• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Second22

They/Them
Match Rules:
  • Both are 9-A​
  • Speed will be equalized
  • No Prep Time or Information of each other​
  • Both start 10 meters away from each other​
  • In character​
  • Weapon
    • Shugen : Fuributsu Kaneki
    • Goo Kim : Katana
E5x-pKhUYAIPpGO
acf3713336fd0ad8943a19a84dbb388b.jpg

CharacterAttack Potency:Votes
Shugen0.0184 Tons of TNT

Second22, Ciruno_Fortes_(COB)

Goo Kim0.038 Tons of TNT

RemainsAE

Last edited:
Biggest downside here is the fact that goo will take awhile to get serious. But, I think Goo outclasses with range, experience, and likely skill if he is anywhere relative to Gun. I vote Goo high diff

They're about even in range. Goo's skilled with a lot of stuff but his opponent is no slouch. I don't think getting serious quickly is an issue since the moment an enemy has a sharp weapon Goo tends to try and grab it and get serious fast. Or you know you can give him a katana which makes him go all out on the get go.

Goo's resistance to AP is more based on how Johan reads movements, so it's not really effective against someone who can see the future (IE similar to what Jake did). Also skill wise they really should be even, being considered prodigies. Damage boost might mean he can land a fatal hit and in Jigokuraku they love disarming.

Not voting yet though

Biggest downside here is the fact that goo will take awhile to get serious. But, I think Goo outclasses with range, experience, and likely skill if he is anywhere relative to Gun. I vote Goo high diff
What is his experience with using swords? and about range Shugen, there is a sword technique that can increase the range, like this and this. As for Skill Shogen, there are up to 5 sword techniques and can change the techniques according to the situation. He learned a lot of swordsmanship from other Yamadas.

He could sense Tao, know where to hit would have the greatest effect.

Jigokuraku they love disarming.
Shugen only used to take off his sword when he came to Paradis, after that he used it all the time.

What is his experience with using swords? and about range Shugen, there is a sword technique that can increase the range, like this and this. As for Skill Shogen, there are up to 5 sword techniques and can change the techniques according to the situation. He learned a lot of swordsmanship from other Yamadas.

He could sense Tao, know where to hit would have the greatest effect.

Shugen only used to take off his sword when he came to Paradis, after that he used it all the time.
I need to update goos profile, but let me list some stuff

• Could beat Sinu Han while just using chopsticks
  • One of the ten verse geniuses
  • Could defeat hundreds of grown gangmembers at 16
  • Is the heir to the korean sword which is prlly why he likes them
  • Since he can turn anything he touches into a weapon that shows how he has an insane mastery in weapons

Now his real fighting style is not shown nor his true strength or skill

But, just due to the fact of him being Charles bodyguard and a verse genius puts him above nearly all of PTJ in skill

Also the AP advantage and how he scales a great amount above that vasco feat. If goo were to have his katana he would just start out serious.

Last edited:
This is for Shugen
  • The strongest member of the Yamada possessing more practical skill with a blade than any other.
  • Shugen can adapt quickly to different situations, such as when he had his less-dominant arm amputated, he changed his center of gravity and switched to using sword skills with his non-dominant arm.
  • Shugen has knowledge of human anatomy. Just by looking he knew exactly where to attack and knew Tao could sense the opponent's life force. Knowing where to hit can end the opponent's life.
  • He was able to fight Gabimaru, who has the most hand to hand combat skills in the manga, and Rien for a long time with just one arm.
  • He could see or read the movement analysis with Tao, so his movement reading would Completely different from Lookism.
  • He was able to quickly recognize his opponent's weaknesses. even if it's not human
  • He has excellent intuition.
  • He could quickly change his sword technique to match the opponent he encountered
in AP Shugen = Gabimaru use Tao >>> Gabimaru without Tao. He also possessed various techniques that increased his strength and speed.

Last edited:
My opinion Calculations do not provide very accurate energy. Due to Pixel scaling and guessing the size of the steel ball, but both feats destroy both large steel balls. Generally I don't think they have that much AP difference.

Last edited:
Well its not a pixel scale just using average of a wreking ball, and the feat is done by someone much weaker than goo.

My vote stay with Goo mostly due to ap

Well its not a pixel scale just using average of a wreking ball, and the feat is done by someone much weaker than goo.

My vote stay with Goo mostly due to ap
Finally, AP didn't differ much. Shugen = Gabimaru when using Tao >>> Gabimaru when not using Tao, and he can still increase his AP and speed using various techniques. From what I've seen, Goo Kim is only superior in terms of AP, while Shugen is far superior in terms of speed, ability, sword techniques, and range.

Finally, AP didn't differ much. Shugen = Gabimaru when using Tao >>> Gabimaru when not using Tao, and he can still increase his AP and speed using various techniques. From what I've seen, Goo Kim is only superior in terms of AP, while Shugen is far superior in terms of speed, ability, sword techniques, and range.
Speed is equalized. And firstly since they start out with weapons Goo will start out serious

That should probably on his profile.
higher with Power Mimicry

It's a technical approach to increase speed. It's normal for each Yamada member to have different techniques for strength and speed. For example, Tenza's technique is focused on speed while Genji's technique is focused on strength. Normally, when he use techniques from other Yamada members, his speed and strength should not be the same.

higher with Power Mimicry

It's a technical approach to increase speed. It's normal for each Yamada member to have different techniques for strength and speed. For example, Tenza's technique is focused on speed while Genji's technique is focused on strength. Normally, when he use techniques from other Yamada members, his speed and strength should not be the same.
Wouldn't that be more Stat amp anyway since theyre swapping to stronger or faster styles? Fair nuff tho

I really have no idea about the opposition but Shugen has multiple different styles he can pull out of his ass on a whim all of which cause him to move different and trick sword masters on his level of skill.

He can also somewhat use Tao which allows him to sense somewhat where someone is going to attack

Back