• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shuckle vs Ryuko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inconclusive. Shuckle can't get past Ryuko's immortality and reactive evolution, but also has too many defensive options for Ryuko to do any substantial damage.

Shuckle wins.

Shuckle's defenses are too high for Ryuko to break through, only increasing even further with withdraw. Moves like Power Split will decrease Ryuko attack, while boosting its own. Allowing it to simultaneously making it even more impossible for Ryuko to bypass and allowing Shuckle to deal more damage.

Shuckle can use a move called toxic that poisons the enemy. As time passes, toxic will begin to deal more and more damage, to the point that it will soon out damage Ryuko's regen.

Since it seems like I've been summoned. I say inconclusive.

Shuckle's base attacks can't do much to Ryuko's dura and regen. Ryuko's attacks can't do much to Shuckle's durability. If Shuckle decides to use his move, he one shots both Ryuko and himself. Also according to Cal, Shuckle can't naturally use Toxic and it doesn't bypass dura. Though I'm not entirely sure with that.

Okay, so first off.... Turtle? I know it has a shell, but.... Given Bulbapedia's Origin section on it, it's more likely based on an endolith , abalone , scale insects ("small, shelled parasites that produce a sweet fluid called honeydew that attracts other insects", says Bulbapedia), or mollusks. Turtles & tortoises & vases also, possibly, but still.

Not to mention its original Japanese name derives from the Japanese words for "jar" & "barnacle".

It's hardly important at all here, but the "Mold" Pokemon in the Bug Egg Group seems like a lot of other things more than it does a turtle, to me. ANYWAY....

SBA means combatants are in-character, but willing to kill.

Going by its Pokedex entries, Shuckle are... not very aggressive. It's stated that, "to avoid attacks, it hides beneath rocks and remains completely still.". They also ferment & eat berries they've stored in their "vase-like" shells, turning the berries into delicious, thick, pulpy juice.

So Shuckle probably starts this match futilely trying to hide from Ryuko, but at least it may be able to keep nourished, especially given its standard equipment being (Oran) Berries, & in later games, flat out Berry Juice.

So, one of the big questions:

What does Gasto Acid do to Ryuko, if anything, given that it "supresses abilities". Would it stop her Regenerationn? (Also, gross, it's its stomach acids. Ew.)

In any case, even if Ryuko's Regenerationn can't be stopped, I think there are some possible options, if this were a very clever Shuckle:

Step 1: Power Split. Now Ryuko's & Shuckles offenses are averaged to be equal.

Step 2: Shell Smash, lowering its defenses a bit to greatly increase its offenses as well as it's irrelevant speed in this match-up.

Step 3: Guard Split: With its defenses now dropped, & according to our own page, to MCBL+ (8-A) level, Shuckle uses Guard Split because its shell is gone & just used a move that lowered its Defenses.

With Guard Split, it averages Ryuko's now higher defenses with is own.

With its shell now gone, or at least somewhat broken, its questionable if it could use Rollout & Withdraw, but thankfully, it probably doesn't need to.

The result of this combo is that Shuckle's now at City Level (7-B) offenses, & has equal defenses with Ryuko. If Gastro Acid can stop her Regenerationn, very little is stopping it from killing her with Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Struggle Bug, Wrap, Constrict, etc.

If Shuckle's especially smart enough, it can lock her into less useful options with Encore, & heal off damage with Rest, as well as by consuming Berries/Berry Juice.

Even if this Ryuko were higher than 7-C, if Shuckle were smart enough to, it could use Power Split to average offenses as well. And again, Guard Split helps against higher defenses.

Admittedly, it may not realize to do this before it takes an attack, & against a Ryuko higher than City Level, Shuckle might go down before it can/will do so... or it does do so & goes down before it can heal. But this IS still 7-C Ryuko, so yeah.

Shuckle's biggest concern is Ryuko's Flight & her weapon possibly being Steel-type & thus, being "Super-Effective" on it. That & running out of stored Berries/Berry Juice.

Other than Wrap, Constrict & Rock-Type move projectiles, & maybe Gastro Acid, it has little answer to Ryuko taking Flight, but she has limited ranged options herself.

I vote Shuckle, High Difficulty.

Shuckle starts with better defenses & if it realizes to use the combo of Power Split, Shell Smash & Guard Split, it can gain a statistical advantage in offense & be equal to her in defenses & still have several attacking options. It can also heal via Rest, berries & Berry Juice. Encore potentially locking her into poor options, Struggle Bug likely weakening some of her ranged attacks....

Even if Gastro Acid can't get rid of her Regenerationn, Shuckle having Berries/Berry Juice & Rest to heal itself, & a good few attacks & Struggle Bug to deal damage & weaken some of Ryuko's ranged attacks may mean it could simply exhaust her for a victory, in spite of Ryuko's Very High Stamina to its own High rating.

This seems like abusing game mechanics honestly.

If Gasto Acid is never shown or at least stated to be able to negate Regenerationn factors, we don't assume it does.

Ryuko has taken massive beatings from people much stronger than Shuckle. Including getting horribly mutilated in the process. Yet she still managed to keep fighting on without much difficulty. Shuckle likely won't tire her out for a win.

The only thing Shuckle has is dura she can't get past. But Ryuko also has dura and regen he can't get past, unless he uses a move that one shots himself. Which is why I went with inconclusive.

Er...Power Trick doesn't make it one-shot itself. It just switches its stats around giving it wonderful attack, but terrible defense. Using Tackle won't kill it. Just that Ryuko would do one-shot damage back.

>At least Mountain Class Striking Strength

>Multi-City Block level+ Durability

>"Turning it from a tank into a glass cannon"

How does it not one shot itself?

Because all of its rock attacks just summon rocks that do physical damage (also because Pokemon doesn't work like that).

Bruh, I made the page. I know best ovo (if you still want this closed, I'll oblige and make a formal apology).

If it just summons rock attacks with 7-A AP, then that isn't Mountain Class Striking Strength. And how can it survive physically creating a force hundreds of times greater than its durability?

But if Shuckle has AP that's already sort of close to Ryuko's. Dura that can never be gotten through or harmed at all. And the ability to make his AP hundreds of times greater without even killing himself, then this is a stomp match.

@Ryu

.*hundreds of thousands of times (102K to be exact) ovo. But in all seriousness, moves like Wrap, Bind, Struggle Bug, and Rollout are purely physical, so that's why. And Shuckle's AP (without Power Trick) is on the much lower side of it than most 8-A+ Pokemon. Plus, Ryuko could simply create a shockwave after the Power Trick to easily kill him.

Striking Strength and Durability are correlated. You cannot have Striking Strength hundreds of thousands of times greater than Durability, without it being a suicide attack.

But this is still a mismatch IMO. Relatively close stats, plus durability never capable of being harmed, plus potential ability to become hundreds of thousands of times stronger and one shot, even if there is a super small possibility of getting defeated. But it's whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back