• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-001 Proposals Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's clearly not what it is talkiing about.

It states that there are 196,884 dimensions in the observable range of space-time, and that the entirety of the space-time was divided into a set of infinite dimensions, the sets being called "layers", and the number being "unknown", implying there is a shit-ton.

It even mentions the classical four dimensions and "dimensions of geometry", to clarify that it is 100% talking about geometric dimensions, and not planes of existence or hierarchies or anything even remotely similar to that.

A friend of mine on facebook who is obsessed with SCP found it, not me, so full credits to him, I guess.

Technical Contents: A library spanning at least twenty meters in length. It contains the knowledge of cosmology of a race or group labelled the Kunskapen, believed to have been the previous holders of SCP-2722 circa 255 million years ago. The content within considerably surpasses, or is at least comparable, to the current human knowledge of astronomy and geometry. Some theories for which no evidence is available are backed up by evidence inside the library.

Notes: The most notable difference between point of views comes when the spatial dimensions of geometry are brought up and analyzed in-depth. While mainstream science widely accepts the existence of at least four dimensions, the library supports and lists evidence of the existence of at least 196,884 observable dimensions; that is, the number of dimensions that can be safely cataloged. However, the number of dimensions that form the entire space-time are stated to be layered in sets of countable infinities; that is, there is an infinite number of dimensions in the unobservable universe; said infinities are themselves layered in countable sets. The number of layers is said to be unknown.

That page was edited just today. We should make sure that this infinite D thing is legit and not just vandalism to make the verse stronger.

Yeah. That seems pretty suspicious.

As I said above, it was a contact of mine who told me this on Discord. Very likely to be him vandalizing. If that's the case, we should probably disregard this.

Leave it for the time being. If the edit is reverted then we know it's vandalism, if it's not, then we can bring it back up at a later date

It was added today, so yeah, this seems like wank.

2722's log is a collaboration, so it is not exactly vandalism, but since all edits are strictly reviewed by the content mods of the wiki, we should wait a bit. If this stays up for more than, say, a week, we will know they consider it good enough to be kept on the document log.

If that happens, we can bring it up.

For now, we wait.

I mean not to be rude but the way it was added is not only contradictory with what was stated, but it's also quite horribly written/worded, so I doubt it will stay.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I don't know how to compare versions on this website, can someone check?
At the bottom of the page, theirs a "History" button. Click that and you'll get a MediaWiki style menu, click on the V or S buttons to see the differences.

Anyways, let's let that sort itself out and do with it what we will at a later date if it gets accepted. So are these changes good to add?

@Darkanine

Wow...what a shitride.

Doesn't seem like this will stay up at all, but we should wait.

@Weekly

Not that off. The 196,884 number is a well-known hypothesis that gets thrown around the scientific community from time-to-time.

Edit is still spotty and we should wait.

So, to make matters even worse, he states the race has knowledge "considerably above mankind's", but exemplifies it by using a number that the mathematical community is already aware of and constantly throws around.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic.

Most of this seems pretty much fine.

Though at some point, I should probably bring up the elephant in the room of "canon" issues that apply to 682 and some others. But that's not really related to this topic.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I mean not to be rude but the way it was added is not only contradictory with what was stated, but it's also quite horribly written/worded, so I doubt it will stay.
"Some theories for which no evidence is available are backed up by evidence inside the library."

Seems like professional writing, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back