• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiba Tatsuya Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what was discussed here, although I will post the exact same statement again.

Here is a different issue that came up recently.

Going by this page here, the description for Heavy Metal Burst states that heavy metals are basically ionized/transformed into plasma.

the magic disseminates amplified solar ions over a wide area by creating gas, an electromagnetic repulsive force, and increased high pressure
Basically, it means that said metal is ionized, turned into a beam, and fired at the opponent.

As for the speed of the beam, it reads that

The speed of the beam is about a hundred times the speed of sound.
This is stated in Volume 11, Chapter 13 from the novel.

100 times sound
As for what this means, since the beam/light, in this case, is explicitly stated to be only 100 times the speed of sound instead of moving at the speed of light, it means that Tatsuya/Naotsugu's reaction speed gets downgraded.

However, the statement that comes after the previous paragraph says that 60 meters were covered in under 2 milliseconds. As for how fast this is, we calculate the value of this to be

• Velocity = [60 m] / [0.002 seconds] = 30,000 m/s. Mach 88.16
As for the speed of the characters related to this, Naotsugu barely deflected this incoming beam, and Tatsuya was having serious concerns about whether he could even dodge said beam or not.

Tatsuya's speed: Relativistic reactions -> High Hypersonic+ reactions

Looks fine with me here.

Seeing as this is Mahouka-related, i want to ask where his City level rating comes from. There's no reference or calc or even a scan or statement saying he's City level.

There was a feat where he converts a flagpole from an enemy ship into energy, and a huge explosion is made.

Converting 1kg of mass directly into energy yields City level results.

Is that anywhere on his profile? If not, it would be appreciative if it can be added so that people who don't know the character can understand why he's city level.

What about the speed downgrade? This is a large step down in comparison to where Tatsuya's speed was from before.

But then the "100 times speed of sound" statement directly contradicts that "speed of light" statement, thus the beam would be moving at Mach 100 in this case.

Didn't I say I was fine with it? That's something we can do if the 100 times speed of sound contradicts the speed of light one.

By this, of course I'm fine with it.

Lina Shields said:
What about the speed downgrade? This is a large step down in comparison to where Tatsuya's speed was from before.
But then the "100 times speed of sound" statement directly contradicts that "speed of light" statement, thus the beam would be moving at Mach 100 in this case.
Maybe he is so fast that light looks just like Mach 100 for him(?

But then the word Mach 100 wouldn't be directly specified in the novels.

The novel has attacks that are closer to lightspeed anyways, and those are considered to be basically undodgeable once they are fired.

The Baryon Lance moves at 10,000 km/s, and that magic "is far faster than any magic available to defend against it."

So Heavy Metal Burst << Baryon Lance which is Sub-Relativistic

One can see the mars on that picture, so no way that is to scale....

Pretty sure that was on the movie and it was just a diagram representing distance not size of any of the objects.

Also, just gonna leave this here so we can bask in his badassery

This comes straight from Satou in the Q&A for the Yokohama disturbance blu-rays.

This question was regarding material burst and they asked about its maxiumum scale

"There's no upper limit to how much energy material burst can convert. I believe I answered this on the internet radio show on the anime's offical web site, but if the object's structure is somewhat unifrom the energy can be converted indefinetly"

"Here, "unifrom structure" doesn't ,mean that its components are uniform, but that there's no fuctional complexity, as there is in gears, circuit boards, the organs of higher-fuctioning beings, anddividing. For example even objects like small planets, over which various minerals are spread out unevenly, are uniform in structure in the sense that they are "a lump of minerals". And so, if Tatsuya is able to merely to precieve it- even if its a tiny planet-he can convert it to energy and eliminate it."

So for those of you who wondering if Tatsuya can really destroy the world with one material burst attack, yes he can and much much more.

EDIT: I took this from le wikia so that last bit isn't actually me saying it just to clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back