• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slashing feats questions

Mr_Sugabz

He/Him
What formula should be used to find the energy of a splitting feat like these 4, is it Tensile Strength or Pulverisation?

Tensile strength is LS, not AP.

Pulverization should be used if it is a clean cut. V. frag if it is not a clean cut but leaves very little debris behind.

Cutting Feats = Blade thickness x Cross-sectional Area of the Cut x Compressive strength or Pulv. Strength of the Material

Is with this, if I cut a tubular iron pole, the formula is:
The surface area of the circle (2πr) × the thickness of the object used to cut (sword) × destruction value of the material, right?

x Compressive strength or Pulv. Strength of the Material
Btw your dissertation says Compressive Strength or Pulverization, which one is correct? Or, are they both the same? I'm confused, can you explain?

Is with this, if I cut a tubular iron pole, the formula is:
The surface area of the circle (2πr) × the thickness of the object used to cut (sword) × destruction value of the material, right?
Correct.

Btw your dissertation says Compressive Strength or Pulverization, which one is correct? Or, are they both the same? I'm confused, can you explain?
Both are the same thing here.

Then how about the thickness in feats 1&4?

Does Feats 1 use the thickness of his ankle diameter?

Then for feat 4, does it still use the thickness of the sword as the thickness of the area of destruction? In my opinion, no. Because, after the object is split, the tower is still in its stationary position.

Then how about the thickness in feats 1&4?

Does Feats 1 use the thickness of his ankle diameter?
YE

Then for feat 4, does it still use the thickness of the sword as the thickness of the area of destruction? In my opinion, no. Because, after the object is split, the tower is still in its stationary position.
That really doesn't mean much. It just means the cut is super thin. In which case we use blade edge thickness, which is even thinner than the actual blade spine.

Take note you should use the blade edge thickness only when the blade does not come into contact with the actual object being cut.

If the blade does cut the object by coming into contact with it physically, then you use the overall blade thickness that includes the spine (As the blade would need room to move through the object in this case)

Back