• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sherlock Holmes VS James Moriarty

Sherlock Holmes (BBC) VS James Moriarty (Movie)

Both are 10-A (no guns or explosives here, just good old-fashioned fist fight)

Speed Equalized

Sherlock Holmes:

James Moriarty: 7 (MrKerf, Grandlewon, Mariogoods, ZoroNotZolo, Oleggator, Da Lunge Fish, Popted2)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Sherlock himself have said, that Moriarty would win in physical combat.

Edit: Oops, these Sherlock and Moriarty are from different versions.

Last edited:
Hmm.
Sherlock has faster reaction.
Moriarty has (iirc at least) much better hand-to-hand skills.
Otherwise they're even.
Although I don't think his reaction ever helped him in a combat, so I'll vote Moriarty.

I vote to Moriarty. It is a close one. Moriarty has the Analytical Prediction to roughly match Sherlock's reaction. Also, as long as the movie version and 2009 version follows the set (at least the set of their hand-to-hand combat level) from the SH series, Moriarty has advantage in this.

I vote Sherlock via him being simply stronger. Breaking a coffin could even possibly be 9-C
To me this is more like a Garou Vs Tanktop situation. Even if Sherlock is stronger, I think Moriarty's superior skill should clutch him the victory.

This feat was never calculated, it appeares. Still, since they both are athletic, the absolute maximum difference would be 200 joules of energy, which still would probably not be enough to cover skill difference.
That's ignoring the fact that even an average boxer should be able to replicate such feat, let alone "Boxing Champion of Cambridge".

This feat was never calculated, it appeares. Still, since they both are athletic, the absolute maximum difference would be 200 joules of energy, which still would probably not be enough to cover skill difference.
That's ignoring the fact that even an average boxer should be able to replicate such feat, let alone "Boxing Champion of Cambridge".
It's the absolute minimum, bit maximum. I doubt a boxer could break a coffin

Well, even if he couldn't, average boxer's punch (according to Google) is 1200 - 1700 psi (which is 135 -192 joules) which is again, only for an average boxer. That makes the theoretical difference in strength even more insignificant.

Well, even if he couldn't, average boxer's punch (according to Google) is 1200 - 1700 psi (which is 135 -192 joules) which is again, only for an average boxer. That makes the theoretical difference in strength even more insignificant.
I really doubt that could bust a coffin

Looks wooden
I know that much lol, the type of wood changes its strength tremendously. Moriarty scales above Sherlock in his verse who broke a man's ribs with two punches. Unless it's a rather strong wood I don't see the strength difference being big enough for Sherlock to get past the massive skill difference.

Back