• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Asta Abilities Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i don't find it quiet accurate if you just assuming the first image in that pannel to be an afterimage there are several times artist used to demonstrate the movement like this .

This is not Afterimage Creation, it's just Tabata showing two instances of Asta blocking Magna's fireballs in a single panel. It's a common thing to do in manga

This is not Afterimage Creation, it's just Tabata showing two instances of Asta blocking Magna's fireballs in a single panel. It's a common thing to do in manga
It is also.... An after image, I mean the criteria for after image creation on the wiki is as simple as "an artistic effect where a character appears to leave faint silhouettes behind them"

It is also.... An after image, I mean the criteria for after image creation on the wiki is as simple as "an artistic effect where a character appears to leave faint silhouettes behind them"
Not every time that happens is meant to be an afterimage. It's also just a part of showing motion in a static manga.

Not every time that happens is meant to be an afterimage. It's also just a part of showing motion in a static manga.
That is also another example on the after image creation page "these are usually used to emphasize fast movement". Asta is moving fast here, hence "after image creation"

That is also another example on the after image creation page "these are usually used to emphasize fast movement". Asta is moving fast here, hence "after image creation"
No, u aren't understanding, what asta doing is just artistic way of demonstrating his movements and not an actual afterimage.

No, u aren't understanding, what asta doing is just artistic way of demonstrating his movements and not an actual afterimage.
Its an artistic way of showing he's moving fast (because he has to be) and hence, after image.

I don't agree with Afterimage Creation.

It's just Tabata's way of showcasing dynamic movement in a static medium like Manga.

Afterimage Creation is reserved for instances of characters creating silhouettes of themselves by sheer movement alone, with that being achieved either by pure physical movement, or through abilities.

Asta, while visually assumed to be creating an "afterimage", isn't actually doing that. He's just moving and doing multiple actions quickly, which Tabata shows by drawing said multiple actions occurring on a single panel. Thus giving the impression of an afterimage, but in reality, he's just showcasing multiple actions occurring very quickly.

Womp womp

In addition to all the yapping above me. "After image" isn't even useful in battle.

A lot of stuff give off after images irl, do we then just give those random things after image? Nope.

Disagree.

Asta’s not leaving a silhouette. This is just Tabata showing dynamic movement in a static medium

My tone? You need to learn to walk before you run. You can't even read before you write a CRT 🤣
Had to change my signature to all anime fans cause of this... Jesus, there hasn't been one anime CRT where the verses supporters aren't complete dicks for no reason. You guys need lives if you can't talk to people with basic respect 😭

I don’t think any of the supporters were being rude besides Josh so idk where the plural “you guys” is coming from

Speaking of which, though: Josh and Vzearr, could you both please chill out? And yes, I’m saying both of you because Josh was the bigger offender but Vzearr was most definitely instigating with the whole “your opinion was very needed!!!” at the start. Everyone’s free to comment on CRTs

Speaking of which, though: Josh and Vzearr, could you both please chill out? And yes, I’m saying both of you because Josh was the bigger offender but Vzearr was most definitely instigating with the whole “your opinion was very needed!!!” at the start. Everyone’s free to comment on CRTs
Okay dude, can you close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back