• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs SCP-682

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle takes place where Frisk/Chara fights Sans in the Genocide route

Both have access to all their powers/abilities

Fight to the death.

Oh man, I was wondering when this match would happen. I'm very tempted to say 682 via being able to adapt to Karmic Retribution and outlasting him but...I dunno.

Depends if you belief that kill Chara repetadly is enough to say that he could pass SCP-682 durability and kill him. Even without the damage that would cause to the universe.

Thing is, Chara idnt have the adaptation and Regenerationn that 682 has (unless i'm forgeting something).

Yes. But They/He/She was a greater threat than SCP-682. Because while Chara was a multiversal threat 682 is only an universal threat

Also Karmic Retribution has little to do here. Far as i'm aware SCP-682 don't have enough sins to consider Karmic Retribution as a big threat.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
Far as i'm aware SCP-682 don't have enough sins to consider Karmic Retribution as a big threat.
There was this SCP called Roget's Proposal that had 682 with another anomaly called SCP-296. This SCP punishes beings by judging it guilty or not. It found 682 guilty to the point where it denied it the ability to die or kill.

Natse said:
Far as i'm aware SCP-682 don't have enough sins to consider Karmic Retribution as a big threat.
There was this SCP called Roget's Proposal that had 682 with another anomaly called SCP-296. This SCP punishes beings by judging it guilty or not. It found 682 guilty to the point where it denied it the ability to die or kill.
That sounds... rather evil, I'd say. Karmic Retribution would be able to chip away at that in short order.

Problem being, how quickly would that happen? Fast enough to avoid getting killed?

...come to think of it, how quick is adaptation? It seems a weird ability to me.

Well I don't know if this is true with all adaptation, but for 682 he only needs to be attacked with/exposed to something once in order to adapt to it. And his adaptation is insane to the point where he gained abilities like being able to resist the laws of physics being drastically altered several times in rapid succession, becoming two fully sentient beings after being split in two, being able to change its biological makeup from organic to inorganic at will, and being able to die and come back to life at will.

Oh boy.

Since Sans attacks are all Thoushand-Death-Cuts style, pretty sure 682 could adapt before bad things happen. However, I think Sans could potentially BFR him, although he would be able to adapt to the "Not taking my turn ever" thing, but Sans' teleportation abilities could put him somewhere where he won't be a treat.

Not sure that would work. If I remember correctly, there was an incident where 682 was sent into an alternate universe and an alternate version of it returned shortly afterwards, and then returned to the form of the original universe's 682.

Yeah but that's what I would call more of a situational survive. It's not out of 682's own abiliies, just that another world got rid of their own 682. There is nothing the alternate world could uses to send their 682, unlike that case you mentioned.

Unless there's another Sans in that universe that sends that universe's 682 back...

Anyways, I know there isn't enough input yet, but would Sans BFRing 682 count as a win? Technically 682 would still be alive.

682 isn't even coming close to touching Sans. At the same time, I don't think Sans could kill 682. Has 682 ever adapted to damage to its "essence"? I recall it possibly doing something like that, but I might be mistaken.

Pretty sure 682 could adapt to Sans' Speed or reality warping or whaetever. That would be far from being his most impressive feat.

Also IIRC 682 is an Universal constant or something, and 682 isn't exactly living, so soul damage won't wooork.

Might i ask what you mean by 'essence'? And couldn't 682 just outlast Sans until he uses his 'special' attack and falls asleep and attack him then?

I really don't think there is much to debate here.

Sans starts almost always with his strongest attack. If SCP-682 survives. He kills Sans because there is no much more than that.

Then again this depends if you belief that SCP-682 durability and adaptation > Chara. If the answer is yes. He wins. If the answer is no. He lose.

WeeklyBattles said:
Might i ask what you mean by 'essence'? And couldn't 682 just outlast Sans until he uses his 'special' attack and falls asleep and attack him then?
I mean pretty much the culmination of his existence as opposed to just his physical form. Basically the conceptual idea of what makes 682 what it is.

Doubt that would work. Sans dodged Chara while he was sleeping, and he lasted pretty long against Chara without wearing himself out, who was much, much faster than 682.

one big problem, if 682 has lower tiered durability then chara and has anywhere near a comparable kill count, he would take infinite (by his standard) KR damage from one hit that takes time to be recoverable and opens 682 to death if he stays in a bone for more then a single instant

Well it's not like Sans' attacks would make him blow up. After all, they are just multi-hit attacks. They would most likely pierces him rather than oblitering him.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well 682 would most likely adapt to speed and reality warping, he has done so before.
but how fast can he adapt? and to what? because if he so much as touchs one of the countless bones in play, he would be almost dead, and if he's in it for an instant longer he will be dead

682 regenerates from an Ion IIRC. Even though Sans' bones are powerful, they are just bones. They would go through him like butter, but not actually completely blows him up.

"Sans' strongest attack" is spam bones and gasterblasters like a lunatic.
Not actually his strongest attack. He just says that. The attack he uses before his special attack is objectively far more powerful, as are a lot of attacks he starts doing during phase 2.

Well at best his special attack would makes it a draw, and 682 would eventually adapt. It would just give 682 time, which is not good.

Also Perp, 682 doesn't exactly have a soul IIRC. Or he doesn't need it.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well at best his special attack would makes it a draw, and 682 would eventually adapt. It would just give 682 time, which is not good.
Also Perp, 682 doesn't exactly have a soul IIRC. Or he doesn't need it.
Adaptation doesn't matter if you can never actually hit your foe, which 682 sure isn't going to be able to.

Also, remember that Undertale's definition of soul =/= the most common definition of soul. It's literally everything that you are, body, mind, and spirit, hence why attacks in the game damage everything and it's referred to as "the very culmination of your being" by Flowey.

Anyway, as I said before, I don't really see either party winning this, which would make it a draw.

Well as I said, 682 doesn't fits the criteria for living either. He's a bit...In a Non-Applicable state of life and death.

Again, 682 has adapted his speed to his opponent, so he would eventually adapt to sans.. Probably. Maybe. Prehaps. Mayhaps.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well as I said, 682 doesn't fits the criteria for living either. He's a bit...In a Non-Applicable state of life and death.
Again, 682 has adapted his speed to his opponent, so he would eventually adapt to sans.. Probably. Maybe. Prehaps. Mayhaps.
Quite a lot of characters who still have souls aren't alive.

Adapting to speed wouldn't really matter, as Sans already had an advantage against someone of similar speed to his own, as he was naturally much better at dodging. Yeah, he'd tire out more, but that'd do little aside from push him to use his special attack, which would just make the battle a draw.

SaikouTouhou said:
the same could be said for Flowey, who sans killed on multiple occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back