• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakuya Izayoi potential ability additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, there just proposing some super minor additions to Sakuya's abilities.

The ability I want to propose is Enhanced Senses I'll bring up a couple of examples though this one might have a few flaws to it. The first example is Youmu being detected by her, but the issue as pointed out in the scan is her being a novice in tailing her.
SJnsT5V.png

The second example is her noticing the three fairies of light on two occasions which one shows them being invisible. The first example shows that neither Reimu nor Marisa notices them.
gBf3EWs.png

t143WN9.png

This second example is them directly being shown to be invisible. Sorry for the poor scanlation "Eastern and Little Nature Deity" don't really have the best scans online. The scene I'm referring to is on the bottom left where Sakuya almost hit them with a knife.
ojN4oXx.jpg

Now this one should be simple. She has Fire Manipulation due to shooting out fireballs in EOSD (timestamp is around 3:19)

She should have Homing Attacks as she's used them in PCB, PoFV, etc

Possible Examples of Energy Projection? I'm fine with it not being Energy Projection I just wanted some input.
eCdUSQq.png

(timestamps are 2:27, and 2:45)

This can be shockwave creation

And should we just change the "can similarly manipulate space" of the explanation on her Space-Time Manipulation to "contracting and expending space" to just be more specific? There's also the topic of time-reversal should it just be "limited-time reversal as she can only return things to their original positions" or should we not have anything pertaining to time-reversal on her page?
Lp2ae3O.png

As for materializing her knife trails caused by the time lag, I think it should be included in her Space-time Manipulation as well.
viA0WAA.png

Anyways, Thank you for reading the proposal if you happen to stumble across it.

Last edited:
It does look oddly familiar to the fire danmaku that a few other characters in the series use, but I'm still not sure if it's really fire manip.
This could be classified as shockwave creation, though I wouldn't know which ability would be fitting since iirc there's currently a discussion about whether or not shockwave creation is a subset of vibration manipulation.

Disagree with fire manipulation since aside from a vague visual similarity, there's nothing to suggest that attack uses fire. Agree with everything else though.
It does look oddly familiar to the fire danmaku that a few other characters in the series use, but I'm still not sure if it's really fire manip.

This could be classified as shockwave creation, though I wouldn't know which ability would be fitting since iirc there's currently a discussion about whether or not shockwave creation is a subset of vibration manipulation.
Yeah, that's fine it can just be another example of energy projection I'm not too hung up over it.

Also, I forgot to ask about her Time Sign "Imaginary Verticle Time" spell card in the proposal I'll edit it in. So do we just put in the Space-Time Manipulation explanation that she can materialize knife trails caused by the time lag?

viA0WAA.png

So do we just put in the Space-Time Manipulation explanation that she can materialize knife trails caused by the time lag?
How exactly do knife trails prove space-time manip? It'd be far more convenient to just add 'can contract and expand space' and maybe ZUN's statement regarding how space and time are connected in touhou.

Alright so I'll tally up what has happened so far

Everyone is in favor of the ability additions besides the fire manipulation point and we have: Shizuka, Armerish, Shmooply, and FujiwaraYesMokou

Alright, yea, this should count as shockwave creation.

If a staff member has already accepted what's here I think it's fine. Though we probably still need permission to actually edit the page.

You are welcome. Just to note, you have post a message on a staff member to inform them about a crt like this one as you can not directly tag them.

@Antvasima being a example like this.
I was thinking of asking Ant, but I'd figured I give him some time because there's a massive touhou CRT and other things that he's dealing with right now so I didn't want to bother him too much.

Hmm fair enough. There are other staff members that could take a look at this…. Did you ever ask someone like DarkDragon or some other ones?

With the exception of energy projection, this can probably be applied.

Tell me here when I should close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back