• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Satoru Gojo vs Murphy Lawden

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
I thought this would be an interesting thought experiment to try out.

Sorcerer vs Detective

28 Year Old Gojo vs Extended Canon Murphy. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

Evlq5dQXAAgzPAl.jpg
FAqwfFCWQAEKEyd.jpg

Range: Standard melee range physically, likely tens of meters with revolver, likely kilometers with reality flattening.

I'm gonna need more convincing here, would it spawn on Gojo or not? If it doesn't then how's it gonna reach him?

Last edited:
Range: Standard melee range physically, likely tens of meters with revolver, likely kilometers with reality flattening.

I'm gonna need more convincing here, would it spawn on Gojo or not? If it doesn't then how's it gonna reach him?
3143 powers aren't projectile or anything that has trajectory. When 3143 is active, reality flattens into a narrative that always ends with 3143 winning.

The reason why I found this match interesting is that Murphy is entirely fictional below even 0D. His ability is to flatten spaces in the real world down to his level of existence, where he is able to manipulate the plot of his Narrative.

Now, within his Narrative his effective range is Boundless since Narrative structures are the same size above and below fictional levels. (Imagine what a tier 0 in fiction is to us).

So while Gojo has passive infinite range between Murphy and him in the real world, can Murphy bring him down to his world where he can affect him?

Gojo is in the middle of a stalled CRT that would make limitless a lot more difficult to handle. So may want to wait until that concludes.

Gojo's infinite distance hax only works on physical objects and energy attacks. Concepts with non-physical forms can bypass it, and there is no reason for flattening not to work. Murphy wins

Gojo's infinite distance hax only works on physical objects and energy attacks. Concepts with non-physical forms can bypass it, and there is no reason for flattening not to work. Murphy wins
This is incorrect as curses are concepts, info, and have abstract existence type 2. Nervmind the fact that Gojo’s infinity is concept manip type 2 in the first place.

I mean even if so, Gojo can't walk into Murphy's range without getting flattened. Plus, anything Gojo throws into Murphy's range gets flattened and plot manip'd as well.

I mean even if so, Gojo can't walk into Murphy's range without getting flattened. Plus, anything Gojo throws into Murphy's range gets flattened and plot manip'd as well.
Can the detective stop powernull? If he can't domain expansion would end this, and he'd also have to be able to flatten imaginary mass to stop Hollow Purple.

His plot manip overpowered the plot manip of another character like himself, and The Foundation have tried twice to null his plot manip only for him to get it back again.

The area around Murphy doesn't just get flattened, it also turns into a noir crime thriller story where Murphy himself is the protagonist. So Hollow Purple would get nulled the moment it enters the plot threshold.

His plot manip overpowered the plot manip of another character like himself, and The Foundation have tried twice to null his plot manip only for him to get it back again.

The area around Murphy doesn't just get flattened, it also turns into a noir crime thriller story where Murphy himself is the protagonist. So Hollow Purple would get nulled the moment it enters the plot threshold.
What type of means did they try by this? Domain Expansion is capable of nullifying all techniques in the JJK verse, even limitless itself. Domain Expansion also creates its own space fit with subjective reality and law manipulation.

Eh, idk, that sounds like it could lead to NLF. If his plot manip is not effecting conceptual/exotic constructs/substances I'm not sure why it'd be assumed he can null Purple.

Assuming he can counter all of the above though, seems like an incon if they can't affect each other.

Back