• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Satsuki Kiryuuin vs. Morag (Xenoblade)

My best guess is 3x above baseline 6-A because Pyra sank 3 continents in her clash against Malos.

Satsuki via not having a shit file.

The clash sinking the three continents was not only casual (Since it was literally an after effect) but also very quickly, on top of this there are other surface wiping statements she scales to and there was talks of her scaling to planetary if I recall correctly.

Bump...?

Something tells me that this thread cannot continue which sucks ;-;

Well kinda? I mean getting the sinking of 3 continents calced is something that should happen and I've been working on Xb2 revisions for half a year now. If this match would conclude it would become very outdated soon.

K.

Guess I’ll be calculating that soon enough.

Huh, didn't know this discussion thread was already a thing. Ironic, given that this was a matchup I came up with on my own a couple of years ago.

Initially, I would have thought that Satsuki stomps. Her ability to make Ep3 Ryuko into a casual large building level feat, and her scaling to Senketsu (hence, the opposite of Junketsu, allowing for parallel feats by the end of the series) would make this an easy win for her at face value. That said, I've recently been thinking about Morag and how she's portrayed in the scenes that we pull feats from, and I realize that it's not Morag that we should be thinking about per se, but Brighid.

See, in the scene in Mor Ardain (the one where Poppi is mistaken for Lila), Mythra states that, remembering her sparring(s) in Torna, she is confident that Brighid can box her, or is at least relativistic in skill and ability.

(time as any to mention that I did take a cursory glance at Morag's wiki page, and yeah it does mention Brighid in TTGC scaling to Mythra)

There is also the Heart-to-Heart in the Land of Morytha, where Brighid mentions the records in her diary - and notices that, while her loss ratio would be quite damning, A) there was one win to her name, and B) that all (or at least a majority of) her losses were considered to be quite close.

"You gave it all you had, but I guess I just have certain attributes" - Mythra.

Now, having absorbed that exculpatory evidence, what are the most reasonable Mythra feats that we can apply to Brighid (and by extension Aegaeon + MAYBE Morag herself)?

1) Light Speed.

This is a given. This is essentially Mythra's bread and butter given her element, and the fact that Jin was a related entity where acceleration to light speed is clearly defined. While you may see people disagree with the nature of Jin being light speed given how underutilised that ability is by him by the end of Base XC2 (and even I have to admit, the game is... less than great as a power scaling case study), the fact that this is even a prospect to the player is solid enough evidence that this is speeds that can at least be tagged (yes, tagged. Brighid has not shown these feats herself, and it would be unreasonable to assume otherwise).

2) Multi-continental power feats.

This one I'm a little torn on (pun not intended). While it is true that Mythra was forced to go apeshit in order to stop Malos and his Siren that he was using to casually put down continent-sized titans, the nature of Mor Ardain and it's political dividends (or lack thereof) would imply that the ability and aptitude of compatible drivers had shrunk dramatically compared to 500 years prior (as proven by the observations of the party in Gormott, and the fact that Mor Ardain's Government were willing to move their capital there).

I bring up Mor Ardain's current affairs because author intent is not unfamiliar to power scaling as a narrative device. It would either imply that Morag is just as competent, but a rare breed, OR it would imply that the best that could resonate with Brighid and Aegaeon were at a lower minimum standard (likely the former). This is also a reason that I'm hesitant to bring Aegaeon into this at all, not because he doesn't scale (he does), but because outside of TTGC justifying the imperial cores direct scaling, he is straight up deprived of data on the matter.

With all of that said, I do think that we have other advantages through the degrees of separation that scale to Malos, implying not just potential multi-continental feats, but even planetary. In fact, it is not unreasonable to believe that the Siren(s) that Mythra and Malos control scale to the Aegises - an expansion of their abilities to boot.

With all that mentioned... I think this matchup is a toss-up. How you interpret Morag and her situation that gave her access to Brighid/Aegaeon's powers, vs Satsuki having her own continental feat(s) misinterpreted, but having more flexible and situational abilities to compensate.

Yikes, big necro here. I will point out again that this match even if we continue it now will become outdated real quick, I've been working on a CRT for Xb2 in general and it'll likely made this a complete stomp.

My best guess is 3x above baseline 6-A because Pyra sank 3 continents in her clash against Malos.
Quick correction: the three continents that sank would be attributed to Mythra - NOT Pyra. Pyra explicitly states that she is not nearly as powerful as Mythra in destructive capacity.

Brighid is very consistently established to be a rival to Mythra so of course she should scale to this.
That said from the sound of this CRT it’s gonna make this dated so best to hold this off for now.

Back