• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should a popular gacha life original work be allowed? PT 1

^^^;

I know a Vandalism thread has had the verdict of "Gacha Life content is considered fanfic"

But I wanted to get this out of the way, so I could save time for myself and continue doing Gacha Cringe on FCOC, or have even more work on the main site (mixed feelings for the latter).

Before I continue pushing forward with more CRT stuff I could edit in a future CRT. Let's address this copy-pasted mess first:

We're allowed to have fan verses and profiles if they have legal permission from their creator. What happens to original user-generated verses based off of this if the original user generated thing has a canon, and the the original user generated thing explicitly allows you to use said assets that are in it's canon? This is likely a different case, but why are Roblox original verses allowed on-site?

Lunime is a decent, but not terrible app developer, but his dress up apps are usually mostly the same. Much of his apps state you're allowed to use their assets despite some of them having a canon [Gacha Life has a "Life Mode"]. And as you can edit/put your developed apps' descriptions, it's likely Luni (or his staff if any) likely are the ones who put the descriptions there.

Gacha Life 2 about section: "Choose from thousands of dresses, shirts, hairstyles, weapons, and much more! After designing your characters, enter the Studio and create your own scenes and stories!"

Gacha Life 1 about section: "Choose from hundreds of dresses, shirts, hairstyles, weapons, and much more! After designing your characters, enter the Studio and create any scene you can imagine! Choose from over a hundred backgrounds to create the perfect story!"

Gacha Studio (Anime Dress Up) about section: "Create your own anime styled characters and dress them up in your favorite fashion outfits! Boys and girls can choose from hundreds of dresses, shirts, hairstyles, hats, and much more! After designing your characters, enter the Studio and create any scene you can imagine!"

Nope. We already talked about this, Gacha Life is a game of its own and people create their own fictions within it. It's no more valid for profiles than my Be My Rimworld Pawns threads, provided the latter suddenly had, say, a few hundred thousand views on YouTube. Similar situations exist in a different medium for tabletops, plenty of extremely well documented homebrew games around that almost certainly meet our notoriety requirements but are nevertheless personal stories told through the medium of a separate entity.

It's fan content, even if it is used to create an original story.

Roblox on this wiki is considered less a "game to make stories in" and more an actual game engine, akin to Unity or Source.

Back