terrified of the Frieza Force and decided to cower near his ship rather than to fight
Isn't his fight against the Frieza Force much more expanded in the movie, while the anime shows him only kicking one?
And thinking of it, Jaco kicking a soldier wouldn't properly scale, if said kick didn't kill/kock him out, as in DB it's quite common for weaker characters to hit stronger one in order to distract or restrain them. See Piccolo kicking away Final Form Frieza, Tien with Cell and Buu, 18 and 17 with Moro and possibly other instances I don't remember. Reading through Jaco's manga could give some useful hint, but I've been able to find only the first chapter, where he just kills a huge fish.

Would it be possible to scale them to Jiya's Battle Suit or is that a no-go?
Is Jiya canon to DB? And isn't his Battle Suit something all Galactic Patrol Members have? Because Jaco and Merus don't seem to be wearing one, but I may be missing something, as I don't know Jiya that much.

If I recall correctly, Jaco the Galatic Patrolman, Jiya, and Sachie-chan Guu!! are all part of the same series of side-stories, which would make the other two canon through Jaco. The Jiya manga also introduced the Galactic King and is also the reason he is currently rated as 5-B.

Jump SQ May 2008 "Sachie-chan GOOD!! Collaboration One-Shot Talk"
Katsura:
Toriyama-san, you took a liking to my designs for the Galactic Patrol, didn’t you? You could write something in connection with that.

Toriyama:
That’s good! If it’s just the storyboard, I could go for as much as I please.
(laughs)

I think that to end this someone should find a scan of Jaco saiying he can't defeat an adult saiyan.
Then we put the Frieza soldiers at 5-C for being unimpressed by a power level of 1000, of someone finds a scan saiying that those on Namek were élite class, stronger than the random one that went on Earth.

But apparently, in the anime Jaco only kicked away one of them (I can't find a video of the scene), which isn't a good indication of power, as even Piccolo managed to kick away Final Form Frieza, and the two are far from being comparable.

Overall, I see Jaco being Unknown, possibly 5-C if the soldiers on Namek are strong as those on Earth.

in the anime Jaco only kicked away one of them

Im at work but if you wanna wait till later I can grab the scene.
Unless you got crunchyroll or don't mind pirating shit, in which case it becomes a lot less difficult to find.

I'd be glad if you could find it, and there's no hurry.
Take all the time you need and thank you!

Back