• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Here we are again, crossing OP blades with other blades. Let's see how well this one goes.

Pre Time-Skip Roronoa Zoro:

VS

Scyther:

Nothing happened...(incon):

Both are High 7-C, Speed Equalized(If needed), Skypeia Zoro
What happens this tiiiime!
Starting Distance 300ft (roughly football field's distance apart)
Only SCYTHER'S moves and abilities apply. None of Scizor's.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Zoro super duper skillstomps lol
I considered specifying it to be a TRAINED Scyther. Just didn't wanna let it have TM and HMs. Scyther's base movepool is pretty well equipped to throw hands... blades.. with Pre-Timeskip Zorororo. At least I thought so.

I considered specifying it to be a TRAINED Scyther. Just didn't wanna let it have TM and HMs. Scyther's base movepool is pretty well equipped to throw hands... blades.. with Pre-Timeskip Zorororo. At least I thought so.
You can't have a trained Scyther in matches. In fact you can't use any trained Pokémon unless they have specific files.

What's the AP difference and what does Sycther start with?
I think it's 1.2x in Zoro's favor(I'm not wholly sure which calc pre ts Zoro scales to), and Scyther most likely start with a slashing attack or a self buff like Swords Dance(x2 AP) or Agility(x2 Speed)

Might change this up to Post-Timeskip Zoro and Scizor since Scyther and Pokemon of its level are getting buffed... But better to just put it all on hold

Last edited:
Post timeskip would make this a stomp. Scyther is gonna be 7-B after my thread.

I will say though, even in this matchup we have to remember that Scyther does have some good options that may land him the win.
Scyther can use agility, one usage of which makes him 2x faster. There are some people who dislike usage of such mechanics in matches but in the manga a single usage of agility can make a pokemon so fast they begin casually running circles around an opponent that could match them previously and moving so fast for they leave afterimages (i may make a crt later adding afterimage creation) so 2x is a low ball too. He can use that move many times to boost himself to 4x his original speed. Anyways besides that Scyther has double-team which summons multiple illusions of himself and they all attack one opponent and it is very hard to distinguish between them. Scyther has leer to lower defense and swords dance to boost his own attack. There's also silver wind which is an AOE damaging wind attack which has a small chance to boost all of Scyther's stats.

Overall: Even if there was no upgrade and we could make this match, Zorro would end up having to deal with a superfast bug that can summon illusions and boost his own attack as well as use ranged and AOE attacks.
If this match happened this would be a win for Scyther.

Post timeskip would make this a stomp. Scyther is gonna be 7-B after my thread.

I will say though, even in this matchup we have to remember that Scyther does have some good options that may land him the win.
Scyther can use agility, one usage of which makes him 2x faster. There are some people who dislike usage of such mechanics in matches but in the manga a single usage of agility can make a pokemon so fast they begin casually running circles around an opponent that could match them previously and moving so fast for they leave afterimages (i may make a crt later adding afterimage creation) so 2x is a low ball too. He can use that move many times to boost himself to 4x his original speed. Anyways besides that Scyther has double-team which summons multiple illusions of himself and they all attack one opponent and it is very hard to distinguish between them. Scyther has leer to lower defense and swords dance to boost his own attack. There's also silver wind which is an AOE damaging wind attack which has a small chance to boost all of Scyther's stats.

Overall: Even if there was no upgrade and we could make this match, Zorro would end up having to deal with a superfast bug that can summon illusions and boost his own attack as well as use ranged and AOE attacks.
If this match happened this would be a win for Scyther.
That was the whole reason I chose Scyther. A lot of Zoro fights I see have people who go "Zoro skill stomps" like skill and experience means an absolute win in fictional fights. Zoro has the Skill and after looking at Scyther I figured "This bug has the right arsenal to fight my boi Zoro"

And yeah, I figured High 7-A Zoro wouldn't be as balanced as Scyther vs Pre TS

Last edited:
Red
Blue
With ninja-like agility and speed, it can create the illusion that there is more than one.
CrystalIt’s very proud of its speed. It moves so fast that its opponent does not even know what knocked it down.
FireRedIt tears and shreds prey with its wickedly sharp scythes. It very rarely spreads its wings to fly.
SunIt confuses its prey with its quick, ninja-like movements. Then, in an instant, it cleaves them with its scythes.
MoonWhile young, they live together deep in the mountains, training themselves in how to fight with their scythes and move at high speeds.

Based on Scyther's entries, it sounds like it leads with approaching fast, possibly with afterimages, & aiming to confuse the prey with its quick movements, likely following that by going for a 1-hit-kill by slicing with its scythes.
Since it's "very proud" of its speed & uses its speed, & trained to use Speed, if it sees Zoro matching it, it's probably going to use Agility.

Likely moves seem like Double Team, Agility, Quick Attack, & attacking with slashing moves, probably high power ones. So Slash or X-Scissor. Flight/Spreading its wings to fly seems to be described as very rare.

I don't know of its characterization in the anime & other media.
Unsure if there's other indicators of Scyther behaving differently.

Back