• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shark Bite Downgrades

NO! MORE! HIGH 8-C!

High 8-C comes from destroying one of the walls on a Destroyer which causes it to sink. That's just a 9-B feat, since destroying a Destroyer completely (which isn't being done here) is 8-C+, which it clearly isn't doing in one attack, and 9-B is supported by the shark actually busting walls consistently as well as tanking shots from an RPG. The same stuff is applicable to durability because gunfire on the Destroyer isn't High 8-C, nor is it all fired at once on him.

Supersonic makes no sense, since the shark can't even outpace them half the time, and the rest of the reasoning is because they're aim-dodging. Not outpacing, not dodging, they're only reacting to the player pulling a trigger. Further supported by the fact that the shark, again, can't dodge bullets from weapons such as an AK47 (which is Supersonic as well) and basic pistols, nor can they react to (or get out of the way of) ships ramming into it, which includes basic rafts or whatnot. Rather, I propose

Intelligence would probably be Animalistic since that's how it acts and fights, without showing any other intelligence feats. It rams into ships and chases them around with no real regard of their durability.

All of this has it much more closer to it's real life counterpart, and makes sense in-verse, since they show to be the exact same.

Based and redpilled OP.

Yeah, I agree with the AP/durability stuff. The shark is definitely isn't High 8-C, but they'd probably be around a high level of 9-B or so at best considering that they can tear parts of metal boats off, guns that can launch many explosive projectiles at a time, and the shark easily taking rounds from the Destroyer ships they fight against. This guy says it best.

As for speed stuff: in this video, you can see him at least moving in comparison to bullets which would at least indicate he can, from a distance, dodge them. These bullets, mind you, aren't hitscan projectiles that would otherwise normally be undodgeable, but projectiles that can be physically seen moving through the air and the shark can move at a fraction of that speed. You shouldn't leave scaling to the bullets off the hook yet (hehe), but it'd require a calc. If the bullets are actually hitscan and they instantly hit, with the bullet you see traveling being a visual effect alone, then disregard what I said.

Intelligence works otherwise, they don't really do anything strategic. The only thing I can argue is maybe the fact that a good enough player would be able to do stuff like wait deep underwater and attack at the right moment, but I think that'd still be animalistic.

Forgot about this thread, lol.

That'd require a calc so it should either be at a comparable rate with it's real life self for now (since that seems to scale to all of its stats) or have it at Unknown for the time being.

They only destroy parts of it, and even if they were able to destroy the entire thing, it's not all at once, so still 9-B. Also, bump.

Back