• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack Calcs

The person who made those calcs (Sunrise) is one of the most unreliable posters on the OBD with the worst English I have ever read.

That said?

The 80% speed of light calc is legit for what it's worth. I'm still of the opinion you should just use the 100 teratons figure for the Chicxulub Impact.... since that's what Aku was and that scene has some very wonky scaling to it: http://www.science20.com/news_artic...d_the_dinosaurs_but_made_forests_great-145010

ABout the speed feats: About Mach 84 calc: "On this frame 2 bullets seem to hit their targets simultaneously, so 1 pix is biggest distance bullet could travel."

On that frame his arm can be seen 3 times. That means we actually do not see his arm move in comparison to the bullet, it is just that the POV can neither see the bullets fly, nor can it follow the movement of Jacks arm. So the idea that he blocks two bullets simultaneously doesn´t work here.

In the first place a Gatling gun fires "only" 350 rounds per minute. So reasonably the timeframe would be 0.1714 seconds between the bullets that reach him. So he moved

0.280850999025339044 m / 0.1714 seconds = 1.639 m/s

Not really fast.

About 0.8c : Not much to say there. Calc wise the feat is ok. Even through as someone mentions the fire would be moving at relativistic speeds as well. So no idea if you want to take it seriously or not.

About Mach 7: Seems ok, I guess. Even through I did not find a version of the episode that I could download to look at the frames.

About DC calcs:

4.8 Kilotons: Not legit per OBD comments alone. Seemingly we don´t know that the spaceship or whatever was freefalling without deceleration and the mass is to high, since 50% hollowness was assumed, while at least 80% is standard.

394 tons: Speed assumption is wrong. More mass = less speed, like stated in the comments, so assuming muzzle velocity of that canon doesn´t work.

654-770 Gigatons/538 Gigatons: Hmm... wonky scaling? maybe but not all that much of a problem in my opinion. Then again if it was supposed to be that event, than it might as well scale like that. So do with that one what you like...

1.32 Tons: Violent fragmentation of wood at 8j/cc... to be honest I never heard that value. It doesn´t seem unrealistic for the feat, I guess. But I really do not know about that value.

@DontTalk: So let me recap here based on your answers/overview of this.

Speed: So the Mach 84 calc isn't good, but those of the 80% SoL and Mach 7 feat are good, yes? Okay.

DC/AP and Durability: So pretty much all are not good but somewhat the Gigaton calc? Okay don't know how imma do this but i'll fix them in accordence to you and CGG's comments then/

the 1.32 tons calc might be legit as well (it doesn´t seem unrealistic), it just is that I can not judge it, since I can not confirm that the 8 j/cc value is right.

DontTalk said:
the 1.32 tons calc might be legit as well (it doesn´t seem unrealistic), it just is that I can not judge it, since I can not confirm that the 8 j/cc value is right.
Oh okay. Well i have adjusted the charactersof the series based on yours and CGG's comments(even going so far as to put Aku's AP and Dura to that of the event that killed the dinosaurs).

I did leave those like Jack and the Scotsman(not really that many SJverse chars) at Large Building due to them having fought skyscraper sized beings and/or very durable robots. The 1.32 tons calc could be in there somewhat though, who knows.

Back