• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakamoto Days Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So recently I exhausted this manga at @Sir_Ovens' suggestion, and I noticed an issue with the way the page is scaled.

The 8-C "Chubby Form" key is scaled to an explosion calc, with the slim form upscaled, however I think the filemaker misinterpreted the scaling kinda significantly, in that Taro goes through an amp from his base state initially.

In Chapter 47 we are told that Sakamoto was made "plenty stronger" in his Fat Form through the use of acupuncture, thus having no need to revert to the skinny form at all, the 8-C feat happens afterwards and as such is attributable to his Enhanced Fat Form, not his general base state.

Now to acknowledge, we are given NO METRIC as to how weak this state is to his prime, if anything it may only be negligibly weaker given that he matches past opponents like Slur, still physically, and from this point on the gap is implied to be moreso a skill issue rather than a physical one.

Now what does this mean for tiering?
  • Taro has 3 keys, not 2, and they're "Past", "Before Miya's Enhancements" (Has two sub-ratings showing his stats in Fat Form and Slim Form) and "After Miya's Enhancements"
  • So tiering is At least 8-C, possibly higher (Equal to, and potentially stronger, than his third key) | At least 9-A+, possibly higher in Fat Form (3.3x times weaker than his Prime), At least 8-C, possibly higher in Skinny Form (Comparable to his Prime) | 8-C (Feat)
So ye it's an High 8-C yeet

Last edited:
Darn the sole verse supporter isn't on forums
I read it so i am a supporter i guess. I agree but i also want to add something that I failed to add before. Sakamoto should have Class M ls as he was able to hold half of the Tokyo tower, preventing it from falling.

I deadass don't recall this, only that someone else sliced up the tower to counter the balance.

Can you give a scan :V

There are honestly a lot more things we can calc for the verse but I digress.

This revision is fine.

WWGKMl5.jpg

Tokyo tower is 4000 tons and he was able to halt about half of it from falling. Even if we try and lowball that is still above 1000 tons

So recently I exhausted this manga at @Sir_Ovens' suggestion, and I noticed an issue with the way the page is scaled.

The 8-C "Chubby Form" key is scaled to an explosion calc, with the slim form upscaled, however I think the filemaker misinterpreted the scaling kinda significantly, in that Taro goes through an amp from his base state initially.

In Chapter 47 we are told that Sakamoto was made "plenty stronger" in his Fat Form through the use of acupuncture, thus having no need to revert to the skinny form at all, the 8-C feat happens afterwards and as such is attributable to his Enhanced Fat Form, not his general base state.

Now to acknowledge, we are given NO METRIC as to how weak this state is to his prime, if anything it may only be negligibly weaker given that he matches past opponents like Slur, still physically, and from this point on the gap is implied to be moreso a skill issue rather than a physical one.

Now what does this mean for tiering?
  • Taro has 3 keys, not 2, and they're "Past", "Before Miya's Enhancements" (Has two sub-ratings showing his stats in Fat Form and Slim Form) and "After Miya's Enhancements"
  • So tiering is At least 8-C, possibly higher (Equal to, and potentially stronger, than his third key) | At least 9-A+, possibly higher in Fat Form (3.3x times weaker than his Prime), At least 8-C, possibly higher in Skinny Form (Comparable to his Prime) | 8-C (Feat)
So ye it's an High 8-C yeet
Yeah I agree I read the manga a long time ago so I really do forget this part, you can apply it. (Btw it's Remains, forums won't let me change my name)

I'll probably be making pages for the verse :v

Anyways this is accepted, I'll apply it tomorrow

I did some image replacements btw

I did some image replacements btw
looks sexy af

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back