• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I recommend quickly reading this thread before contributing to this one.

So basically, I have asked some months ago if qualitative superiority would grant Immeasurable Speed, and I was told that this would be their speed tier by default. Indeed, by being qualitatively transcendent, they are superior to Low 1-A, which encompasses all possible dimensions, and are therefore beyond dimensionality as a whole, which includes spatial dimensions and temporal dimensions, and thus transcending distance and time, from which they would be unbound, which qualifies for Immeasurable Speed.

However, the question is: "Should we make a separate tier which would be beyond Immeasurable speed?"

I'm asking this because there are characters who have Immeasurable Speed without being 1-A whatsoever, we cannot escape that.

But I am also asking this because there might be a too huge gap between the aforementioned way to reach Immeasurable speed (that is through being 1-A and above) and reaching Immeasurable speed "normally." Because since characters qualifying for Immeasurable speed in this way are beyond any and all temporal dimensions, they are beyond all "amounts" of time: whereas a normal character with Immeasurable speed could be traveling any distance in, let's say, 2 seconds, such characters would travel a distance in a way that no "amount" of time can express it, pretty much resonating with qualitative superiority and how it is beyond any and all dimensions.

Though maybe we can just keep it like that, hence I ask. Now I leave this here.

That's a good question. Some wikis separate this but I don't see the point. Not all Incommensurable speeds are equal, just as not all MFTL+ speeds are equal. In the same logic that wants the Incommensurable speeds of non-1-A and 1-A characters to be separated by a new "tier", there would also need to be an infinite number of divisions because a 1-A character who has a qualitative superiority over other 1-A characters surpasses these characters in the same way that they surpass non-1-A characters and that would require the creation of a new "tier" of speed and so on.

Maybe it will be handled by the wiki or maybe not, I don't know.

That's a good question. Some wikis separate this but I don't see the point. Not all Incommensurable speeds are equal, just as not all MFTL+ speeds are equal. In the same logic that wants the Incommensurable speeds of non-1-A and 1-A characters to be separated by a new "tier", there would also need to be an infinite number of divisions because a 1-A character who has a qualitative superiority over other 1-A characters surpasses these characters in the same way that they surpass non-1-A characters and that would require the creation of a new "tier" of speed and so on.

Maybe it will be handled by the wiki or maybe not, I don't know.
It is true I had not thought about that, because a character qualitatively superior to another would be faster on likewise the same degree. Perhaps it will just said to be "higher" into the same tier or something. Though, once again, I'm just leaving this idea on the table.

I recommend quickly reading this thread before contributing to this one.

So basically, I have asked some months ago if qualitative superiority would grant Immeasurable Speed, and I was told that this would be their speed tier by default. Indeed, by being qualitatively transcendent, they are superior to Low 1-A, which encompasses all possible dimensions, and are therefore beyond dimensionality as a whole, which includes spatial dimensions and temporal dimensions, and thus transcending distance and time, from which they would be unbound, which qualifies for Immeasurable Speed.

However, the question is: "Should we make a separate tier which would be beyond Immeasurable speed?"

I'm asking this because there are characters who have Immeasurable Speed without being 1-A whatsoever, we cannot escape that.

But I am also asking this because there might be a too huge gap between the aforementioned way to reach Immeasurable speed (that is through being 1-A and above) and reaching Immeasurable speed "normally." Because since characters qualifying for Immeasurable speed in this way are beyond any and all temporal dimensions, they are beyond all "amounts" of time: whereas a normal character with Immeasurable speed could be traveling any distance in, let's say, 2 seconds, such characters would travel a distance in a way that no "amount" of time can express it, pretty much resonating with qualitative superiority and how it is beyond any and all dimensions.

Though maybe we can just keep it like that, hence I ask. Now I leave this here.
I do very much support the idea of a separate speed rating for 1-A and above, yeah, because they're essentially covering more "distance" [real distance] then any Non 1-A sized structure, and thus any non 1-A form of time[temporal distance].

Back