• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
can characters from naruto bleach one piece yyh dbz bc fairy tail see nen attacks since its energy? or they cant because they cant use gyo?

"Although the production of aura is unconscious and constant by all living beings, it is not only life energy. Aura carries with it the desires and emotions of the one who deploys it, which is what allows for Nen to have an incredible versatility to those who develop their skill at using it,[28] and also heavily influenced by mental condition and emotional state.[29] A basic application of this phenomenon is that one can channel their aggression or malice into their aura and deploy it towards another person (i.e. bloodlust). The antagonized will then be able to feel that bloodlust as if it were physically palpable; if unable to keep it from their own body by deploying their own Nen, he/she may be psychologically as well as physically harmed by it.[8] In certain instances, emotional factors may even lead to one exceeding their current ceiling. This could potentially prove advantageous, but in general using one's powers beyond their capacity entails a great risk and will ultimately cause strain.[29]"

This is the description from the HunterXHunter Wiki. This is literally Ki by another name. Goku can use Ki Sense to sense the intent in others; if they have Malice. People also get stronger with surges of emotion; their ki flaring. Ki also changes appearances depending on the moral and emotional stance of the user; Vegeta's Aura visibly changing as his heart changes from Evil to "Good". Nen is also literally called "Life Energy", a component in Ki.

So, uh, yeah. At least for DBZ, they can 100% sense Nen.

Nen is just a better and more intricate version of chi/ki from traditional japan and possibly adapted from Dragon Ball since it inspired a lot of verses. Just seeing Nen on its own most shounen verses will be able to do.

But if Hisoka or some other character were to use I it's a different story.

You're getting the techniques mixed up, if you're awakened to Nen you will be able to see and sense it. However if one were to use an advanced technique like I to conceal Nen from other Nen Users than something like Gyo would be needed to see and sense it.

Yes, Dragon Ball characters can sense it because they're literally the same thing fundamentally. Both are just life energy.

so all of the verses i named can see nen since they can see energy, however they cant see it if a user were to use IN?

Any verse that has life energy similar to Nen can see it when equalised and I'm pretty sure Ki is mostly intangible until used as energy blasts but not invisible and the pressure it causes is similar to HxH though it doesn't carry the other effects Nen does.

In is something that makes Nen invisible to all the normal senses and extra-senses of Nen Users, so yes unless a character has absurd senses or has something allowing them to see things invisible to even their extrasensory perception then they cannot see In.

As stated above, Nen is nothing more than a more complex application of Qi / Ki / Chi.

• Dragon Ball would be able to see, for sure.
  • Naruto. I don't know, but considering that the chakra is also vital energy (with its overuse killing the user) and not only it, but the target's mental state and personality, even interfere with the color of the chakra. It is also usually invisible, unless used in large quantities.
  • Bleach couldn't see it, I think. Since the energy is practical and only spiritual.
  • One Piece and the others ... I don't know!
This is more or less my opinion.

super off topic but do u think using spiritual energy u can hit a logia? also isnt ki part spirit, isnt it mind body and soul or something

Kidkinsey said:
super off topic but do u think using spiritual energy u can hit a logia? also isnt ki part spirit, isnt it mind body and soul or something
Definition of Soul:

"the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal."

Definition of Spirit:

"the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul."

Back