• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Flowey is imprinted with asriels memories and personality, but was stated by himself and by Alphys to not have a SOUL many times. This is actually a plot point, as the reason Asriel did so many evil and cruel things as Flowey is due to him being a sociopath who was unable to feel anything or empathise with others - because he didn't have a SOUL. When he absorbed the souls of the other monsters in the underground, his compassion came back and he was able to be talked down from fighting by Frisk. Absorbing the human souls only gave raw power because they weren't as directly compatible I guess.

"I've done it. Using the blueprints, I've extracted it from the human SOULs. I believe this is what gives their SOULs the strength to persist after death. The will to keep living... The resolve to change fate. Let's call this power... "Determination.""

"ASGORE asked everyone outside the city for monsters that had "fallen down." Their bodies came in today. They're still comatose... And soon, they'll all turn into dust. But what happens if I inject "determination" into them? If their SOULS persist after they perish, then... Freedom might be closer than we all thought."

"I've chosen a candidate. I haven't told ASGORE yet, because I want to surprise him with it... In the center of his garden, there's something special. The first golden flower, that grew before all the others. The flower from the outside world. It appeared just before the queen left. I wonder... What happens when something without a SOUL gains the will to live?"

"I don't know what to do. I'll just keep injecting everything with "determination." I want this to work."

"The flower's gone."

Alphys implanted determination on Flowey, not a SOUL.

Back