• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Silver The Hedgehog vs Katsuki Bakugo

Screenshot-2022-04-06-10-48-06-PM.png

Silver The Hedgehog (Zombot Saga) vs Katsuki Bakugo (Endeavor Agency Arc)
Speed equalized
Both are in-character
Starting distance: 800 meters

Silver: 1 (@Baken384)
Bakugo: 0
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I figure Bakugo could fire off an attack at Silver while being lifted in the air by him to temporarily cause him to let go. This is in character, and unless it's a robot from Eggman (or someone who impedes in the way of him saving the future), he generally opts for restraining the opponent rather than outright rag-dolling them immediately. Bakugo's a complete stranger in this case, so I think him simply trying to restrain Bakugo, or BFR'ing him (Wouldn't be a very effective BFR, as he only throws the opponent several kilometers, which Bakugo can certainly cover before he loses via BFR) first seems more likely. This should give Bakugo at least a chance to pull off some moves.

No way Bakugo can fire out explosions that could remotely hurt Silver if he just uses his Class T Telekinesis that has a 2 kilometer range. Silver just needs to stay out of his range of his explosions.

Plus if Bakugo is gonna go balls out and hit Silver with his explosions, wouldn't that opt Silver to actually destroy Bakugo since he can assume that Bakugo is gonna try taking him down with his explosions? I don't see Bakugoat doing anything here unfortunately other than injuring Silver a bit before he shreds him like a piece of paper.

No way Bakugo can fire out explosions that could remotely hurt Silver if he just uses his Class T Telekinesis that has a 2 kilometer range. Silver just needs to stay out of his range of his explosions.
With the starting range being 600 meters and Bakugo having explosions with kilometers of range, I think it's certainly possible for Bakugo to fire off an attack. However, this depends on how he's restrained. There are times when the opponent seems stiff (Expected when the person is being restrained by Psychokinesis), and times when they can freely move their limbs while being lifted by his Psychokinesis.

If Silver goes for a BFR, launching him Kilometers away, Bakugo gets a chance to approach this better. It would be wise of him to use Howitzer Impact, which is around 5x higher than Silver's durability, which would significantly injure him.

If Bakugo severely injured Silver, then I do see Silver opting for just shredding him with his Psychokinesis due to him being an apparent immediate threat. If Bakugo's firing off his normal explosions, I don't think Silver would opt for the kill right away. Silver hardly kills at all. When he fights Eggman robots, he smashes them up. But he hasn't once killed any person. Even villains. He'd expect some resistance after all. So he may just switch to trying to knock Bakugo unconscious if he uses normal explosions due to them being beneath Silver's AP.

Essentially, Silver would start with restraining, likely BFR'ing, from which Bakugo can recover, giving him a better opportunity to try and approach the psychic. Regular explosions wouldn't do much at all, and Silver would switch to trying to knock him out. A Howitzer Impact would cause significant damage, even if Silver deployed a forcefield (Which completely protected him and Sonic from an explosion meant to kill them, however, it left Silver completely drained, so it would actually be disadvantageous to block it). Silver would likely immediately switch to lethal force after this so as to not be killed himself.

I do see Silver winning in the end, but not without suffering a moderate injury due to how he fights in character (Not wanting to kill living beings under normal circumstances).

I mean.. What is stopping Silver from stopping Bakugo from using Howitzer Impact? Silver can easily see Bakugo charging up his howitzer impact and would eventually rush towards him with his ultimate move, he would then use his telekinesis to stop Bakugo right in his tracks and begins to throw him away again or just smash him to the ground.

Even if he were to hit it I guess, like you said Silver would be moderately damaged and all and would eventually shred him. If this isn't a stomp for SIlver then I vote for Silver.

I mean.. What is stopping Silver from stopping Bakugo from using Howitzer Impact? Silver can easily see Bakugo charging up his howitzer impact and would eventually rush towards him with his ultimate move, he would then use his telekinesis to stop Bakugo right in his tracks and begins to throw him away again or just smash him to the ground.
I was under the assumption that Silver wouldn't predict Bakugo running all the way back to the battlefield after throwing him like a few kilometers away. I also presumed Bakugo would try to take advantage of knowing his opponents' range and try to take a more stealthy approach as to not alert him (As that would result in him just being caught again). Assuming he pulls off Howitzer Impact, it does cause significant damage to Silver, however, if Silver, assuming sees it at the last second, may put up a force field. Assuming he does, that may cost him most of his energy. The last time he used his barrier to tank an explosion intended to kill someone of his strength (Though Eggman believed they could survive it), it completely drained him of stamina, causing him to immediately collapse.

That would be a possible win-con for Bakugo, causing Silver to waste all or maybe just most of his energy guarding against a Howitzer Impact assuming he can pull it off.

I think Silver's more likely to be hit by it if Bakugo does pull it off under conditions (like the one suggested above), and then apply lethal psychokinesis against him, from which he crushes Bakugo.

If Bakugo chooses to just use normal explosions, Silver's likely just going to restrain him more and beat him until he's unconcious.

I think Silver winning is far more likely, though I do think Bakugo winning is a distinct probability.

I've gotta head to bed, and I'll be sure to add your vote before doing so.

Except for AP when accounting for Howitzer Impact and also what looks like an inferior intellect in combat
1. That was the referenced one attack, howitzer isn’t some sort of transformation it’s a one and done
2. Combat intellect isnt going to help against Class T telekinesis which in silvers case is over a billion times stronger then Katsuki’s LS

Even if The Bakugoat is in his war arc key with his powerful cluster, I still think Silver would shred him because Telekinesis gg

1. That was the referenced one attack, howitzer isn’t some sort of transformation it’s a one and done
While it is one attack, said one attack could nearly defeat Silver immediately, even if he shields from it with Psychokinesis.

2. Combat intellect isnt going to help against Class T telekinesis which in silvers case is over a billion times stronger then Katsuki’s LS
Of course, it's not going to help against Class T Psychokinesis, though it will allow him to pull off a move if he gets the chance (Such as if he's tossed, which is likely given Silver wouldn't immediately go for a kill).

Of course, it's not going to help against Class T Psychokinesis, though it will allow him to pull off a move if he gets the chance (Such as if he's tossed, which is likely given Silver wouldn't immediately go for a kill).
Bakugou wouldn’t get a chance, we saw in the sports festival, in WHM, etc etc, that he needs to do an obvious tell. And unlike most other combatants which would need to grab him physically Silver can just grab from a range.

Last edited:
Bakugou wouldn’t get a chance, we saw in the sports festival, in WHM, etc etc, that he needs to do an obvious tell. And unlike most other combatants which would need to grab him physically Silver can just grab from a range.
If Silver flings him Kilometers away, and doesn't expect him to return, that allows Bakugo, if he's smart enough to approach for a sneak attack. Is the attack so noticeable that you couldn't possibly sneak up from behind someone and launch it before they notice and turn around?

Is the attack so noticeable that you couldn't possibly sneak up from behind someone and launch it before they notice and turn around?
bro bakugo's attacks literally produce explosions that should cause some noise and create a shitton of smoke, of course Silver would notice this guy is charging up his ultimate move.

If Silver flings him Kilometers away, and doesn't expect him to return, that allows Bakugo, if he's smart enough to approach for a sneak attack. Is the attack so noticeable that you couldn't possibly sneak up from behind someone and launch it before they notice and turn around?
It is a massive tornado of fire and smoke. I can’t find a good gif to show its charge up so I’ll link the serpenter vs Bakugou fight. Go to 1:44

Do you think it'd be better to use Paranormal Liberation War Arc? Also, are you voting for Silver as of right now?

Do you think it'd be better to use Paranormal Liberation War Arc? Also, are you voting for Silver as of right now?
No, Bakugou still doesn’t have a chance to do anything. And no, not voting silver I’m voting that this is a complete and utter stomp

No, Bakugou still doesn’t have a chance to do anything. And no, not voting silver I’m voting that this is a complete and utter stomp
I think this would fall into more of a decisive win as opposed to an utter stomp. At least based on what I just saw on the stomp thread.

Under "Common examples of a Decisive/Non-Stomp Match"

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
In this case, Bakugo's explosions can significantly harm Silver, and if Silver tried to block it with a shield, he'd immediately lose most of his stamina and hardly be able to fight. However, Silver's winning move (psychokinesis) is more likely to activate first.

If Bakugo had absolutely no way to win, as in his explosions couldn't harm Silver (Due to being far beneath his dura) or exploit his weakness of him losing stamina from blocking a really powerful attack, then it would qualify as a stomp. It would be more so that way if I used Bakugo's next key.

I think this would fall into more of a decisive win as opposed to an utter stomp. At least based on what I just saw on the stomp thread.

Under "Common examples of a Decisive/Non-Stomp Match"

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
In this case, Bakugo's explosions can significantly harm Silver, and if Silver tried to block it with a shield, he'd immediately lose most of his stamina and hardly be able to fight. However, Silver's winning move (psychokinesis) is more likely to activate first.

If Bakugo had absolutely no way to win, as in his explosions couldn't harm Silver (Due to being far beneath his dura) or exploit his weakness of him losing stamina from blocking a really powerful attack, then it would qualify as a stomp. It would be more so that way if I used Bakugo's next key.
thats the problem. He doesn’t.
Bakugou’s Explosion dura neg but they don’t go through shields or solid objects.
Howizter needs to be CHARGED And is only 5.2x stronger then silver. That isn’t an instant win button, it’s a good starter for a win, but it isn’t an instant win for him. And also it’s a SINGULAR attack. Right after using it he goes back to using 4.22 KT explosions
Silver can just grab him at any moment during the charge or even during the USE OF IT, he’s always vulnerable if you can hit him during it.

And silver could block it with a shield, his shield breaking isn’t going to Make the explosion hurt more it’s gonna cushion it. Even if we assume it takes a 1/5 of the explosion (due to being Around or higher then silvers durability) Bakugou still couldn’t one shot him

Last edited:
Also silver just doing telekinetic crush GG is completely in character for him to do as stated in standard tactics.

Silver’s failure of power comes from weight not taking attacks. If his shield breaks so what, he can just make a new one

thats the problem. He doesn’t.
Bakugou’s Explosion dura neg but they don’t go through shields or solid objects.
Howizter needs to be CHARGED And is only 5.2x stronger then silver. That isn’t an instant win button, it’s a good starter for a win, but it isn’t an instant win for him.
Silver can just grab him at any moment during the charge or even during the USE OF IT, he’s always vulnerable if you can hit him during it.
My point wasn't that it can't go through his shield, it was that if Silver did block it, he'd be rendered nearly crippled, hardly able to fight. Like the time I mentioned where he blocked an explosion meant to kill him with zero damage, but immediately gave out after, not even being able to stand right, much less fight back.

If it can cause significant damage, then it can also be used as a win-con, as it could easily cause significant damage to him. Meaning it's also capable of K.O.'ing killing Silver. This is again, a win-con here. It's just that Silver's abilities more reliably activate their winning moves first. It doesn't need to one-shot to be a win-con, being able to knock out or kill the opponent with a move is good enough.

As for Silver being able to grab him and interrupt the attack, that again falls under the ladder of Silver can more reliably activate his winning move first as listed under a decisive match condition.
Also silver just doing telekinetic crush GG is completely in character for him to do as stated in standard tactics.
That's his standard tactics for enemies he's willing to destroy. He's only ever used such techniques against robots, and only two at that in IDW. Every other time, he's shown to just restrain the target or toss them away. Not crush them to death.

And silver could block it with a shield, his shield breaking isn’t going to Make the explosion hurt more it’s gonna cushion it. Even if we assume it takes a 1/5 of the explosion (due to being Around or higher then silvers durability) Bakugou still couldn’t one shot him
Silver’s failure of power comes from weight not taking attacks. If his shield breaks so what, he can just make a new one
If he tried to use his shield to tank his Howitzer impact, it's unlikely he could create another shield. I already explained before, but the one time he did use his shield to protect him and Sonic from a blast that would've nearly killed them, he was immediately rendered powerless:

ewUeywdwx50ZauR-BSgel4IMq8hBh6ga01WvZUAzzrIbniq_SXrGLnRj7C4QA2DAf0DeYLYnJxiFDBFhG7_CKb8yhpZRMws9ncLJ2OMSC7pK0QWzO6fWwwq-HXIlf01WJ846cJMHtQ=s1600

How's he casually going to summon more shields if blocking it once would already tire him out a lot? Can't really shield spam when the difference was that large. If it were like a 2 or maybe 3x difference at most, maybe he could shield spam, but anything beyond that? That seems to be an overestimation of his ability.

My point wasn't that it can't go through his shield, it was that if Silver did block it, he'd be rendered nearly crippled, hardly able to fight. Like the time I mentioned where he blocked an explosion meant to kill him with zero damage, but immediately gave out after, not even being able to stand right, much less fight back.

If it can cause significant damage, then it can also be used as a win-con, as it could easily cause significant damage to him. Meaning it's also capable of K.O.'ing killing Silver. This is again, a win-con here. It's just that Silver's abilities more reliably activate their winning moves first. It doesn't need to one-shot to be a win-con, being able to knock out or kill the opponent with a move is good enough.

As for Silver being able to grab him and interrupt the attack, that again falls under the ladder of Silver can more reliably activate his winning move first as listed under a decisive match condition.

That's his standard tactics for enemies he's willing to destroy. He's only ever used such techniques against robots, and only two at that in IDW. Every other time, he's shown to just restrain the target or toss them away. Not crush them to death.

If he tried to use his shield to tank his Howitzer impact, it's unlikely he could create another shield. I already explained before, but the one time he did use his shield to protect him and Sonic from a blast that would've nearly killed them, he was immediately rendered powerless:

ewUeywdwx50ZauR-BSgel4IMq8hBh6ga01WvZUAzzrIbniq_SXrGLnRj7C4QA2DAf0DeYLYnJxiFDBFhG7_CKb8yhpZRMws9ncLJ2OMSC7pK0QWzO6fWwwq-HXIlf01WJ846cJMHtQ=s1600

How's he casually going to summon more shields if blocking it once would already tire him out a lot? Can't really shield spam when the difference was that large. If it were like a 2 or maybe 3x difference at most, maybe he could shield spam, but anything beyond that? That seems to be an overestimation of his ability.
Then Wouldn’t the chain be Silver Blocks and is nearly dead —> Bakugou proceeds to keep ripping into him with dura neg explosions

Then Wouldn’t the chain be Silver Blocks and is nearly dead —> Bakugou proceeds to keep ripping into him with dura neg explosions
Yes, assuming Silver blocks it and Bakugo could pull it off, I think that's possible. I can't really tell you how powerful the explosion was, and I don't think I can just assume it's 7.5x higher than his dura due to vs wiki one-shot standards, tho given it was intended to kill them, but Eggman believed Sonic could survive implies it would've nearly killed them in a single shot and Silver blocked it but passed out. I guess in this case, Silver would be in better condition afterward, but severely weakened, and he certainly wouldn't be able to spam the shield after given he'd barely have any fight in him left. Meaning from there it would be far more in Bakugo's favor.

Though as you've been saying, Silver's ability can more reliably be activated first since... y'know, Psychokinesis, and would allow a win more times than not.

That's why I don't think it's a complete stomp, but rather one-sided in Silver's favor. It's not like Bakugo has zero win-cons and has no way to hurt or exploit Silver's weakneses. It's just not very likely due to how fast Silver resorts to Psychokinesis and how fast he is to activate it.

Back