• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Mercury: Dimensional Manipulation

Higher Dimensional spaces don't exist in real life. Nor do we know what one would like. There is literally no way to know if a space is higher dimensional unless the narrative calls it one. This is faulty logic.
I’m not saying Mercury has to create a “”real life”” accurate dimensional space with perfect visuals. Just that we absolutely can’t go off that name. Going off the name and using Mercury’s arbitrary math as a justification is faulty logic

As I’ve already gone over, I’ve said where I stand on this. I disagree. Let’s not continue this back and forth

I’m not saying Mercury has to create a “”real life”” accurate dimensional space with perfect visuals. Just that we absolutely can’t go off that name. Going off the name and using Mercury’s arbitrary math as a justification is faulty logic

As I’ve already gone over, I’ve said where I stand on this. I disagree. Let’s not continue this back and forth

The math isn't just arbitrary.

A hyper dimensional space is a space that is comprised of more than three dimensions. In order to create the space, Mercury needed time-axis calculations. You cannot be more cut and dry than a character needing math that deals with axes to create a space with multiple axes.

This is the equivalent of a character needing math that deals with gravitational calculations in order to conduct a gravity attack. They're connected.

The math isn't just arbitrary.

A hyper dimensional space is a space that is comprised of more than three dimensions. In order to create the space, Mercury needed time-axis calculations. You cannot be more cut and dry than a character needing math that deals with axes to create a space with multiple axes.

This is the equivalent of a character needing math that deals with gravitational calculations in order to conduct a gravity attack. They're connected.
I literally just told you to stop the back and forth with me. Please stop quote replying to me, I already made it crystal clear I don’t agree

And didn’t we already go over the hyper dimensional space thing in another thread? “Hyper dimensional space” means nothing regarding tiering. You could super, mega, ultimate, and so on before the word “dimensional” and it will mean literally nothing

Again, the math means nothing

I have a right to rebuttal your statements. Stop responding if you don’t care anymore.

Hyperdimensional literally means a space that has more than 3 axes.

The Dimensional Manipulation page says this: Note that only dimensions in a mathematical sense

Words have meanings. Context is always important.

@Iamunanimousinthat yeah none of the scans remotely mention that at all in terms of changing their positions in dimensions. It's just teleportation, not shifting their dimensional positions.

You have the right to refute someone's statements, however you're just going ad nauseum with the same points that's been refuted over and over at this point, if you're not going to add anything new with this ability I see no reason for this thread to stay open.

It's just teleportation
I already showed that Sailor Mercury can teleport without needing any time-axis calculations and without an incantation. And she also uses teleportation before doing the attack.

Also I have literally shown a gif that shows Sailor Mercury creating a space. It's not just teleportation
however you're just going ad nauseum with the same points that's been refuted over and over at this point,
I'm not going in ad nauseum. They said that it could be a forcefield, I showed why it wasn't a forcefield. I showed why it's not teleportation. That argument seems to be ignored.

That doesn’t mean it can be another form of teleportation because for that to qualify for dimensional manipulation you’d need to shift your dimensional position between planes. Also again, creating a space doesn’t mean dimensional manipulation, that’s just creation. Still not convinced by the scans here tbh.

I disagree from the opposition's points; there is not enough evidence to show that the ability is dimension manipulation.

That doesn’t mean it can be another form of teleportation
It 100% means that it's not another form of teleporation. Nothing in the narrative supports it being just teleportation. Mercury literally used teleportation right before doing this ability. It's completely different one.

You refuse to accept the literal name of the attack as evidence, but you're okay with just making things up?

need to shift your dimensional position between planes.
Sailor Mercury is shifting the battle to a higher dimension to stop the neighborhood from being destroying as collateral damage.

That still doesn’t mean it’s not teleportation, Instant transmission and The Kai teleporting are two separate abilities that don’t function the exact same way but are still classified as teleporting. Yes, the site as a whole doesn’t accept using the name of an attack as evidence for an ability. That’s what we call a Name Fallacy.

Still waiting for the scans on them being shifted to a higher dimension. If you’re not gonna post the scans I don’t see the need to continue this thread.

That still doesn’t mean it’s not teleportation, Instant transmission and The Kai teleporting are two separate abilities that don’t function the exact same way but are still classified as teleporting.
This is grossly disingenuous. Those abilities are deliberately described as teleportation by their narrative. Sailor Mercury's ability isn't.

Still waiting for the scans on them being shifted to a higher dimension. If you’re not gonna post the scans I don’t see the need to continue this thread.

I've already posted the scan and a gif.

We see the space whirling into existence and forming behind her. The next scan Beryl confirms they are in a new location.

In fact! When the space dissolves, they are back in the command center. If it was teleportation. Sailor Mercury would have to teleport them back.

Back