• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou Kotomine Additions

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
He wields numerous Black Keys which are stated to be far stronger than normal black keys. According to the Type Moon Wiki, Black Keys have properties such as:

Regenerationn Negation - "are able to call forth the original laws of nature vampires were subject to as humans, thus preventing them from healing the wounds made with this weapon". Not sure if this only qualifies against vampires though. Its description seems to imply that as long as a being's Regenerationn is not in line with the laws of nature, it gets negated.

Minor Durability Negation - "being half-spiritual, they can naturally pierce even iron". Because they are partially spiritual weapons, physical barriers are less effective against them.

I don't know if this is for Ciel only or a natural effect of the Black Keys, but Ciel can paralyze targets by stabbing their shadow with the blade.

Also, in the anime Shirou makes Vlad burst into flame by stabbing him with the keys, which seems to be the Cremation Rite, so: Fire Manipulation - "The Cremation Rite: causes the target to burst into flames upon being pierced"

"The Mummification Rite desiccates the target upon being pierced" - upon killing Vlad, he crumbles to dust, so that could be this or it could be just a vampire dying.

There is also the Interment Rite and Excarnation Rite, but I don't know if Shirou can use those.

Petrification - "the Internment Rite causes petrification upon the target being pierced"

Summoning - "Excarnation Rite causes countless crows to descend upon the target."

Monarch Laciel said:
Regenerationn Negation - Not sure if this only qualifies against vampires though.
It does actually. It acts just like as a holy weapon against a vampire.

I don't know if this is for Ciel only or a natural effect of the Black Keys, but Ciel can paralyze targets by stabbing their shadow with the blade.
Kirei did the same against True Assassin in the HF route.

Regenerationn Negation seems fine.

Durability Negation is more iffy... I'd rather have Prom and KamiYasha on this since they know Tsukihime better than I do.

Last one is a no.

Vlad burst into flames and crumbled to dust because he was a vampire who was also being exorcised by the Baptism Rite at the same time which sublimates souls.

The last four abilities are Ciel exclusive due to her magecraft knowledge through Roa.

Regenerationn Negation is fine, but I think this only applies to vampires and demons and evil spirits and similar beings as Black Keys are made to kill them. They're conceptual weapons, which carry certain concepts and just those concepts, and in this case, that concept is intervening spiritually. I may be wrong, but True Assassin recovered just fine, so.

They do negate durability to some extent - Kirei's able to pierce True Assassin's skin with them - but it's not really enough to be useful.

The last one is a no, yeah. Those are Ciel's powers.

Personally I'd think the regen negation applies to any regen that doesn't work by the natural laws of the world. Vampires regen by reversing their personal time iirc, which is against the world's natural law of time.

At the very least I'd think it works against time based Regenerationn.

As for the partial dura negation, I didn't think it would be very useful against a person, but being able to pass straight through normal physical barriers could be extremely useful against characters with armour or shields.

And as for the shadow pinning? Prom, you are saying no? But Kami says Kirei did it in HF?

Shadow pinning is fine, yeah.

Back