• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Satallite Technus

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I completely forgot about this feat until just recently and since my dreams of upgrading season 2 character AP via Ember's cloud feat have been curshed, I'll settle for just handling this speed feat which will be a supporting feat.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ny_Phantom:_Satellite-Technis_firin_his_lazer

Issues
Ok so Cal Howard calced the feat and got Mach 52,476.8, or 6% SoL.

Antoniofer had an issue with the height as it used the highest orbit which would be a high-ball. Here are the exact words.

"36000 km is the highest orbit for satellize, already a high-ball (for practice, you would need to find a satellize similar to the one that appears in the show and see at what height it orbit); although, since the ghost is sending communication signal I would argue than that is SoL."

Mr. Bambu also had conscerns about the hight of the satellite shown. Here are the exact words.

"Is there a reason there are visible clouds in the background for the ghost satelite (well there's a helluva sentence)"

So I decided to see if I could find what type of satellite Technus took over. There are three orbiting heights.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/satellite7.htm

Low-Earth orbits (LEO) — LEO satellites occupy a region of space from about 111 miles (180 kilometers) to 1,243 miles (2,000 kilometers) above Earth. Satellites moving close to the Earth's surface are ideal for making observations, for military purposes and for collecting weather data.

Geosynchronous orbits (GEO) ― GEO satellites orbit Earth at an altitude greater than 22,223 miles (36,000 kilometers) and their orbital period is the same as Earth's rotational period: 24 hours. Included in this category are geostationary (GSO) satellites, which remain in orbit above a fixed spot on Earth. Not all geosynchronous satellites are geostationary. Some have elliptical orbits, which means they drift east and west over a fixed point on the surface during the course of a full orbit. Some have orbits that are not aligned with Earth's equator. These orbital paths are said to have degrees of inclination. It also means the satellite's path will take it north and south of Earth's equator during one full orbit. Geostationary satellites have to fly above Earth's equator to remain in a fixed spot above Earth. Several hundred television, communications and weather satellites all use geostationary orbits. It can get pretty crowded.

Medium-Earth orbits (MEO) — These satellites park in between the low and high flyers, so from about 1,243 miles (2,000 kilometers) to 22,223 miles (36,000 kilometers). Navigation satellites, like the kind used by your car's GPS, work well at this altitude. Sample specs for such a satellite might be an altitude of miles (20,200 kilometers) and an orbital speed of 8,637 mph (13,900 kph).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite

There are several types of satellies with different functions with there orbit depending on there perpous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_observation_satellite (An Earth observation satellite or Earth remote sensing satellite is a satellite used or designed for Earth observation from orbit, similar to spy satellites but intended for non-military uses such as environmental monitoring, meteorology, map making etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_satellite (A communications satellite is an artificial satellite that relays and amplifies radio telecommunications signals via a transponder; it creates a communication channel between a source transmitter and a receiver at different locations on Earth. Communications satellites are used for television, telephone, radio, internet, and military applications.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_satellite (A satellite navigation or satnav system is a system that uses satellites to provide autonomous geo-spatial positioning. It allows small electronic receivers to determine their location (longitude, latitude, and altitude/elevation) to high precision (within a few centimeters to metres) using time signals transmitted along a line of sight by radio from satellites.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_satellite (The weather satellite is a type of satellite that is primarily used to monitor the weather and climate of the Earth. Satellites can be polar orbiting, covering the entire Earth asynchronously, or geostationary, hovering over the same spot on the equator.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_telescope (A space telescope or space observatory is an instrument located in outer space to observe distant planets, galaxies and other astronomical objects. Space telescopes avoid the filtering of ultraviolet frequencies, X-rays and gamma rays; the distortion (scintillation) of electromagnetic radiation; as well as light pollution which ground-based observatories encounter.)

Now we need to see which Satellite is Technus. This is actually pretty simple given Tucker's explination of said satellite in the episode itself.

Flirting With Disaster 2:53 Tucker states "And this is part of the cybertron main computer. It's the hub that links to the actual proscessing unit which floats in space" (The screen then cuts to a shot of the satellite in space and we see a spaceship fly towards it)

Sam then replies "Why would they put it in space?"

Tucker explains "For safety. Sam, a computer that powerful could be used to control every other computer in the world. You can't just let anybody get to it."

Ok so this description doesn't completely match up with any of said satellites however I think it fits the Communications satellite more than the others given it can link up with all computers on the planet and as we see

Now let's look at the distance the Satellite/Technus is portraid as in the episode. 2:57 looking at the shot they give us, it looks a bit far from earth but that's just off the shot. 15:20 is are next shot of the satellite in space away from the earth and you can see it's past the clouds completely, however then Technus flies to the satellite and while he's off the planet, you don't see any clouds which is wired.

Anywho from 16:09 to 18:06 We see Danny flying past the clouds and into space and he has his battle with Valerie and Technus. The issue here is that whoever animated this damn part of the episode doesn't know what consistancy means. Danny and Valerie clearly fly far above the clouds and Technus is shown coming up behind Danny at one point but then when he starts firing down at the earth, he looks close to the clouds but then you don't see clouds when Danny is shooting his multiple ghost rays at Technus. Lastly, when Danny overcharges the jetpack and causes the satellite to explodes, it looks like there much further away from the planet.

My Thoughts
I think the 36000 km is the best option given the satellite seems more in line with the Communications Satellite (It can literally control all computers on the planet and Technus was basically linking himself to various pieces of tech) but that's just me. While the satellite varied in height, it seems to have mostly stayed far above the clouds and given Danny and Valerie's placement in their fight, it clear he isn't in the lowest orbit and most communication satellites are in the highest orbit. Add the fact that they put the computer in space so no one could reach it, so I'd assume it would be as far as they could put it for a satellite.

Thoughts?.

Back